PDA

View Full Version : Where do I catch these GC Trevs?

PlasticFantastic
11-11-2008, 08:53 PM
With a couple of posts showing up in the Estuary section of good size Big Eye Trevs being caught on the Gold Coast I thought now would be a good time to ask for some advice on where I could target a few with any degree of luck. It would be nice to head down for a couple of hours at night and actually catch something.

I'm only after advice on roughly where to go and what to look for, not secret spots or anything.

PlasticFantastic

marty_z
11-11-2008, 10:24 PM
I would suggest doing a search on the threads posted here over the last couple of Summers and you should get a few ideas.

Being more specific though, the Seaway is a good place to start (boat and bank), the creek mouths that drain into the Broadwater, and creek mouths and pontoons throughout the Nerang river. Also try the lakes up the far end of rivers and even some of the land-locked lakes all over the coast. Basically if there is bait, there should be trevs.

Marty

bustaonenut
12-11-2008, 04:30 AM
jig around the pontoons and the marina, top of the tide is best

GCTIM007
12-11-2008, 02:03 PM
i was out 2 nights ago trawling reedys little lucifers from the entrance to the monaco st bridge up towards the southport bridge and the flag pole house with some good success 5 hits 3 dropped :-[ and two in the boat ;D i tried casting but did not have as much success