PDA

View Full Version : Cania Queries?

Colo77
11-11-2008, 08:12 PM
Anyone fished Cania recently? Headin out there mid december to get my bass & toga fix for the year. What's the water level, fishing conditions etc like? What lures/retrieves have been doin the goods?

Any info/tips much appreciated.

Colo

jameshallam
12-11-2008, 04:22 PM
water is down to 5% u can still use the ramps with out any trouble caught bass on beetle spins with a purple 3 inslider grub and kokoda g vibes

warrior
12-11-2008, 07:08 PM
mate we just had the basstastic grandfinal out there and the dam fished pretty well ,fish were caught on jackalls fished to the drop off near the old river bed this worked all over the dam colors in ayu,chrome ayu, purples and blacks,spinnerbaits also went ok in golds and greens ,we also did well on icejigs in purple and green when we found schools in the deeper water,most of the big fish came from the drop off around the section down from the quarry on the right ,the ramp is still great to use as well good luck AL

Pumba
12-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Just returned from 2 days at Cania-
Fished pretty good, follow what Al mentioned and you should be right.
Also got a couple on slider grubs slow rolled around the edges.

Caught the biggest fish on a Spinnerbait, but got the majority of them on Crawdad and Ayu jackals slow rolled through a thermocline sitting around 3m down. Spoke to a couple of guys at the ramp and they were getting plenty of small fish trolling diving minnows.

Also got a few little Bass and a nice Toga on surface early and late in the day.

Good luck,
Matt

Colo77
13-11-2008, 08:24 PM
Thanks guys. Sounds similar to last time I was there (Al, also a basstastic round a couple of years back now). Can't wait to get back there. I had a bucks weekend there I like the place so much. Pretty tame weekend but great to be on the water with my best buds & relos.

Last time we fished it mostly with Jackall TN60's & Slider Grubs on1/4 oz dam deep jig heads. I still have my arsenal so I should be right.

I'm spending the best part of three days on the water. Good to hear the ramp is good nick. I assume it is still the ramp ah turn right off the main ramp about half way down?

Thanks again for the tips, they'll prove to be most useful I'm sure.

Cheers,

Colo

MarkFC
09-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Heading up there for a few days after Christmas, can you fish from the shoreline, not taking the boat.

Any help appreciated.