PDA

View Full Version : Boat style and brand help

topendfisho
08-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Gday All,

A newbie to the site, so be kind. Am after some advice.

All my fishing has been targeting barra and the like in rivers with only minimal offshore work when the weather has been good. So all I have ever known is plate and pressed alloy boats, open decks for casting etc.

With and new job in a "bluewater location" I am in the market for a glass boat. Easy I thought, until I looked them up online and was blown away by how many brands, styles, PRICE. I have looked at a heap of posts on the site as well as buying a couple of magarzines and am probably further away from a brand / model that when I started.

I would like a boat with a walkaround deck but with a cabin and clears that I can have wifey and the young ones (7 and 3) get in / behind and out of the weather. Similar in style only to this boat (out of my price range).

http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=6275685

After something around the 6.5 to 7m sizewise. Just some brands and models and I can search up other threads on them.

Thanks in advance

topendfisho ;D

TunaKing2008
08-11-2008, 11:57 PM
just so we know what is your price range so we can give you a hand and put you in the right direction

Jabba_
09-11-2008, 06:21 AM
$78k for that style and age off boat is cheep..... Unless you buy a boat that is 10 years or older you wont pick up anything that size under the $70k price range....

There are some great family/fishing rigs around the 5.5 6.5m but there half cabs, not walkarounds......

Search Seafarer , Hains Hunter , Hains Signature , Whitley.....
These manufactures all make very good bluewater boat that are family and fishing oriented

jtpython
09-11-2008, 06:37 AM
Mate for the price and size i don't think you could go past the freedom stlye of boats has everything you need and for a brandnew price. I have a cruisecraft 5.5 but this is well set up
FREEDOM SEAsport
or there are a couple other types in this brand the offshore
Take a look
http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=5392154

Mate here has one
http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=5392126
JT

ozbee
09-11-2008, 02:31 PM
if you have wife and kids while the walk around idea seems great ( i have one it is not as good as you think) put a anchor winch on and then go cabin it gives all the comforts and room while its much the same as a walk around. walk around is good for anchor retrieval and thats about it. no one wants to fish up there cause of glare and unless you have legs like a giraffe doesn't make mooring any easier.

topendfisho
17-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Thanks guys for the info.

Been looking at a heap of boats. Going into to look at one this weekend. It is a 94 noosa cat 2300 with near new motors (100hrs). No what I wanted at the start of the post but this is at a good price and if it is in good nick would suit the family.

Next question anyone had experience with this year nossa cat. I am going to get a expert to check the hull over for me but any info from other would be great.

Cheers

Topendfisho