PDA

View Full Version : nerang jacks

lowlux
18-11-2008, 06:15 AM
hello my name is peter have been watching this site for a while now but first time posting

i am after some help i am heading down the coast this weekend chasing jacks and have been told by people that a good place to look is around the council chambers but am not sure where that is and where a good boat ramp is to put in at

also what other places might be worth a fish for all types of fish

i know that jack fishos don't like giving much info away but a little help would be great

thanks

yellahunter
18-11-2008, 07:48 AM
I dont care about secret spots etc, most of the goldy crew fish the same area anyway. Jacks are thick all over the coast, but in all honesty the northern end seems to produce more,

the coomera around the M1 and sanctuary cove seem to be pretty good,
when launching just sound around until you find a deeper drop off with good current. you will also get cod and trevs up there.

the rock walls leading into sanctuary cove marina are particularly good,
you will see the depth drop away close to peoples pontoons, this area has produced.

good luck with it mate,
make sure you get some piccies, looking forward to your report

Gold_Coast_Chaser
18-11-2008, 07:50 AM
Hey Mate,

Im in a similar boat to you when it come to catching jacks. My only recommendations would be to probably fish at night, give it a go under a few bridges. Maybe bundall bridge, isle of capri bridge.

However i can tell you, that if your wanting to fish around the council chambers (and these bridges i have mentioned) , i would be launching my boat at the "isle of capri boat ramp" it is pretty central and you wont be far away from many places in the river.
You could also launch next to the sundale bridge, (closer to the broadwater) but you would have to travel up the river for a while. my best bet would be isle of capri.

Hope this Helps Mate

Didley
18-11-2008, 08:06 AM
Yeh mate, the boys have got it covered there, Isle of Capri ramp and concentrate on the bridges, though, this rain wont help you. Cheers

lowlux
18-11-2008, 05:33 PM
yeah it is a bit disapointing about the rain but only chance i have between now and chrismast so am going to give it a go anyway thanks everyone for your help

marty_z
18-11-2008, 07:48 PM
This rain has really set in tonight so don't bother with the mid to upper reaches of any rivers down here. Concentrate on the river mouths and Broadwater region - the Seaway should fish well for them after the rain, especially on the run in with the incoming salt water. Be careful travelling on the water though - could be plenty of debris in the water.

Marty

monkey76
18-11-2008, 08:21 PM
Just for a little bit of inspiration check the Jack video out on the link below, click on Nerang caught Jacks that should give you a tip or to and get you pumped:
Good luck hope you get one

http://www.coastwatch.com.au/Fishing/FishingVideo-631/

lowlux
19-11-2008, 06:12 AM
lets hope there is not too much debris in the water was hoping for a good day out fishing oh well only time will tell i guess

is there any other spots down there people can think of that would be worth a try if the river is dirty i will only be in a 12f flat bottom punt with a 15hp on so don't wont anything to hairy