PDA

View Full Version : Townsville

MickEddy
11-11-2008, 04:05 PM
G'day all

Me and a mate are heading up to townsville (november 19th-22th) we will be fishing plantation creek in Ayr on the way. I have however read some archives and noticed that crystal creek is mentioned a fair bit, and also Ooree (spelling??) just south of rollingstone, i have a 4wd, and camping gear and will have plenty of fishing gear for most sorts of fishing. However will be landbased.

I was just seeing if any townsvillian could give me some local advice in regards to these locations or if there are any better locations that i could fish.

Thank you
MICK

Davey
11-11-2008, 04:55 PM
I found this while looking for landbased spots in Townsville.
It might help
Dave
http://www.fishingnq.com/introduction.htm

trueblue
11-11-2008, 05:15 PM
groper creek, burdekin delta

Dunkxx
11-11-2008, 07:25 PM
After you hit plantation, it may be worth stopping by the Haughton at giru wier when your on your way to Crystal. Great fishin there.

upstart
11-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Have a look at Molongle Creek on the way up. It's just south of the little town of Gumlu. Good whiting and Flathead fishing at the mouth, also has a small caravan park and fish cleaning facilities. North of Townsville you have Toomulla, Ollera, Hencamp and Rollingston and Crystal to name a few.

the lobster
11-11-2008, 09:26 PM
G'day all

Me and a mate are heading up to townsville (november 19th-22th) we will be fishing plantation creek in Ayr on the way. I have however read some archives and noticed that crystal creek is mentioned a fair bit, and also Ooree (spelling??) just south of rollingstone, i have a 4wd, and camping gear and will have plenty of fishing gear for most sorts of fishing. However will be landbased.

I was just seeing if any townsvillian could give me some local advice in regards to these locations or if there are any better locations that i could fish.

Thank you
MICK

I think you're talking about Ollera Creek? Haven't been there myself, but have been meaning to. Have driven past it a trillion times. Check out these threads for info on accessing the best spots:
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=82943&highlight=ollera
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=88411&highlight=ollera

Also, I saved this info from a forum somewhere. Can't remember if it was here or another site.
"Try ollera ck, which is north of Townsville. Turn off the highway to the right immediately north of the Ollera Ck bridge. That track will take you to the beach on the northern side of the creek. You can also head down the south side of the creek if you turn off the highway a little earlier. This track is a lot rougher with some big ruts and washouts. With this rain it turns into a muddy slippery track. Lots of fun but you can get swamped in some of the larger ruts. Check the depths first or leave it til it's dry so you can see what's happening. "

Hope that helps.

matt

levinge
11-11-2008, 10:09 PM
All are good, but just remember be Croc Wise. Snappin handbag frequent alot of the waterways up here....

MickEddy
12-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the help fellas

Mick