PDA

View Full Version : Can fish tell when a woman is holding the rod???

poddy mullet
13-11-2008, 04:07 PM
G"Day all,
I have come to a conclusion over my past few fishing trips, and it is that the fish can definatly tell when a female is holding the rod. A recent trip to chase some big yella's saw my better half into a trophy fish every time a tied her lure on, and passed the rod to her! She completley outfished me! She always boats the first fish, the biggest fish, and the most fish every trip without fail! Anyone else had a similar expeirience????
I can't put it down to her fishing knowledge or any kind of logical reasoning, as her method of lure choice is to "pick a pretty one...."

Help- I am getting flogged!!!!!:'( :'( :'(

Yogi65
13-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Its a funny phenomenon but I hear what you are saying as it happens in my boat as well. I actually tried going out without my wife but the catch rate seemed diminished somewhat. So I'd rather be outfished and have some for a feed.

Pobblebonk
13-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Probably only the female ones can, since all females are mindreaders.

Jeremy87
13-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Only when the rod is expensive and made from graphite, nearly had a heart attack the other day when i handed my rod over to a chick to wind a fish in, turned around to grab the net,turn back and we're talking scary rod angles.

Gordie
13-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Leave Them At Home

finga
13-11-2008, 06:15 PM
G"Day all,
I have come to a conclusion over my past few fishing trips, and it is that the fish can definatly tell when a female is holding the rod. A recent trip to chase some big yella's saw my better half into a trophy fish every time a tied her lure on, and passed the rod to her! She completley outfished me! She always boats the first fish, the biggest fish, and the most fish every trip without fail! Anyone else had a similar expeirience????
I can't put it down to her fishing knowledge or any kind of logical reasoning, as her method of lure choice is to "pick a pretty one...."

Help- I am getting flogged!!!!!:'( :'( :'(
You just have to learn from that.
Pick pretty lures and see what happens. :)

2manylures
13-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Probably only the female ones can, since all females are mindreaders.

Don't know about mind readers but you's have better hearing than a Bassett Hound when ya's feel inclined. ;)

Have to agree with finga on this one Poddy.

deefa66
13-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Hey Poddy Mullet know where your coming from, can even go one further! We spent last week at awoonga with our new boat which I thought we would christen with a barra or 2, well no we didn't, she says she never catches fish with me.
Just to prove her point she skippers a team in the Lady Fishers comp over the weekend, although they only caught 3 fish for the comp, they still took out champion team, my wife got champion angler ( new egrell rod!), 1st & 3rd longest barra. So boat has well and truly been christened, but not by me!!!:(

Cheers Dale

ifishcq1
13-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Funny that
I read an article about a world flyfishing championships in Scotland and the story went along the lines that a lady who had never even seen a flyrod let alone caught a fish was given a 5min demo
she caught the most fish on day 1 then on day 2 she was sick of fishing and wanted to quit so one of her partners asked her to tie on his fly and touch it regularly
he hooked up straight away and took out day 2
scientists checked out every conceivable reason and after trying different things they came to the conclusion that it is women's pheromones that attract fish
probably the same ones they use to attract us, don't know but girls do it too often to be taken as just fluke

cheers
SL

Fish'n Junky
14-11-2008, 06:30 AM
they came to the conclusion that it is women's pheromones that attract fish SL

Ok, so they stink? ;D ;D

Mental note... Try some as burley!;D ;D

Ladies - no offense intended... Post made in jest!

udlman
14-11-2008, 06:50 AM
Make her drive the boat, tie the lures on and watch the sounder, I bet you will start catching more then her.;D;D;D;D;D;D

TimiBoy
14-11-2008, 07:36 AM
NO trouble on my tub. Mumsy Wumsy loves coming along, but several Ausfishers will attest to the fact that she bolts for the cabin shrieking when a fish comes on board. She sticks to food/coffee preparation, and nursing when required.

As far as getting her to touch lures/bait/hooks, not a chance. She did hold the rod once when I had to turn the boat when hooked up onto one of my Avatar Dollies.

And I made her try the netting job once. ONCE!

Mind you, after last weekend's efforts at Hervey Bay, she said she might try fishing. Here comes trouble!!!

Cheers,

Tim

wilcara
14-11-2008, 08:26 AM
She completley outfished me! She always boats the first fish, the biggest fish, and the most fish every trip without fail! Anyone else had a similar expeirience????

Every time I go out. Not restricted to women though. Everyone outfishes me.

Pobblebonk
14-11-2008, 08:31 AM
Every time I go out. Not restricted to women though. Everyone outfishes me.

You poor thing. I bet everyone wants to go fishing with you Wilcara! :P

Nic
14-11-2008, 08:58 AM
Pfft, there are plenty of blokes who shouldn't own a graphite rod! Many think they can just chuck it in the back of the ute and then wonder why it breaks. ::)

P Mullet it's great that your missus is doing so well, and that she likes to come out fishing with you. Sounds like a top chick! I reckon teach her a loop knot, she'll be even prouder of her fish when she catches them on a lure she tied on herself. :)

poddy mullet
14-11-2008, 09:19 AM
Yeah, top advice Nic! She made me proud the other day when she caught a trout cod all on her own! Sh'es has even sarted to put her own bait and lures on recently! Maybe I should just leave the fishing to her...... Anyone got a set of lawn bowls I can borrow????;) ;) ;)