PDA

View Full Version : Cressbrook Dam

woolybugger
15-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Hi all,

I am going to take the old man to Lake Cressbrook in the near future, however neither of us have bee there before.

Was wondering if anyone out there had any info on the place ie how to get there, can you launch a boat due to the low water levels and as we enjoy fly fishing andcasting lures, can anyone point us in the right direction to start fishing etc.

I understand that people have their secret x spots which is fair enough but any info would be highly appreciated. Purely catch and release!

Cheers.

bdowdy
16-11-2008, 03:38 PM
hi wooly bugger i fish cressy every year,,, i fish the banks early in the morning using surface lures,,then change to spinnerbaits, chatterbaits or jackalls ,,,dont do alot of trolling but some guys do and get into some fish,,, theres plenty of small bass here but my biggest is 45cm on surface..youll get your 4os and 38s but theres heaps of smaller fish,,the camping area is awesome and the faciltys are great ,,if you want any more info pm me..cheers bdowdy..brett

BrettyJ
24-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Does anyone know how the water level is looking after the rain we had, or did Cressy miss out again. Cheers Brett

bdowdy
24-11-2008, 06:14 PM
i know that area recieved about 50 odd mm of rain,,,someone said 13percent now i dont know if that was before or after but it will help....thank goodness..brett

BrettyJ
25-11-2008, 09:08 AM
Used to go out there every year for easter, didn't worry last year cause of the level, but hopfully be able to venture back out next year.