PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine Coast GFC meeting This week- guest speaker Mitch Zischke

jeffo
09-11-2008, 12:05 PM
With alot of talk around Ausfish lately about people interested in catching their first billfish this comming summer i thought it might be a good idea to advise Ausfishers of the dates of of the Sunshine Coast Game Fishing Club meetings.

The Novemeber meeting will be held this comming Tuesday (11th) at the Kawana Waters Hotel in the front bar, kicking off at around 7.30pm.

This meeting we have special guest speaker Mitch Zischke (MJ-Apache on Ausfish), who some of you may recognise from the "wahoo science" thread on ausfish a few weeks back. Mitch will be giving us a talk on what he knows about wahoo and what he hopes to achieve with his PHD.

We will run through all the usual club stuff and are aways more than happy to answer any questions.

hope to see some of you there.

Cheers.

Jeff Oates

SCGFC.

TimiBoy
09-11-2008, 02:15 PM
I intend coming along. If anyone wants a lift (I'm coming from Alexandra Hills) give me a yell.

Cheers,

Tim

sleepygreg
09-11-2008, 11:56 PM
Cheers for that Jeff. I now know that my invite to Mitch to give a talk at the Moreton Bay Boat Club Game/Sportfishing club next tuesday night will get a negative response. Well done for getting him first. I will try for our following meeting.

Please let your members know that the Redcliffe 8kg Billfish Tournament is on the Australia Day weekend in January and as this is our 25th Anniversary Tournament it will be bigger and better than ever, with some outstanding prizes on offer, especially in the last man standing section.

Cheers
Greg

jeffo
10-11-2008, 06:04 AM
Sorry about that Greg. First in best dressed i spose;D - Mitch must be a busy lad at the moment.

I will make a note to mention to members abotu your tournament and hopefully we can get a few boats down there. With a bit of luck the fish turn up this year and generate more activity with in the game fishing community- last year was hard work!

We canned the Sailish shootout this year as the usual October run of sailfish has been non existant in the past few seasons so we are putting all our efforts into the "classic" in Feb. (5th to the 8th feb).

TimiBoy
11-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Dammit! By the time I got clear of the damned phone it was too damn late, wouldn't have arrived there until 8 pm.

Hope it went well...

Cheers,

Tim