PDA

View Full Version : barra park in december

nufin_flash
20-11-2008, 11:16 AM
hey guys

have some family rocking up to my joint for christmas and some of them are pretty keen fishos .

the barra park in bli bli is looking a good option for something , was wondering whats it like in december ?

bowds13
20-11-2008, 12:09 PM
hey mate iv been there a couple of times later in the year an have got some fish. the biggest tip i could give u is to take your own bait we all was use live mullet but even dead bait seems to work better then the pellets they give you there very hard to cast out aswell as they are very light.

cheers

Chamelion
20-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Do they have many barra in there? I wouldn't mind trying it out, but it would have to be decent for the costs involved!

Matt.

GCTIM007
20-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Hi there, i have been there a couple of times and imo the best time to go is in the afternoon, thats when they start to feed and become a lot more active. the times that i did go I went all day and did not get any real action untill the last two hours of the day

the pellets are very light and are hard to cast if you have an over head reel, but the park has spin gear for hire if you dont have your own.

nufin_flash
20-11-2008, 01:14 PM
cheers guys

i didnt think you were allowed to use bait in the ponds except for the really big one that has everything under the sun in it

culbara
20-11-2008, 09:08 PM
make sure you go when it has been stinking hot for a few days makes them more active

stack
26-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Pond Donkeys like it hot when the water gets a few stinker days of heat on it get there with the poppers its a ball,light spin gear and a 2 pellet rig is the best as you can cast better and 1 always stays on.Also test the pellets in the water once you rig em to make sure they float,nothing worse than sinking pellets.Bait livies are the best but i reckon Hardy heads will do just fine,my biggest is 93cm and that was in July a few years ago! Hope this helps anyone,the Mrs bought me a membership a couple of years ago bless her little heart.

Stack

Cammy
26-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Yer its an alright park i have been there twice, once in winter and another in summer. We caught zip in winter other than a couple of decent size mullet, but in summer we caught barra and i caught the biggest of the day goin 74cm from the mixed species pond.

Cam