PDA

View Full Version : Half day trip out from Cairns spot available.

FNQCairns
07-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Have a spot available for a half day inshore trip off Cairns tomorrow, gentleman's hours, approx 7.30am - 2pm ramp to ramp, easygoing trip, need reef gear or handline even + a stock of large sinkers.

PM if interested and I will fill you in further.

cheers fnq

FNQCairns
07-11-2008, 03:39 PM
spot filled, thanks.

cheers fnq

ronnien
07-11-2008, 05:21 PM
scott
who ever you got to go will enjoy the trip heaps... i know i did!
i still look at the pics from time to time.

ron.

FNQCairns
07-11-2008, 05:41 PM
scott
who ever you got to go will enjoy the trip heaps... i know i did!
i still look at the pics from time to time.

ron.

Will let you know how it all goes Ron. Would be nice to see some red aboard again or some silver with black bars wouldn't go astray..who knows every trip there is a new one

My wife works with a bloke who caught a six foot Spanish at the spot 2 weeks ago on a livey, gotta organise better to get me some of them..

cheers fnq

pubgolf
07-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Hey FNQ
Where you headed?
the weather is looking peachy!
We are off pretty early tommorow
Hopefully there will be a few around.
They were quiet on Wednesday when there wasnt much run in the tide
Get into em
:thumbsup:
Rod

FNQCairns
07-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Hi Rod, heading out around near Arlington, best of luck to you too, got out wednesday but due to anchoring dramas didn't boat anything worth pulling up. yeah better day for it tommorrow and a new anchor!

cheers fnq

ronnien
07-11-2008, 06:12 PM
fnq
you will get 1... no make that 3 macks!
good luck with the fishing.

ron.

scuttlebutt
07-11-2008, 06:28 PM
You should do alright. We bagged out on trout today without trying too hard. They're real hungry at the moment. Gunna be a busy time at the ramp though!

FNQCairns
07-11-2008, 06:46 PM
Half your luckscuttlebutt! yeah heading to the big ramp tomorrow it's going to be busy that's for sure.

What general area did you fish?

cheers fnq

disorderly
07-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Hope you get a few,Scott..
and keep a floater or 2 out at all times...either pilly or livebait..cause you just never know when there are spanish or cobia hanging around.

Good luck and BTW how did you solve the anchor problem..just went bigger..??

I'll be cursing you as I sweat my ass off working under the tropical sun tomorrow...Seriously,though..have fun,mate....:)

Scott

scuttlebutt
07-11-2008, 07:04 PM
We went out from Deeral today. Fished Oyster a couple days ago though and got half a doz. Anywhere should be good considering most reefs have had a decent break over the last few months.

FNQCairns
07-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Scott got the floater rod all rigged and ready to go:) going to be bloody hot! Happy to be me!:):)
Yeah slightly heavier/bigger, same style but also bit different in flute design, I have known my old anchor anchor was crap, picked the wrong brother of the shelf but was waiting to loose it, never happened:(

Scuttlebutt, I should try Deeral to access the reef sometime, what's the distance like to ok fishing? Oyster is a good spot but unfriendly choice for colour so they get their way and I mostly stay away.

cheers fnq

GAD
07-11-2008, 08:02 PM
High there FNQ I am heading out about 1 am and coming home middayish probably Thetford but haven't decided for sure yet , I know Pellow wen't off on tuesday , and a bloke I know got on at thetford last night , so hope you get on to them .

Greg

FNQCairns
07-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Good luck to you too Greg, I noticed the wind has increased out there but is grading off again...phew! Shouldn't you be asleep already:)

cheers fnq

Benno1
07-11-2008, 09:51 PM
hope everyone catches a PB!!!...looking forward to the report and piccies FNQ :D

Mrs Benno1

GAD
09-11-2008, 12:21 AM
We did well , and split up 5 trout and six small mouth , 2 large mouth , a good 75 cm spangle { red throut] caught 2 cobia , and ,caught a heap of just under trout and nanies just bang bang bang thank you mam , I hope that you all had luck.

Wahoo
09-11-2008, 12:01 PM
hi Scott, how did you go?
beaut day out there yesterday we left the ramp before sun up, got back home at 10.30 am bagged out in 2hrs, here is a pic for a tease LOL ........found a great spot that held nice silvers, ( 5-8kg) really wish i had time to get a pic of the sounder, driffted over this spot 7-8 times....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/4xgold0/silver.jpg

FNQCairns
09-11-2008, 09:37 PM
Gee you blokes did OK!!, Daz thanks for the tease:( it's a very big tease!! BTW that's not vanilla coke ...what flavour is it;D:P, my day was slow with only a 1.2m Cobe coming aboard, one submarine that put a big bend the 37kg T curve before parting the line and some trash fish.

cheers fnq

GAD
10-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Sorry to hear the fish didn't hit your spot Scot, mixed reports about the fishing on the weekend .
gee Daz , you did clean up , nice fish mate .

Greg