PDA

View Full Version : Lake Kurwongbah 100%

shayned
21-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Popped down last night to check it out, the water is flying over the spill way. I stayed for an hour and didn't see any fish go over. I did see a metre long eel have a bit of an "oh crap" moment as it realised that the water at the bottom of the raceway goes a lot faster than at the top.

I'll try to post some photos later on.

dinodadog
21-11-2008, 06:15 PM
It would be a shame to see any of those new fingerlings sliding over the wall Shane.

rayken1938
21-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Wish they could pump it into NPD
Cheers
Ray

tunaticer
21-11-2008, 06:52 PM
Just got back from a walk out to Lake Kurwongbah spillway just now. Several kids below the spillway with a landing net scooping some fish, either quite large spangled perch or smallish bass. I saw two separate fish they were handling.

Water looks to be about 2-3 inches deep coming over the spillway now so I guess the threat of losing fish has mostly passed for the time being.

Jack.

shayned
22-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Checked on the likely outcome to the fish we have stocked so far, apparently we will lose some bass but due to them not being sexually mature and also as it is outside of the natural migration run time we wont be too badly affected. Apparently the natural tendency will be for the population to move upstream not down.

That said we have held off on the next Bass release for the time being.

shayned
22-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Some photos

Little grey men
25-11-2008, 01:07 PM
Cheers for the pics Shayne. When I went down there on Sunday the water was just flowing over, about a 1/2". Couple of kids on skateboards were sitting on skateboards and flying down the slope making really cool sprays.
Looked like heaps of fun.;D