PDA

View Full Version : Townsville Sunday 9 Nov 08

Rod Fishing
10-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Scott NQ, Ronnien and myself headed out at about 0430h yesterday. We had a few problems with fuel being stale but the engine sorted it out itself. I was a little worried the first time but after it came good after a few minutes i realised that it was just stale fuel.

We headed out to the bomber shoals, whilst there was a heap of fish on the sounder it was hard to anchor right on the spot thus making it difficult to to get into the strike zone. One thong I have learned form fishing out there is that if your not in the right spot you don't catch fish.

It was a good day weather wise, however the fishing was slow. Ronnien got a nice large mouth nanny and a blugger Trev. Scott NQ got ramora's again as did I. I was busted off three times by something big, one of the bust offs was on a green squidge pro 5" shad that got nailed drifting into the strike zone it felt like a big Cobia but will never know. there was plenty of head shake and long runs. Scott got busted up twice as did ronnie.

I have no pics, but I am sure that Ronnie will post one of the nanny he got.

In all it was an enjoyable day with two great people from Ausfish, and as i always say a bad days fishing is better than a good day at work.

Cheers Rod....8-)

ronnien
10-11-2008, 06:40 PM
rod
sorry no pic of the nanny, forgot & now it's in our gut.
had a great day out mate (thanks).
so thats to great trips out wide in 1 week! 2 nanny's, 2 great skippers, levenge & rod, thanks boys.

ron.

Scott nthQld
10-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Rod don't sell yourself short, you got 3 remora, including the biggest of the day.

Pity about the lack of fish, but it was a great day otherwise, we'll have to do it again. I reckon that last spot we were on, if we had've let out another 10-20m of rope we would've been right on it and cleaned up in that last couple of hours.

We also had a school of small tuna busting right behind the boat at one stage, but we were too slow to get the metals out.

And let's not forget the shark free jumping out the back of the boat, chasing those tuna I bet.

Rod Fishing
10-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Guys, firstlty thanks for coming its hard to do everything yourself, anytime I head out I will always keep you in mind, I am still disapointed that the fish werent on the chew, but it sounded like everyone had troubles getting fish too the boat on the weekend.

Cheers Rod....8-)

levinge
11-11-2008, 07:08 AM
Next time Rod, I promise we will have two boats out there

Fishin_Dan
13-11-2008, 12:14 AM
Bugger you guys didn't get more fish onboard... Ad knowing you Rod, that would have stung a little. But from the stories you al had a ball and a good day, and that's always good.

Would have loved to been with you boys, but work called me to Mount Isa... Back now, so we shall see what happens coming up.