PDA

View Full Version : console design for my Sportfisher build

mungindi
17-11-2008, 04:42 AM
Morning,
This is my console that I made and will be putting in my boat that I'm building. It's made out of marine ply and will be strapped up with biaxial tape and then totally covered in several layers of heavy Biaxial fabric and Epoxy. i still have to cut out the holes for the hatches and the such but I will do that after it is all laminated. It's 1100mm high x 800mm wide x 650mm deep 2 people should be able to get behind it reasonabily easily. I was hoping to post some photos of the hull paint job but the finish hasn't turned out as well as I had hoped so I'm going to have to fix it up a bit before I put up any photos of it.
Gary

Chimo
17-11-2008, 07:18 AM
Hi Gary

Have you considered going thru the plug, mould to FRP model of this?

There may be a few others who could be interested so you should be able to get your outlay back.

Cheers
Chimo

mungindi
17-11-2008, 08:57 AM
G/Day Chimo,
Mate I don't have the skills to do anything like that plus I have just about had enough of the whole fibreglass and epoxy thing. If anyone is intersted the fella who designed it for me will sell a set of the plans for the console for about $50.00 you can make it out of fibreglass and ply like I have done or you can use the same plans to make it out of Alloy if you wanted to. Its not hard if I can do it anyone can believe me
Gary