PDA

View Full Version : Peter Faust

levinge
06-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Got a bunch of us heading down to Peter Faust in a couple of weeks.

How is the water level??

How has the fishing been??

Brett

BobbyJ123
06-11-2008, 01:12 PM
G'day mate, it's at 58%. Click on Water Storage Information
http://www.sunwater.com.au/#
Have not heard any fish being caught....

wilco
06-11-2008, 02:39 PM
mate, i'm at peter faust at the moment. it's been tough last week water temp. was 23 degrees so the only way to catch them is on the troll on dusk at the wall, we've been using 150 RMG scorpions 8m purple in colour a few other people are using poltergist 5m, last night there was a few meter fish caught, this week water temp has come up and we got a couple of fish in the sticks, casting lures. the winds are now blowing from the north so when you get down here the water temp. should come up.

goddy100
07-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Levinge,
when are you heading down? I was thinking of going in a couple of weeks as well.

Goddy

levinge
07-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Myself and about 49 others from our two clubs will be down at Faust over 22/23 Nov. Fighting over the bragging rights between Air Force and Army. Should be alot of fun....

Hey Wilco, How long you down there for. If possible can you do a couple of quick reports over a few days (if your not too busy). Would like to get a bit of a picture together as to the best locations to target and when to target them. Fished Faust a few times, but the bloody place changes year to year, lures work one year and not the next, so a little knowledge is priceless

Thanks

Brett

BobbyJ123
08-11-2008, 04:24 AM
Heard that trolling the wall at night is bringing few big girlies to the net.
As the moon phase gets better, so should the fishing.

goddy100
08-11-2008, 06:38 PM
might go the weekend after you lot go and let you have it to yourself!!

Goddy

SnowE
08-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Hhhmmmm, listening, listening.

Oh come on Levinge, you can't get all the tips. we will let you know how it is fishing, after our pre-fish on the Friday.;D

Cheers,
SnowE

levinge
08-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Hey Snow, depends on how early you get there, I might already be on the dam doing my recce and pre-fish also.

Taking the big girl down, so even if it gets ugly on the dam, I will still be dry and comfy...

wilco
09-11-2008, 05:09 PM
well my trip is over i'm back in sydney now, trolling on dusk was the way they where catching them and it produced good fish most over a metre. on thursday morning we headed up in the timber following the timber line to find some big timber in around 6-7 metres of water fishing was so but we managed a 64cm and dropped a fish of around 70cm in the same area, both fish where hooked on hard body lures of around 3-4 metres.
The wind picked up so we headed down to the dam wall in arvo, it was a bit slow but there was massive showings of fish on the sounder.
A couple boated a fish of 111cm and dropped another of a similar model both fish where hooked on the northern side, there is a little bay on the edge of the shallower water of around 8 metres to 15 metres.
As you leave the boat ramp follow the shore line to the left there is a massive weed bed go out till about half way in about 4-5 metres and cast shallow divers or plastics i saw a boat land a fish of around a metre in this spot.
I would go and see Lindsay from prosopine bait and tackle and he'll give you all the info you need, he is a source of info and happy to point you in the right direction.
We ended up catching 6 barra in as many days for tough conditions our biggest for 113cm smallest 64cm a couple around 87cm.
The water temp had come up a lot so it should be good fishing over the next couple weeks.

levinge
10-11-2008, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the info Wilco....

Glad to see you had a pretty good trip, those big Barra can really go!!!!

We are lucky up here in Townsville, got Lindsay Dobe up here on the 13th and he's having a little seminar on catching the big ones down at Faust, so it's info that is like gold... will be listening and learning alot I think...

Regards

Brett