PDA

View Full Version : Fingal camping trip.

SQUIDDA
09-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Planning a camping trip to Fingal Head (Tweed).Just wondering if any one could give any info on camping areas?Is the caravan park the only place you can camp?If so has anyone stayed there?And most important whats the fishing like?Will be mainly doing a bit of rockhopping.Any info would be great.;D

Aunty Jack
07-12-2008, 08:00 PM
there only two in the fingal area one at chinhera [not so good]
and one at fingal its self its right on the beach one side tweed river the other.
15 min to tweed or kingsclif not a bad spot bugger all to do but fish swim and drink.one road in one road out.

wind rider
09-12-2008, 09:35 PM
you can fish off the sth wall of the tweed bar just up the road from fingal cvan park. or the rocks at fingal headland.
boat ramp is only just down the road from the park.
lots of cvan parks in tweed just 15 min from fingal.

mark

Luxyboy
10-12-2008, 06:54 AM
Never been able to catch anything when I have camped there. Did have a large noah get chased right under us by some dolphins while having a surf though.

goat boy
10-12-2008, 08:44 PM
I was down around that area recently with work. Was blowing a gale so I didn't even bother having a crack. Went for a bit of a sticky beak on Fingal beach as I'm gonna be living down there for 2 years as of January, was some nice looking gutters and formations there. Heap of birds getting into some bait really close in around the exposed coffee rock area, was almost enough for me to get my rod, but the wind literally slapped some sense into me and I went to the pub instead.
I'm pretty sure that park next to the beach is the only one unless you want to go and camp by the tweed river instead? might be an option depending on what the weather will be like when you go

Starky stalker
17-12-2008, 02:53 PM
The beach fishes well. I've caught plenty of good bream off the south wall of the tweed river mouth on plastics, even caught a thumper luderick on a pumpkin seed squidgy fish last time i fished there:o that was a first!!! Neap tides are better for this though otherwise there is too much run to use the smaller plastics. You could also try spinning slugs off fingal head...never tried it myself but i've seen surface action there while surfing and the rocks are easily accessable.

Good Luck!!

Shanon.