PDA

View Full Version : Fold down bimini

suzygs1000
17-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Hi,

I would like to fit a bimini to my centre console.

I don't want a canopy, as I don't want any obstruction around the gunn'ls that I would need to pass a rod around.

My problem is that to fit it in my shed, it needs to be lowered about 200mm, as the roller door only opens to 2.7 metres, which is 2 metres above the deck of the boat.

Has anyone anything like that fitted to their boat?

It would need to be readily lowered - I don't want to spend 20 minutes each time putting it up, and lowering it.

My centre console is one metre wide, the boat is 2.35m wide, with 180mm wide gunn'ls.

There is plenty of room in front of the console but only about 2 metres available from the deck to the roller door.

I have thought maybe something that could hinge forward. It probably would need to overhang the console by about 600mm, and be around 2.4m overall. This is a problem with only the 2 metres available under the roller door.

Either that, or something that slid up and down the 200mm.

It is just the idea I am looking for.

I will design something specific for the boat, if I had a concept.

Any pics would be appreciated.

thanks Dave.:bulb:

russ81
17-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Have you considered a T Targa you can pick up ones that will slide out of the clamps and when you head out you just slide the Targa in and tighten the screws

Russ

russ81
17-11-2008, 10:58 PM
Heres a pic I found gives you an idea

Russ

seabug
17-11-2008, 11:08 PM
Hi suzygs1000

This one looks the goods

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=141042

Regards
seabug

Jeremy
18-11-2008, 08:33 AM
google Targa or biminis. There is an online mob who make them up for centre consoles fold down. Look OK.
Jeremy

suzygs1000
18-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the replies, guys...
Seabug, you're right ... that idea is brilliant, and exactly what I was looking for.

I would post pics of mine when I make it, but my welds don't look anything like Daz's...
thanks again all Dave.