PDA

View Full Version : How Many Ausfishers Have You Met ?

Cammy
09-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Hey fishers,

I got round to thinking were a big community, so we would have crossed each other path atleast once on purpose or not.;)

So how many ausfishers have you met?

(And yes i just realised i didnt put 0 up there::) )

Cam

sleepygreg
09-11-2008, 11:40 PM
I think I have met about 7 or 8, but a couple of them I knew before I knew they were on ausfish (due to not knowing their nic). I have also spoken to a number more over the phone or through messenger after establishing contact through PM.

Benno1
10-11-2008, 09:11 AM
2 in the flesh...about half dozen or so via pm if that counts...im working on it tho :D...in my travels between Gladstone and the Gold coast ive seen 4 boats of various shapes and sizes along the highway...its an easy sticker to recognise...i just wave...they must be thinking..."who the hell was that" :P
If anyone organises another Gladstone and sorounding areas M+G...itll be more :P

Mrs Benno1

rob tranter
10-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Mrs benno

You could have met a swagg of them last month, Agnes isn't that far away,
sh!t some of us were only about 40k's from you on our Crabbing expedition;D

I've met 20+, nearly all at Agnes,one at Wooli and a couple in Tassie (thats two people = two heads), looking forward to meeting more.

Rob T8-)

Jeremy87
10-11-2008, 10:41 AM
Lost count, working in a tackle store does tend to throw the odds in your favour though.

Scott nthQld
10-11-2008, 11:00 AM
I've met a few, most of the Townsville representation in fact, I ticked the wrong box because I forgot a couple, but I think its around 15 members +

Benno1
10-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Mrs benno

You could have met a swagg of them last month, Agnes isn't that far away,
sh!t some of us were only about 40k's from you on our Crabbing expedition;D

I've met 20+, nearly all at Agnes,one at Wooli and a couple in Tassie (thats two people = two heads), looking forward to meeting more.

Rob T8-)

I know Rob...next year mate... ;D

finga
10-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Don't know about the number I've met already but there's a fair few I want to meet one day :)

I know who's the Ausfishy fella I've known the longest though. Scalem is the dude. But at the time i met him I didn't know about this Ausfish stuff. Actually I don't know if the site was working back then.
First ridgy didge Ausfishy type meet up was Lucky Phil. On the side of the road one day ::)

tunaticer
10-11-2008, 04:57 PM
It would be hard to quantify as I do not specifically ask every fisherman i strike a conversation with if he is an Ausfisher. Usually it does not come up in conversation but i recently found out that someone i have been fishing with on and off for the past 20 yrs is a regular reader but not contributor.

Off the top of my head i suppose there would be a dozen or so I know that are fellow Ausfishers.

Jack.

slyman
10-11-2008, 05:40 PM
In person, just the one.

However, I've seen a few vehicles on the road with Ausfish stickers and I've seen a few folks in tackle stores (as customers) that have made me think... "I wonder if thats..."

webby
10-11-2008, 06:52 PM
Are they a different breed or look different then others fishos;D

slyman
10-11-2008, 07:16 PM
Are they a different breed or look different then others fishos;D

Yeah! The folks I've seen in a tackle store that have made me wonder have always had this wild and crazy glassy-eyed stare while they get intimate and upclose with the merchandise. Its this very reason that prevents me from going over to introduce myself incase I get infected with whatever they've got! ;D

finding_time
10-11-2008, 07:22 PM
calloused index finger tips is a good givaway!!!!!Hairy palm's may be another but i'm only judging that on lucky phill, the deckie, bugman and gbc!

Ian

jtpython
10-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Look i have met a lot of good people in my time and will always endeavour to help anyone i met cheer's to all i haven't met and all i have
Always available for a jimmie and dry and a chat
JT
\Bring the fishing and feed on

Scalem
10-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Certainly my vote was 20+

Crikey, all the events over the years, and yes, all members seemed extraordinarily human:P;D;D

M&G's, 4WD trips, boating convoys, recognizing the odd sticker on boats, Webbys R2M, rocky reef fish meeting, AFLP election...... We'd be bigger than all the bikey gangs put together if we rode motorbikes!!

Scalem

PS Thanks for the mention Scottie

wilcara
10-11-2008, 08:15 PM
None

Y'all in the wrong freakin' State.

:-X

Rod Fishing
10-11-2008, 08:16 PM
I put that I have met 15+ but its probably more. In Townsville we have a tight little group of about 10 that will meet every couple of months and have a beer or 8.

That reminds me we are due again for a drink.

Cheers Rod....8-)

Donny Boy
11-11-2008, 04:57 AM
None

Y'all in the wrong freakin' State.

:-X

What state would that be Chris ???? Intoxication ??? ;D

One in the flesh.....K-Dog ( Neighbour )

Seen a few stickers on the roads tho'

wilcara
11-11-2008, 07:54 AM
What state would that be Chris ???? Intoxication ??? ;D

Probably. Drunken red-necked heathens. Down here is all clean sober living and cold showers. Sort of like a 16th century monastery but with snapper and trout.

Noelm
11-11-2008, 08:15 AM
I guess to put another slant on all this, is there anyone you would like to meet for some reason? like say, to give them a slap around the head and have an argument, or just to say thanks, whatever reason!

finga
11-11-2008, 08:30 AM
I guess to put another slant on all this, is there anyone you would like to meet for some reason? like say, to give them a slap around the head and have an argument, or just to say thanks, whatever reason!
Yeah.
There's Kerry to start with.
Why?? Why not ;D

Seriously though there's lot of blokes and sheilas (Bev to start with) I'd like to meet for different reasons and Kerry is one of those but the one I would really like to have a quite fish or a beer or a yarn with one day is Blaze.
Maybe a charter with Snelly would be the go. Kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak :)
Then there's Charlie and FrankOO. These two I have to have a yarn with one day. And they're closer to home to boot.

Noelm
11-11-2008, 08:33 AM
yep, Kerry would be good for an argument or two I would reckon, always said I would go to Tassie and have a Fish with Snelly, but still reckon he would toss me over the side at the shelf because I rib him about his Tri, probaly lots of people really for a variety of reasons.

Cammy
11-11-2008, 04:04 PM
I should have made the poll bigger to say 30+ instead of 20+ alwell what ya gonna do..... Also the poll was meant for people you have met face to face, not in pm's and such.

Btw i have only met 2 people personally, seen alot on the road though.

Mabye we should have a special beep for driving on the road to let other Ausfishers know that another member is around them or somthing,,,, would cause alot of havoc on the road though lol

Cam

the gecko
11-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Try buying and selling a few rods and reels on ausfish. Ive met about 10 members that way. Another 5 or 6 Ive been fishing with.

We should be doing more localised M and Gs. Make em smaller and more often.

Andrew

rob tranter
11-11-2008, 07:13 PM
Seriously though there's lot of blokes and sheilas (Bev to start with) I'd like to meet for different reasons and Kerry is one of those but the one I would really like to have a quite fish or a beer or a yarn with one day is Blaze.
Maybe a charter with Snelly would be the go.

finga

You would go a long way to meet two better.

While Mick (Snelly) may have given ausfish the flick for his own reasons, he, his lovely wife, and Blaze are genuinly three of the best I have had the pleasure to meet with and they would welcome you with open arms.
They would also be able to show some of the most inhospitable fishing grounds you would come across, and thats world wide.

Rob T8-)

Horse
11-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Yea I would like to meet the southern contingent from the Apple isle. I have met a lot more AFers than I can put a name to. The R2M and Southern Bay M&G should see a healthy group get together. I have wet a line with about 8 or so but have met many more out on the water. I'm yet to meet a bad one (please note I have never met Kerry;D )

Get along to the next meet and greet and put some faces to names and maybe link up with a few new mates to fish with

dfox
11-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Ive lost count but i'd have a guess and say somewhere between 75-100?
A rough count of ausfishers ive "fished" with is 28 ... foxy

Cammy
11-11-2008, 10:25 PM
75 - 100 aye, thats alot, is this in pm's or actually meeting them and havin a yarn? i think you take the cake for this poll Fox.

Well with the M&G comin up soon we should see alot more members meeting members, but no ones gonna meet me cause i wont be goin.....

Cam

Lucky_Phill
12-11-2008, 06:05 AM
;D at finding_time ( Ian )..... ;D

Interesting little poll going here.

I am in a position where I have been a member of Ausfish since it's inception and attend just about every M & G going, boaties markets, rod building, 4 x 4 events and more....

How many in person have I met... lost count, but tried to do it just for this poll... over 200... and counting................

Yes, Brian, they are a little different than most anglers ::), but haven't met a bad one yet. ( OK, maybe one or two dodgey ones...:-/ )

Cheers Phill

Little grey men
12-11-2008, 08:11 AM
stumbled across five so far.

dfox
12-11-2008, 05:12 PM
75 - 100 aye, thats alot, is this in pm's or actually meeting them and havin a yarn? i think you take the cake for this poll Fox.

Well with the M&G comin up soon we should see alot more members meeting members, but no ones gonna meet me cause i wont be goin.....

Cam

Cam, im talking actually met. Attend a few M&G's, Fishing comps, rallies, boat shows and you'd be suprised how many like minded fisho's youll meet that are also members of ausfish. Just in our group alone at the Fraser comp this year there were 9 ausfishers out of 20 and we ran into several dozen other ausfishers in the 1500 plus competitors.
The redland bay comp was the same as are the rallies for our bay. Although i havent attended the last few 1770 m&g's the number of ausfishers are always high. The boat shows are near on impossible to attend without running into many members. Im starting to think i may have been a little conservative on my estiment...

webby
12-11-2008, 08:04 PM
The only ones i would like to meet, but never get a invite are the Ausfish Brekka Girls.
So get off your butt John and get me a invite.
regards

bugman
12-11-2008, 08:17 PM
How Many Ausfishers Have You Met ?

After meeting Phil, Webby and Ian early on ........... enough!!!!!!;D

slyman
12-11-2008, 09:07 PM
The only ones i would like to meet, but never get a invite are the Ausfish Brekka Girls.
So get off your butt John and get me a invite.
regards

Ausfish has Breaka Girls???!!! :o

When can I meet one?

;D

Cammy
12-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Haha Bugman......

Cam

Tangles
12-11-2008, 09:14 PM
You cant, TOL has the monoply...

nuggstar
12-11-2008, 10:21 PM
iv met heaps of you guys. im fishing with one of ya's every weekend, i think im like a ausfish slut.

PinHead
12-11-2008, 10:24 PM
have met a quite a lot..probably over 100 in total...made some great mates from on here...and probably a lot more I will never meet.

PinHead
12-11-2008, 10:25 PM
I think TOL keeps the breaka girls locked up in his shed

bigbrian47
13-11-2008, 05:12 AM
AAAAAH TOLS shed where everything is upright

finga
13-11-2008, 05:54 AM
Or horizontal after a few on DDD http://www.smileyhut.com/eat_drink/drunk.gif

finding_time
13-11-2008, 12:22 PM

Including TOL i'm guessing if the breaka girls are locked in there with him!!;) ;D

theoldlegend
13-11-2008, 03:28 PM
I wish they were in the shed and not just my head.............

TOL

2manylures
13-11-2008, 04:16 PM
You didn't put "NONE" in the poll.

I'll therefore hyperthetically vote none.

I'd like to keep it that way also.

finding_time
13-11-2008, 05:40 PM
You didn't put "NONE" in the poll.

I'll therefore hyperthetically vote none.

I'd like to keep it that way also.

Why!:-/ :-/

Gees i've met some great people on this site and made friends for life, like most things i guess you only get out of it what you put in!;)

Ian

finding_time
13-11-2008, 06:35 PM
How Many Ausfishers Have You Met ?

After meeting Phil, Webby and Ian early on ........... enough!!!!!!;D

I guess when you meet the best 3 first up , it can only go one way! good idea to stop!;)

Ian

webby
13-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Ah the Pitbull has spoken, friends what are they and what use are they ???

2manylures
13-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Why!:-/ :-/

Gees i've met some great people on this site and made friends for life, like most things i guess you only get out of it what you put in!;)

Ian

;D ;D ;D Very few people have one life long friend.:o :o :o

You must be very special:-/ ;) :-/

finga
13-11-2008, 08:18 PM
friends what are they and what use are they ???
You can borrow stuff off them and, if you pick the right ones, they can do stuff for you to boot.
All I have to do is find a new 'friend' who can change gutters and paint the house. Mmmm Phil, mate, do you want to come over for a BBQ?? Just bring your roller and paint tray ::)

That might be why tradies have more mates then, say, a brain surgeon. :-/

Cammy
13-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Yer i realised that 2manylures, i put it on my first post that i forgot.

Why wouldnt ya wanna meet some Ausfishers, i recon most of the guys and girls on here are tops and wouldnt mind meeting them t all.

Cam

themissus
14-11-2008, 12:25 PM
I agree Camo, we have meet some fantastic people on here!! Great way to meet some like minded people!!
Cheers Kim

Nic
16-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Too true Kim (and Cam)! I think Foxy was the first person I met through Ausfish and he's one of the best blokes I know. Can catch fish in a bathtub, too.

For anyone feeling wary about meeting an Ausfisher, I suggest doing a background check on his/her posts first. Sometimes it can take just one post for you to realise, "Whoah -- don't think I want to meet Bogan_Bob69 after all. I never knew he drove around with fish frames hanging out his car windows... or that he was married to a small beachworm named Nippy..."

But most people on here are pretty cool, from what I can tell. :)

loophole
18-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Yer i realised that 2manylures, i put it on my first post that i forgot.

Why wouldnt ya wanna meet some Ausfishers, i recon most of the guys and girls on here are tops and wouldnt mind meeting them t all.

Cam

ahh bl;ooody tops mateeeeeeee

jim_bream
22-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Just one jighead making M&G introduced me to a great bunch of fellas from here, I think there were about 8-9 of us maybe more... the crab dip was so good I kinda forgot about the company :-) and the lead fumes...
A great afternoon and a great (group) fish the morning after.

Donny Boy
23-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Used to be 1 , now 2...............

Black_Rat
23-11-2008, 10:04 PM
I've probably met 50+ Ausfisher through Ausfish

The thing I have found is that 99.9% of the people I have met are great blokes and gals ;)

It is a great meeting point for people with common interests and I encourage anyone thinking about heading down to a M&G to do it ! ;D

oldboot
24-11-2008, 10:21 PM
As of last wednesday night about 30 something;D

cheers

PinHead
28-11-2008, 01:46 PM
As of last wednesday night about 30 something;D

cheers

but can you name them..as in user names and Christian name.

I did not even recognise Rhys at first..without the pony tail..LOL..sorry bout that.

oldboot
28-11-2008, 06:29 PM
If I could do that my name would be "Nigel the amazing memory man" AKA kerry Doman.

I have seen this guy go into a room, speak to 300 people a couple of times while doing a few magic tricks....... then later in the night walk arround the room and name evrysingle one correctly.....including the ones who gave hinm a different name each time.;D

cheers

Bear001
30-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Have personally met 3. Considering where I live, not too bad. Some in Brisbane too.

There was one fulla who came up to me at Wellington Pt Boat Ramp back in Sept and said "Hi, are you Bear from Ausfish - you've been planning this trip for months" and stupid me was soooooo pissed off at the 40klm wind we were standing there looking out at the bay in dismay with my 4m tinny - I rudely forgot to ask his name/alias - so if you know who you are, please PM me.

reidy
23-12-2008, 03:16 PM
zip as yet but i know where some are if i travel west from here.
Be back on the big island one day.Hope to catch up with a few then.
Cheers
Reidy

PNG1M
28-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Zip as yet for me too...because of working o/s I spose.

I'm back to Oz every year for holidays & some day be back permanently so I'm sure to meet some ausfishers at some point.

It'd be good to wetta line & maybe sink a frothy chop or three!

png

Tassie JR
01-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Ive met a few now i spose, from a couple of M@G, ausfishers always popping into work and ive fished with a few also, all up ive probally met around 30 or so.

Cheers tassie JR

blueboy
04-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Only met two so far, but hope to meet many more. Might put an Ausfish sticker on the boat.8-) Cheers, Greg

GBC
04-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Spotted a silver v6 prado with af stickers on it waiting for the tewantin ferry on Friday morning. The driver was also wearing an af shirt.

Didn't get a chance to say G'day, so G'day.

C.J.

I was in the white colorado towing the trak shak about three cars behind you.

madkeen_fisherkid
07-01-2009, 11:30 PM
i reckon i have met shitloads just didnt know they were ausfishers haha :P

chevyJ
14-01-2009, 06:29 PM
well Just got the Ausfish stickers in the mail and pick up my first and new Boat either tomorrow or Friday. Can't wait

Colo77
21-01-2009, 11:17 PM
O. Anyone keen for a meet & greet around Mackay area. i just posted in the Meet & Greets about a trip to Teemburra.

Cheers,