PDA

View Full Version : Preserving Teeth

upstart
07-11-2008, 12:27 AM
Hi Everybody,
I had 6 wisdom teeth out today and I got to bring them home. Lucky me. Right now I'm bombed up on the painkillers so it's not too bad. And typically this weekend has 5-10 knots of wind that I can't take advantage of.
Anyway, anybody got any advice on how to preserve these teeth? Does anyone do fish jaws? would the same techniques work?
Thanks for your symapthy.
Ben.

danryan75
07-11-2008, 06:52 AM
put em under your pillow they're worth about 12 bucks. buy a sixpack and keep the cans :P

breamnut
07-11-2008, 07:01 AM
i use colgate professinal works pritty good for me

ozbee
07-11-2008, 08:18 AM
obviously didn't make you any wiser

choppa
07-11-2008, 08:36 AM
i use colgate professinal works pritty good for me

lmao,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

seriously tho,,,, if you want to give them to a good cause,,,, old ernie down the road from me might be intro'd,,,,,, he lost his falsies about 4 years back and can't afford replacements

or you could try converting them into these,,,,,,,,,,,,, handy knuckleduster,,,, or lucky charm,,,,, would make a nice pressie in time for chrissie perhaps

ffejsmada
07-11-2008, 12:19 PM
You're obviously a pretty cluey fella Upstart::) ::) ..............not!

lmfao

Dirtysanchez
07-11-2008, 01:31 PM
6 Wisdom teeth ? I thought we all only had 4.. anyway.. best bet would be to cast them in some clear resin, then give them out as paper weights to the relatives at Christmas time.

Or keep them in Metho, in the drawer, one day you might have a molar decay on you and you can tell the dentist to upgrade you.

Hope you feel better soon.. and the fishing will be spot on this weekend ;D

BaitThrower
07-11-2008, 01:53 PM
yeah how did you get 6 wisdom teeth?

finga
07-11-2008, 02:12 PM
I reckon I could find 6 in me.
4 upstairs and another 2 elsewhere.
I'll try to explain....
Now.... my 'posteria' is HUGE and the cook reckon's I'm fairly smart (maybe read those 2 descriptions the other way around and you'll also realise the cook's a sheep short of the top paddock) so in theory I have a smart posteria, or words to that effect.
Now because my posteria sometimes, unwillingly, eats my King-gees it (my posteria that is) must be hungry.
Now we all know to eat something you usually need teeth so in theory I might be able to pull 2 wisdom teeth out of my posteria.
If it wasn't so large I'd only be able to pull 1 out of it. :(

choppa
07-11-2008, 02:16 PM
maybe he found old ernies top plate,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

could happen

choppa

upstart
07-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the tips fellas. Apparently i'm one of those rare breeds who would have done well back in caveman times with these extra teeth ready to come down in the event of losing some. So, I had two on each side on the top and one each side on the bottom.
At the moment they are in the jar in the fridge. I reckon i'll just give em a good wash in the sink and then leave em in the sun for a few days. Hopefully they don't go too stinky.

oldboot
07-11-2008, 06:15 PM
I cant give you a difinitve answer... but I do know that human teeth jsut sitting arround in the open air will degenerate over time and eventulay crumble away.

the best person to consult is problay a taxidermist.

I imagine you will need to impregnate them or laquer them to seal em up.

cheers

breamnut
07-11-2008, 06:47 PM
ease up guys it was a joke

Creek Vermin
07-11-2008, 07:13 PM
Ask didley. He's the tooth man.

ffejsmada
07-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Upstart, I retract my previous comments!

6 wisdom teeth................a real meat eater;D

Cheers.

Cammy
07-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Dont leave your teeth too long in the sun with fresh air, they can sometimes crack...

Cam

finga
08-11-2008, 07:55 AM
Dont leave your teeth too long in the sun with fresh air, they can sometimes crack...

Cam
Gees somebody tell 'The Old Legend'. His teeth are in mortal danger.
His gums are always flapping so they must see plenty of the vitamin D and air.

Well at least they flab a fair bit when-ever I see him anyways ::)

sandbankmagnet
09-11-2008, 05:06 PM
A tip on preserving teeth is to avoid telling a samoan rugby league front rower he's a pansy

littlejim
10-11-2008, 05:56 PM
When I was a dentist and wanted to keep them I just put them in alcohol. metho will be fine. If you want to de-bug them put them in diluted bleach for a few minutes. Six is pretty good going, but some people get given a few supernumeraries.

ronnien
10-11-2008, 08:23 PM
ben
best bet would be clean & dip in some clear varnish.

ron.

Dug
11-11-2008, 11:11 PM
We preserved pig tusks by soaking them in hot liquid paraffin wax and then letting them cool in the mix so they soak it up.

I have a set of tusks I shot about 35 years ago and they are still looking OK !

Donny Boy
13-11-2008, 06:38 AM
6 wisdom teeth ??????????????? 6 ????

And had 'em all out on the same day ??????

O you poor bastard !!!

Geez, if I lost that many wisdom teeth, I'd be a complete idiot.

.....................O yeah.....................I forgot ................

2manylures
13-11-2008, 08:28 PM
Wisdom teeth?, best bet would be to cast them in some clear resin

I'd be interested to know what setup you'd use.;)

theoldlegend
14-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Gees somebody tell 'The Old Legend'. His teeth are in mortal danger.
His gums are always flapping so they must see plenty of the vitamin D and air.

Well at least they flab a fair bit when-ever I see him anyways ::)

Strewth Finga, that's a bit brutal, isn't it? And then, to add insult to injury, Choppa gives you a "Thank You" for your unkind comments!!

Bloody hell, I'm wounded!! Mortally wounded.

TOL

Dirtysanchez
17-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Well What I used to do was make gear stick knobs out of resins and put interesting things in them like spiders, scorpions and animal teeth, so why not human teeth?

Use a small rat tail file to remove the base of a light globe, it makes the perfect mold. Put a little clear resin in, then as it sets, your object.. pour some more clear on it and let that set, and have 3 stubbies (excellent timer)

Next, mix some colour, we used to use line marking chalk, and more resin. Pour this into the globe, and then leave it on the bench to set, and have another stubby.

Next day, depending on beers consumed the previous day, tap the glass over a bin and remove all traces of the globe.. Use a drill press and drill down the centre of the job, about half way, then run a tap down this.. Leave it on the drill press and run various wet and dry's over it until it's nice and smooth. Then some car polish

All my mates and I drove the crappiest cars, but we all had excellent gear stick knobs, custom made with red backs and other beasties in there.

Donny Boy
19-11-2008, 08:45 AM
All my mates and I drove the crappiest cars, but we all had excellent gear stick knobs, custom made with red backs and other beasties in there.

So that's the ones where a new chum gets in & shits their pants when they go to put their hand on the gear shift for the first time.....................?????

then spend the rest of the trip looking................just to be sure..????

Damn, ..............I think I know you.

Dirtysanchez
19-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Yes Don..any wonder I couldn't keep a girlfriend while I had the Red back panel van ? Sigh.. they were good days them ;D