PDA

View Full Version : Broadhurst reef Townsville

Fisher4life
09-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Hi all

Next good weekend of weather graham and i are planning an overnight trip out to Broadhurst reef. This is new country for the both of us and i was hoping that a fellow Ausfisher who has fished that are would be able to help us out on what area's held a few good fish for them.

If anyone else is interested interested in following us out or something, keep in touch. Hopefully we'll get a good bit of weather before the next reef fin fish closure.

Cheers
Josh

Scott nthQld
10-11-2008, 10:44 AM
never fished the area before Josh so I can't help out with any good grounds, but if Graham has room and is looking for another person to spilt costs with, I'm more than happy to oblige.

ozbee
10-11-2008, 11:24 AM
next weekend is looking fine i will probably be at broard hurst or banfield or shrimp . if you like you can drive down to Brandon and meet me and go out together it will save you a lot of fuel . scott if you want to crew in your most welcome . i will be at angus smith about 4 to 430 hopefully to pick up the tub if you want to meet

thump-a
10-11-2008, 12:45 PM
G/day Ozbee sounds like a plan
Ive got a bloke lined up with heaps of gps marks for around that area he no longer has a boat but still doesn"t want to part with marks
would rather leave from townsville and check out more area along the way
If i"m on the water i"m on chanel 22 and would be happy to meet up with you
Give me a call later this week on 0404 032 895
thanks Graham

Scott nthQld
10-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the offer ozbee, I might just take you up on it. I knock off work around 4pm, so I might shoot into AS this arvo.

Pedrokkas
10-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Hi all,

Yeah the weather is looking sweet, so if anyone has a spot vacant I am more than happy to board on, also share costs and any other duties related. Drop me a pm or a phone call 0423 726 739.

Cheers,

Pedro

Scott nthQld
10-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Ozbee, didn't finish work today until 5, so I didn't bother heading into AS, might catch you another time, but if that spots still available, let me know and I'll put in towards costs.

Fisher4life
10-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Hey ozbee, you been out that way recently and catching much?

ozbee
10-11-2008, 08:39 PM
scott wasnt there long the boat wont be finished till Wednesday . weather looking good already had a few calls so if you want to come your most welcome will probably fish banfield which is a little further t east than broardhurst as the tides are quite large during the day as broardhurst has a tendency to run like hell on big tides. do you have anybody else you want to bring i see pedrokkas is keen if so give us a yell. will tie everything up as soon as i am sure the boat is ready on wednesday. but in short will leave my place ( brandon at about 6) back in late lunch if we havent already bagged out. my ph 47825660

ozbee
10-11-2008, 08:41 PM
late lunch sunday

ozbee
10-11-2008, 09:38 PM
about 10 days ago was due for a bit of a miss only 22 trout though we got there late because of tides and left straight away early next morning so didnt get a big shot at them. one emperor over 10 kg few red emperor heads rrrrrrrrrrr some jobfishcand about 10 or so sweetlip . missed out on nannys so not the best trip ive had

Pedrokkas
11-11-2008, 11:14 AM
scott wasnt there long the boat wont be finished till Wednesday . weather looking good already had a few calls so if you want to come your most welcome will probably fish banfield which is a little further t east than broardhurst as the tides are quite large during the day as broardhurst has a tendency to run like hell on big tides. do you have anybody else you want to bring i see pedrokkas is keen if so give us a yell. will tie everything up as soon as i am sure the boat is ready on wednesday. but in short will leave my place ( brandon at about 6) back in late lunch if we havent already bagged out. my ph 47825660

Hi Ozbee,

Im keen to go, got the weekend free. Your plan sounds good to me, Ill wait till the end of the week and give you a buzz to see how things will work out.

Cheers mate,

Pedro

Scott nthQld
11-11-2008, 01:46 PM
Ozbee, was that depart saturday, return Sunday for an overnighter or just 1/2 day Sunday? I'll give you a call as the w/e draws nearer, but it will just be me.

ozbee
11-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Saturday morning returning Sunday lunch. that should give us the opportunity to bag out on trout with some reds during the night to top it off.unless they blow my boat up welding the rocket launcher i definitely will be going. don't worry about tea coffee there's a kettle on board . just your booze and food and fishing gear otherwise i have spare rods anyhow.scott ill try to work out to meet your friend at broardhurst but we will probably start at prawn/shrimp and work up then cut back in to broardhurst. i have plenty of sinkers really all you need is a box of 6 o and a box of 9 o like vmc or tru turn or whatever just strong. there's a esky for food on board as well as one for drinks(live bait tank) and a 315 litre for fish. ill supply the milk and cereal for breakfast. there's plates on board. sometimes we just fry up a trout or two for tea . ill pick up a carton of squid (6 blocks) friday you might want a few pillies it up to yous guys

all i can say is enjoy it should be a very smooth trip for a change just remember all fish to be clipped before going in esky its so easy to miss one once there in there. if we all donate one of those green notes it should just pay for the fuel and a ten each for the squid and im happy. is there a footy game on saturday night. hope to enjoy your company scott and pedrokkas.

Scott nthQld
11-11-2008, 04:56 PM
no worries mate, put me down, I'll be there with bells on. I'll try and get some trout lollies for the trip as well (pinkies) always done good with those.

Fisher4life
11-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Hey ozbee how big is your boat, and how many people do you normally have on board with you?

ozbee
11-11-2008, 07:13 PM
680 patriot usually five sometimes 6 you going northern end or in between little and big

Pedrokkas
12-11-2008, 10:33 AM
Im definetly on for this one, Ill get the pilchards. Just to know what size/kind of sinkers and hooks should I look for? Ive got my reels loaded with 30lbs mono line and 60lbs fluoro trace, is this enough? is there anything more that I should bring, not very experienced on deep water and reef fishing.

Cheers,

Pedro

ozbee
12-11-2008, 05:53 PM
pick yourself some 6 o ang 9 o hooks just strong and sharp like tru turn or vmc that's all you need i have the rest. bring your rod no worries ive got spare rods with 60 and 90lbs. at night i move from 60 ,100 lb nylon to 150 ,200lb theres a lot of job fish around which have a tendency 1in 3 of cutting your leader, still prefer going mono to many sharks these days

Fishin_Dan
13-11-2008, 12:10 AM
Ozbee, with offers like that around the area, there's a few Townsville locals you might have driving to visit you regularly!!! Good luck with your trip boys. Hope you score well.

ozbee
13-11-2008, 08:48 AM
thanks fishing dan its not a charter just a way to meet a few fellow ausfishers and in return hopefully spend a fish up there some time.

Pedrokkas
13-11-2008, 11:06 AM
pick yourself some 6 o ang 9 o hooks just strong and sharp like tru turn or vmc that's all you need i have the rest. bring your rod no worries ive got spare rods with 60 and 90lbs. at night i move from 60 ,100 lb nylon to 150 ,200lb theres a lot of job fish around which have a tendency 1in 3 of cutting your leader, still prefer going mono to many sharks these days

All good mate thanks, see u on saturday.

Pedro

ozbee
13-11-2008, 07:50 PM
see you both Saturday all good weathers fine

Scott nthQld
13-11-2008, 07:56 PM
looking forward to it, can't wait, been a while since I hit the reefs.

ozbee
14-11-2008, 09:06 PM
alls go mate