PDA

View Full Version : Midweek at Glenlyon

lostandbroke
22-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Going out to Glenlyon for a few days on Tuesday. Haven't tried soft plastics there yet. Been checking the rainfall there, doesn't look too excessive. Going to try some Atomic Guzzlers and trolling hardbodies. Anyone been there recently?

Cheers
Al

finga
23-11-2008, 07:19 AM
Good luck on trip the matey.
I'll be interested in the report when you get back :)

bdowdy
23-11-2008, 06:38 PM
GOOD LUCK THERE WAS A 50,,ODD POUND COD CAUGHT LAST WEEK APPARENTLY,,,,the yellas are starting to fire up also....ill be there friday night for a cod survey,,,,if your still about might catch ya...you should do okay trolling and throwing afew lures about...glen lyon is ahard dam to fish at times so good luck...brett...bdowdy

lostandbroke
24-11-2008, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the good wishes Finga and Brett. We're going up tomorrow and coming back Thursday, so will miss you Brett. Might have some news to post Thurs evening. I've always done well at Glenlyon except for one Easter a couple of years ago, when I tried to get my wife hooked on freshwater stuff. We fished pretty hard, two long sessions every day. The dam was turning over and I only saw one fish frame in the fish cleaning bin for a whole week. A weird situation, the water was changing colour and just didn't look right. The fish were right off the chew.

Yet to get a decent cod from there, best has been around sixty cm, maybe this time....

Cheers

Al