PDA

View Full Version : Townsville

coelacanth
04-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Hi guys , just wondering what's happening in and around Townsville , heading up next week for a few days work/pleasure and am keen to fish ,got gear for all species up there already but keen to hit jacks or barra but not sure .?is it closed for barra atm and when is trhe next reef closure.Got a new Rod to try so am keen to give it a whirl.
Ian

batten
05-11-2008, 05:15 PM
yep mate the barra are closed, 1st november to 1st february. the next reef closure is 21st-29th november then 21st-29th december. mate the ne winds have certainly set in for the season. its heating up the, barra are on, so are the jacks. the weirs should be doin all right. giv the guys at tackle world or fishin wharehouse a call. im sure they'll help u out a bit more

coelacanth
05-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Thanks BATTEN , is the river any good for Jacks down the city end , last year I fished the weirs and below(can't remember what it's called )and got some good hook up's but did not land ?threadies but not sure,I will catch up with Troy and Gary as they have a stick that I lent them for a demo so will need to retrieve to spin at least,got some new barra sticks to try /prob ok for jacks as well.thanks Ian

batten
05-11-2008, 08:00 PM
mate im pretty sure there is a few in the ross river salt. the ross gets a floggin tho u mite want to try the bhole or the creeks on the cape, alligator and crocodile (if u have a boat for the cape). if ur here in flood, u should be able to catch barra at the weirs as the go over. although u cant fish ross river dam, it gets stocked, and the fish then filter through the wiers,(3) as the weather starts to warm the barra in the fresh get a little more active.