PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck!

Pobblebonk
15-11-2008, 08:03 AM
Alright fishybobs, today is the day!

I'm taking all your 'advice' and seeing if I can put it to good use.

Mr Chicken and I are heading out for a fish today. I think I've picked a good spot, hopefully we catch something.

I'm going to have a play with worms, prawns, my soft plastics and I bought a very pretty [and very cheap] lure thing.

Hopefully I'll be kissing a few and throwing them back ;D

PS. We're not scared of clouds!

aussiefool
15-11-2008, 08:05 AM
Luck Luck Luck

blueboy
15-11-2008, 08:12 AM
go get em tiger,and good luck.

cheers greg ;D

jtpython
15-11-2008, 08:15 AM
Have fun thats the main thing ..............We are heading out this afternoon to some ground off the coast here overnight so best of luck to you to
JT

wilcara
15-11-2008, 08:33 AM
Go Pobbs! Kick ass!

chewy01
15-11-2008, 08:35 AM
luck,
chewy..:) :)

Benno1
15-11-2008, 08:46 AM
Go Mr Chicken!!!...show mumma how its done buddy :D...hope you catch a few fish Pobs...looking forward to some piccies :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

wags on the water
15-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Good luck and have fun.

PaulMark
15-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Go get em guys.Good luck Pobbs
Paulo

PaulMark
15-11-2008, 02:49 PM
The look on their face when they catch something is priceless.Jordan is probably the only person who doesn't mind catching toadies!Cos,their funny:D However whiting are better.
Paulo

Pobblebonk
15-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Great photo there Paul!

Well, we went to Jacobs Well, down from the jetty, up from a little park down from the jetty, and we caught nothing :(

And actually, the horse flies are the size of birds and they're in plague proportions. Not much fun in the end when you're busy trying to swat them constantly.

Next time! Next time.

sandbankmagnet
15-11-2008, 06:22 PM
there's always next time.

Do you think Mr Chicken is too young for a boat? I took my daughter out when she was 3 and a half. You just have to mix it up to keep their interest. half hour of crabbing, half hour of yabby pumping, half hour of fishing, half hour of swimming and repeat the cycle.

wilcara
15-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Aahhhhhh... the ancient lament of fisherfolk:

Next time! Next time.

Pobsy has learned it already. She's a natural.

PaulMark
16-11-2008, 07:56 AM
Next time and just one more cast, all you need to say really.It will get better Pobbs,and if Mr Chicken decides to a)throw stones in right where you're fishing or b)jump in himself,don't worry too much after all you're growing a fishing buddy so its the future you focus on.Mind you if he's still doing that when he's 15 then I don't think he's a fisho;)
Paulo

jtpython
16-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Having 6 kids (hers mine and our) i find just throw em into the boat and away ya go .......youngest is 3 just a matter of keeping an eye on him as he climbs up the pockets of the boat and trys to touch the water but all good life jacket is on ..... Trying to organise a camp obver on the boat this weekend as the reef fin closures start here again so might be a good chance for a family trip as i'm always out fishing if the weather is good .well mostly.

Next time you'll score hopefully

JT