PDA

View Full Version : bass

bluebeard
30-10-2008, 08:20 PM
hello boys and girls, can someone fill me in on ewen maddock dam. what the fishing maybe like, any advise would be nice. went there one arvo with my 9 year old grl. we had canoe,paddled the perimeter of the lake. very beautiful place.only saw one fish surface towords dusk.would have fished into the night but was not sure if i would get locked in or not.it seems like they don,t nice time but no fish.like to go again but would like to know a little more about the lake.thank you ...bluebeard:-/

flyfisho
30-10-2008, 09:05 PM
The times they shut the gate are on the gate on Connection Road . As far as the fishing well, like Lake Mac a lot went over with the unseasonal rain of August last year, it didn't help that a lot got targeted out of season in the spill way , as locals have netted fish in the spillway and chucked them back up in the paddock for years now. Not many survive being pulled up over 4 meters of concrete wall then a meter of fence , only to be frisbeed back into the water . Such a shame.

It would be great if the Dam became part of the SIP program and allowed electric motors on the lake similar to lake MacDonald, the dam on average is deeper and has a lager surface area than Lake mac , it just doesn't make sense .