PDA

View Full Version : Lenco Trim Tabs

ShaneC
01-11-2008, 06:23 AM
Hi all,

I have almost committed to getting a set of Lenco trim tabs to my 625 Cruise Craft. I hear they are good, but has anyone had any dramas with them??

Also being electric, what sort of maintenance should I do to keep them going well??

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chimo
01-11-2008, 07:36 AM
They are good.

I have no problems and they are maybe 3 yr old now

Hose em off , no oil to leak or that needs topping up.

Happy with em and make a good 6.2 Vag even better as they will do so on yours too.

Cheers
Chimo

Grand_Marlin
01-11-2008, 07:45 AM
I fit them and have found them to be excellent.

Make sure you use waterproof connectors.

Cheers

Pete

lippa
01-11-2008, 01:50 PM
i have shat an actuator on ther starboard side.
bla were great with backup. they wouldnt pay labour, which was fair enough but gave me the part no worries (im the second owner and had no proof of purchase)

they are a great simple system, noisy though.

just make sure you get the led indicator switch panel.'

cheeers

lippa

gofishin
01-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Shane,
Also check out the Minn Kota tabs, also sold by BLA. They are a fairly new product ~ 12 - 18 mnths, but I believe better than Lenco, and the same price. They are the only electric tab mfg to give an IP rating on their rams too, and at IP68, it is a high rating. Same 3 yr warranty though.

The tab plates are FRP (black), so not as flashy looking as the ss lencos, and have turned down edges to create more lift (bottom shaped like a Hydrofield).

I have bought a pair of 12 x 9's for my 685, but have not fitted yet due to ladder issues. If you wait a few weeks I'll tell you how good they actually are - or not ;D

PS. I know of 2 (maybe 3) boats that have recently bent lenco's (I think tabs sold within the last 6 - 8 months). I believe problems were a batch that the edge pressings faded out too soon before the hinge, and greated a weak spot - & that's where they bent. But, there are probably thousands in Oz that are OK, so don't let this stop you buying Lenco's.
cheers

leezor
01-11-2008, 04:02 PM
I had a pair of Lenco's on my last boat, one of them shat itself and had to be sent off for repair after around 12 months or so. Took them two weeks to supply replacement.
Have a set of hydraulic's on my current boat with no problems so would buy hyrdraulics next time. If you are set on electrics, it's probably not a bad idea to have a look at the QL's either.

Cheers,

Lee

David H
02-11-2008, 09:54 PM
I have a set of lenco's on my 23 bertram and have not had any problems with them. They were already fitted when I bought the boat so I cannot tell you how long they have been in service, but I have had the rig for 12 months. Actually, when I think about it, they are the only thing I havn't had problems with !!!

chucknduck
03-11-2008, 12:17 AM
I'm in the process of fitting some Lectrotabs which are electric and come with a 5 year warranty.

Mick