PDA

View Full Version : Misson Beach

Rod Fishing
05-11-2008, 07:44 PM
Guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I will be headed to Mission on the 23 - 26 Jan for a M & G Townsville V's Cairns.

The problem that I have is that i dont have any mark for Mission at all.

I was wondering if anyone would mind throwing me a couple to start out not your best marks but in the general area where your gunna catch some fish, I dont mid sounding the area until we find some life however a couple of staring out places would be good.

Cheers Rod....8-)

levinge
05-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Leave it to me Rod, I have a local contact and might be able to score a few good spots for us on the Townsville end to try!!!

disorderly
05-11-2008, 11:35 PM
Rod ...I think you are on the right track with general marks...for fishing the reefs for Trout,sweetlip etc. most people just move around till they find a good looking bommie and drop the pick maybe catch a trout or 2...if it goes quiet they just up and move to another bommie.....I'm pretty ordinary at that game...I dont know how the pro trout guys can catch 20-30 trout in a morning...

I used to regularly catch trout on the southern end of Yamacutta Reef.

Where I mainly catch nannies is on shoaly country just east of Farquason Reef .....your chartplotter will show some areas where it comes up to around 90 foot in a few areas ..I just sound around till I find some bait shows and anchor there..there is also deeper water rubble patchs in that area and I have caught large mouth nanny's there and hear of red emperor catchs....

It's never easy and I'm not always confident when I drop the anchor if the area although it looks like a likely spot is actually fishy....and some spots have definate bite periods and if you drop anchor much of the time nothings biting but occasionally other times the nannies are quite thick..there is quite a bit of luck involved.

There are also the kennedy shoals I've heard reports of catchs of Reds from there and have tryed it a couple of times with no luck..

Scott

levinge
06-11-2008, 07:36 AM
Thats some good info to know, thanks for that Scott. It really is hard fishing an area that you have never been. But everything helps even up the odds and make a good weekend out of the Aust Day M&G

Brett

Rod Fishing
06-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Thans for all the info Scott hopefully we will get amungst a few, with a little help from the weather & fishing gods.

Cheers Rod....8-)