PDA

View Full Version : sharking this weekend brisbane anyone?

iceknight
09-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Im thinking of doing a trip this friday night, if anyones keen. will be around brisbane area, but certianly not sandgate, too many bogans for my liking, willl be taking my 16/0 senator and also my 10/0, some company would be good,

lusco
10-11-2008, 10:23 PM
gday mate have never caught anything of that scale.pretty impressive mate.where in bris u gettin those beasts.if you ever have a spare spot to tag along mate i would be reel keen.i have no worries payin my own way for bait and fuel.

iceknight
10-11-2008, 10:30 PM
Iv usally got a spot. Most of my sharking is done on the northside, as i live in rothwell, so not far from yourself, Iv got a spot this weekend if your keen. it would be an overnighter tho, What kind of gear are you running?

Nico.d.R
14-11-2008, 07:25 PM
hey mate im busy all weekend but i should be right next week end . Do you chase them land based ? i got a 4m tinny i shark fish out of , its ok for up to 5footers but over that might get tricky . i have been looking for spots where i can run the bait out in the boat and pull up on a beach to land and tag the shark . like near scarbrough maybe . i use a sealine 450 with 50lb low stretch line on a 24kg jigging rod and normally use 2 12/0's . let me know if your intrested , there should be some tigers around now .

cheers nico

iceknight
14-11-2008, 08:02 PM
I catch 99.9% of mine land based, biggest so far is 12 fooot to the forke, bully. 10 foot dusky forke lenght, and 9 odd foot hammers, around the penisular usally yeilds smaller stuff. too much stuff around the 6-8 foot mark, stuff that ( just annoys me) the last few months iv been experimenting with getting large sharks from the boat, hasent been too bad, got some 8-9 footers aboard my 4.58 i got a pully system rigged up, but 99% of my sharks are tagged, im using 130-150lb setups and 16/0 hooks ect, most of the places i fish require a fair amount of line to get a bait out, but in saying that you could always drop short, as sharks do come into the shallows quiet frequently, I dont spose you bought that 450h second hand? as for the tigers there pretty far and few between, iv fished the penisular and islands for 10 years now for sharks and im yet to still run into one, having said that iv taken 2 mates to moreton, and both got small tigers on there first trips! but its a matter of being in the right place at the right time i guess, anything is possible,

let me know next weekend if your keen, and we can organize something,

Nico.d.R
14-11-2008, 08:14 PM
yeah mate i got the reel on here , bargin for 30 bucks and it cleaned up really well . do you use the pully set up for the sharks you tag ? im defenantly keen on going out for a fish next weekend , ill let you know when i can get out , do you preffer night or mornings ? ill throw in for fuel if you want to take your boat out or we can go land based .

cheers nico

iceknight
15-11-2008, 12:18 AM
the pully system is used only for pulling sharks/large fish aboard, if going to be kept. but 99.9% of sharks i catch are released and tagged, as for mornings or night. it depends on the area, will see what wind is doing during the week and choose a spot. and then it will be known if its a day or night trip. usally plan it around the tides and moon, with the moon the way it is atm, its not as good for sharking... but in the last 5 island trips iv managed about 6 sharks from memory. all around 7-10 foot probabally,