PDA

View Full Version : Inner City Carp

snagking
20-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Hey guys.
This is going to sound pretty weird, but hey, why not :D
Lately my friend and I have done a couple fishing trips in Bulimba Creek on foot. In Carindale part of bulimba creek (where we've been fishing for mullet/bream) we've had some success, but we were really interested in the freshwater lake at minnippi parklands. When we wen't there the first time we only had bread for bait :'(, so all we caught were some turtles:-X but we saw heaps of carp close to the shore that were approx 25cm in size, so naturally ( as we have never caught a carp before) we tried to catch them. They wouldn't eat bread. weren't interested in corn. and only slightly interested in the dough (badly made :'().
When my friend took some steak down to catch some eels he caught a turtle :o
So I was wondering if anyone could tell me about something that inner city carp would eat, that turtles might not.

Sorry for the long post,
Snagking

yellahunter
20-11-2008, 08:06 PM
hand spear haha,
mate if you cant get em to eat during the day try at night
i know we used to get em down south in places like that at night.
you would try all day for nuda then at night it was a different story.
worms, corn, bread/dough.

snagking
21-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Sweet thanks.
Anyone else have any idea's?

tropicrows
21-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Make up a mix of floor water and some curry powder, until it's a pale yellow. Garden worms work well too. however you are still going to catch all the stuff as well.

yellahunter
21-11-2008, 05:55 PM
mate eveything worth knowing is in what i mentioned.
dont bother with other things,
i was in the coarse anglers club down south
some of the guys have carp fishing down to an art,
also learned a lot from the english coarse angler books/

2manylures
21-11-2008, 06:24 PM
mate eveything worth knowing is in what i mentioned.
dont bother with other things,
i was in the coarse anglers club down south
some of the guys have carp fishing down to an art,
also learned a lot from the english coarse angler books/

I was going to offer some advice as I used to regularly fish with the Australian Course Fishing Champion but seeing you've made it clear I won't.;D

jim_bream
29-11-2008, 11:00 AM
hemp seed (if u can get it), maggots and dough (wet with Listerine after baiting hook- keeps the smaller carp & turtles away- older fish have poorer sense of smell) worked for me in the UK- was n't a member of a fancy-shmantsy club but caught my fair share of crap... er.... carp ;-)
jimbo

snagking
30-11-2008, 07:48 PM
Would it be worth throwing some beetles into the lake for the carp and other fishes?

oldboot
30-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Perhaps a fly or very small popper.

cheers

reel scream
01-12-2008, 12:03 AM
As kids down south- bread/corn/poo on a stick. yOU SURE THEY ARE DIRTY OLD CARP MATE. ???

Kill the smelly lads.

Scott

snagking
01-12-2008, 07:39 AM
Yeah, I'm positive :(

We've just had buckets of rain, so the lake is dirty as, so I'll have to wait a week to fish it again :(