PDA

View Full Version : 25ft Jenks Craft

TunaKing2008
07-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Hi Guys Just Bought A 25ft Jenks Craft With Twin 140 Vro Johnsons On The Back. Just Wondering If Anyone Has Owned One Before Or Knows Anything About Them Because I Dont Know A Whole Lot About Them. Any Info Would Be Helpful

TunaKing2008
07-11-2008, 09:55 PM
surely someone must own one, had one or knows something about these boats cant find much info on the web

finding_time
07-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Try this thread

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=108007&highlight=jenks+craft

SnapHead101
07-11-2008, 10:00 PM
There have been quite a few threads re jenks craft recently, do a search and you should find quite a bit of info. From my reading it seems like a fast comfortable offshore boat!

finding_time
07-11-2008, 10:04 PM
This one also has some info

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=107895&highlight=jenks+craft

finding_time
07-11-2008, 10:06 PM
There have been quite a few threads re jenks craft recently, do a search and you should find quite a bit of info.

That's all i did!;) Infact i dont think we need anymore threads( sorry steve) if every one just did a search i'm sure the answer would be there somewhere!!;D This definately applies to transducer placement and engine height!!!! there are only about 4000 of these!:-/

Ian

TunaKing2008
07-11-2008, 10:07 PM
thanks guys didnt know that you could search threads thanks for the heads up

tin can marlin
07-11-2008, 10:13 PM
Hi i have been out in one and i must say they are a good thing but i can't help you with any history good luck with it all.

TunaKing2008
08-11-2008, 05:12 PM
doesnt seem like many people know much about these boats

wilcara
08-11-2008, 07:44 PM
I had a look for some info recently coz a guy near me bought one.... didn't find much. I certainly think I could have done a lot better for the dollars. No reflection on the brand, just this particular one. I haven't been out on it yet, if he ever gets it in the water I will be out there.

chop duster
08-11-2008, 07:55 PM
TunaKing,
Funny this thread should pop up. I was driving out to a swimming hole today and came accross my first 'Mustang' built boat using the same hull (or very similar to ours). See pictures. Looks as thogh it was called a '8000' being 8 meters long.
Looked like a nice boat, and I was very suprised to come accross it out of the blu.

The red and yellow center console in the previous thread is our (myself and two brothers) boat. As you ca see, it aint all that easy to find too much detailed information on its history.
There are a couple of boats around Cairns that were built using the same mold as mine (the addition of a planing plank to the keel), being - Wizard II, supermodel, and Oceansport, these were a sport deck model though, not center console (and believe it or not, a different top deck than yours).

If you have any specific questions, let em rip, and I or others on this board will have a crack at answering them.

P.S- the the little pic below my name is an early mustang/jenkcraft that I found on there website

TunaKing2008
08-11-2008, 08:03 PM
thanks chop duster i was wondering how would i go firstly getting a hard top made for her also aluminium or fibreglass? also looking for a second hand trailer for her and finally not sure how to post pictures of her so you guys can see

chop duster
08-11-2008, 08:26 PM
mate i use irfanview (just type it into google for free download) to make the pics max 600pixels high x 600 pixels wide, be sure to maintain aspect ration though otherwise the pics will distort.

As for the hardtop, a custom one is going to be your only option as jenkscraft went out of business ages ago (as far as i can see). We made ours hardtop out of klegicell foam and glass to make it really light.

As for the trailer, well, is it a stern drive or an oputboard model?

TunaKing2008
08-11-2008, 10:06 PM
the boat has twin 140 jono outboards

Alex9797
11-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Gday TunaKing,

I have a f/glass hardtop, stainless targa and a set of clears that I purchased for my bay cruiser. Turns out that it is too narrow for my flybridge and I was considering selling the lot. I can send you dimensions and photos in you are interested. The targa is very solid and like new (was built for a 36 foot boat ) and the glass top needs a polish. The clears are in very good condition .

cheers

Alex

Richard Reid
04-01-2009, 10:54 AM
hey tunaking. is your boat called reel addiction??????