PDA

View Full Version : Surviving 24 Days Of Ibd Therapy

NAGG
30-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Hi Ausfishers

..... A little bit of fun here

I'm just about to embark on ,,,,,, what I consider to be as good a impoundment barra fishing trip as I could imagine:P 24 days where I can be tossing a lure over 4 venues (Teemburra , Faust , Awoonga & Monduran)
Now I've never fished this period of time before ......specially casting which will involve some long days & tournament fishing......... so we will never really kick the feet up & relax:P
I can tell you ..... i'm excited & I will survive it!

But what are your thoughts ? ....... are you jealous ( I would be::) )
Over to you you

Chris

PS ...... some will participate in the same therapy8-)

Barry Ehsman
30-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Hi Chris

yea mate i am trying the same therapy.. 21 days of it::) 14 at Teemburra & Kinchant & 7 at Baffle Creek on the way home..
Might even see you there,, & if i wasnt going i would be jealous.

PS have you heard if the fish are biting at all up there as i have heard some stories that Teemburra is fished out, & the fishing magazines saying that November will be very hot fishing.

cheers Baz

rc@hinze
30-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Chris I am jealous alright. You are going to have the time of your life and good on you. You only live once so you may as well be enjoying life. Plus one day you might be married and wont just have yourself to think about. All the best in the ABT.

NAGG
30-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Hi Chris

yea mate i am trying the same therapy.. 21 days of it::) 14 at Teemburra & Kinchant & 7 at Baffle Creek on the way home..
Might even see you there,, & if i wasnt going i would be jealous.

PS have you heard if the fish are biting at all up there as i have heard some stories that Teemburra is fished out, & the fishing magazines saying that November will be very hot fishing.

cheers Baz

Baz .... I did hear of Teemburra being illegally netted (60 tonne of barra)

NAGG
30-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Chris I am jealous alright. You are going to have the time of your life and good on you. You only live once so you may as well be enjoying life. Plus one day you might be married and wont just have yourself to think about. All the best in the ABT.

RC .... I feel a little dig there ::)

One day ...... No mate - Twice separated ( 4 kids) .... Lost houses / boat & car - Thank god for my job & fishing!

Now what were you trying to say ;)

Thanks for your encouragement on the ABT

Chris

PS .... dont ever assume anything ...... It can be embarrassing ;)

Bugeye
30-10-2008, 07:11 PM
Baz .... I did hear of Teemburra being illegally netted (60 tonne of barra)

wow, was this recently NAGG? anyone else have any information on this? if its true... well...first of all, what a shame but also why? to sell illegally? anyone know how much an average sized barra might weigh in teemburra?

NAGG
30-10-2008, 07:35 PM
wow, was this recently NAGG? anyone else have any information on this? if its true... well...first of all, what a shame but also why? to sell illegally? anyone know how much an average sized barra might weigh in teemburra?

The netting is anecdotal ........ but people in the know - concur

GREED ..... That's all it is

So who knows

An average barra at Teemburra should be around 75-80cm .... & 15lbs - from my minimal knowledge

Chris

rc@hinze
30-10-2008, 08:06 PM
No dig intended Nagg. Sorry I just guessed you have always been single. You certainly been thru the ropes.

I would just love to get away on a trip like that and fish my heart out. I hope your casting arm will be able to take so much fishing. Make sure you take your laptop and keep us up to date.

phatty
30-10-2008, 09:00 PM
jealous? umm YEA!
work sucks.
unable to have a go at all of the events.
just the awoonga rounds.
its a start tho, for my first try at abt.

chances are ill see you around;)

hey bugeye,
didnt happen to get that barra(aviatar) from the fitzroy a few weeks ago ay??;D

matt

NAGG
31-10-2008, 06:26 AM
No dig intended Nagg. Sorry I just guessed you have always been single. You certainly been thru the ropes.

I would just love to get away on a trip like that and fish my heart out. I hope your casting arm will be able to take so much fishing. Make sure you take your laptop and keep us up to date.

Nah ... no dramas
Alls that matters ..... is I see the kids - & fishing keeps me occupied , ethusiastic but more importantly - stopped any depression ( common place)

& My favorite tv program is Two & a half men;D ;D

I'll take my lap top ...... & will try to put up bits & pieces when I can

Chris

NAGG
31-10-2008, 06:32 AM
jealous? umm YEA!
work sucks.
unable to have a go at all of the events.
just the awoonga rounds.
its a start tho, for my first try at abt.

chances are ill see you around;)

Work pays for my fishing - love it:P

No doubt Phatty ......... Black hornet 480 & 60 Yammi (silver Ausfish decals)

This is my first try at the ABT ........ just a good excuse to fish & talk barra:P

Where are you staying ?

Chris

Awoonga
31-10-2008, 06:48 AM

I would just love to get away on a trip like that and fish my heart out. I hope your casting arm will be able to take so much fishing. Make sure you take your laptop and keep us up to date.:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :-X :-X :-X

NAGG
31-10-2008, 06:56 AM
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :-X :-X :-X [/color]

Borrow JMs autocaster ;)

Little grey men
31-10-2008, 07:58 AM
More power to ya mate.....hope you have a blast. I'm guessing you will.
May your graphite creak and your trebles be close to bending.
And yeh, jealous as hell.

NAGG
31-10-2008, 08:15 AM
More power to ya mate.....hope you have a blast. I'm guessing you will.
May your graphite creak and your trebles be close to bending.
And yeh, jealous as hell.

Creak YES! .... "KAPOW" NO!

Thanks LGM

Chris

phatty
31-10-2008, 08:34 AM
Work pays for my fishing - love it:P

No doubt Phatty ......... Black hornet 480 & 60 Yammi (silver Ausfish decals)

This is my first try at the ABT ........ just a good excuse to fish & talk barra:P

Where are you staying ?

Chris

i live out at tannum, so its not that far away.
got the family business out benaraby so ill be living off that for a few days.

where you booked in?

cant give you a boat to look out for yet.. not sure which ones going to be used.
if i see you ill give you a shout out.

matt.

NAGG
31-10-2008, 08:56 AM
i live out at tannum, so its not that far away.
got the family business out benaraby so ill be living off that for a few days.

where you booked in?

cant give you a boat to look out for yet.. not sure which ones going to be used.
if i see you ill give you a shout out.

matt.

Matt .... We are staying at Willowgrove ( cabins 20th-26th) & tenting our recon 10th-12th

Chris

Whitto
31-10-2008, 10:27 AM
"Why are people soooo unkind" sorry Boys;)......What about the "Mighty Whitey" he's reading about all this pending Fravolity (I think thats how u spell it) in an ever increasing IBD state mumbling "I wish I could go" "I wish I could go":( I think we have been most inconciderate about his feelings::) then again ;D

birko
31-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Chris

Im also doing all of the ABT tour and a couple of days prior. Like yourself Im very much looking forward to it. About 17 days for me I think.

It will take a bit of a toll on the body Im sure. I think the main fatigue will be mental more than phyiscal. Trying to stay concentrated and enthused over that period of time will be the main challenge.

Im taking it as more of a learning curve as this will be my first barra comp (have only fished one comp that being a sooty comp at eungella). So the expectation of winning or placement is nil, so enjoyment and pickin up tips from those that know a lot more than me is the priority for myself.

Teemburra is far from fished out, unless it has been fished out in the past 2 days since I have been up. I am up there a fair bit and have yet to see any evidence of netting. Its the first time have heard it suggested that it happens. But if it is going on and any one has a bit of info please pass it on and I will pass it on to the local authorities.

Look forward to catching up to say gday and have a beer.

Cheers
Birko

NAGG
31-10-2008, 11:34 AM
"Why are people soooo unkind" sorry Boys;)......What about the "Mighty Whitey" he's reading about all this pending Fravolity (I think thats how u spell it) in an ever increasing IBD state mumbling "I wish I could go" "I wish I could go":( I think we have been most inconciderate about his feelings::) then again ;D

Gave him a little bit of curry the other day;D ....... just to rub it in - - Deep!!!!

Chris

NAGG
31-10-2008, 11:37 AM
Chris

Im also doing all of the ABT tour and a couple of days prior. Like yourself Im very much looking forward to it. About 17 days for me I think.

It will take a bit of a toll on the body Im sure. I think the main fatigue will be mental more than phyiscal. Trying to stay concentrated and enthused over that period of time will be the main challenge.

Im taking it as more of a learning curve as this will be my first barra comp (have only fished one comp that being a sooty comp at eungella). So the expectation of winning or placement is nil, so enjoyment and pickin up tips from those that know a lot more than me is the priority for myself.

Teemburra is far from fished out, unless it has been fished out in the past 2 days since I have been up. I am up there a fair bit and have yet to see any evidence of netting. Its the first time have heard it suggested that it happens. But if it is going on and any one has a bit of info please pass it on and I will pass it on to the local authorities.

Look forward to catching up to say gday and have a beer.

Cheers
Birko

Good onya Birko ........ Yes it will be tough staying focused ( the Awoonga night event particularly)

Yeh .... have a beer for sure

Chris

poddy mullet
31-10-2008, 11:50 AM
24 days of fishnin..... hmmmm, let me think about that.... still not really long enough is it boys. You might have to hit the boss up for a couple more days off knagg!

NAGG
31-10-2008, 12:12 PM
24 days of fishnin..... hmmmm, let me think about that.... still not really long enough is it boys. You might have to hit the boss up for a couple more days off knagg!

I need to keep days up my sleeve for another couple of weeks in March:P

Obi _ Wan
31-10-2008, 12:30 PM
G'Day Chris,

Yes i have come out of the dark room that i have been sulking in for the past 5 days since i got home. :(

Still trying to think how i am going to make a report!!!!:'(

Anyway mate, good luck in the tour and i hope that you will be greeted with weather more suitable for barra fishing than i had over the past three weeks, windy days and cold nights>:(

Good Luck,

John.

NAGG
31-10-2008, 01:43 PM
G'Day Chris,

Yes i have come out of the dark room that i have been sulking in for the past 5 days since i got home. :(

Anyway mate, good luck in the tour and i hope that you will be greeted with weather more suitable for barra fishing than i had over the past three weeks, windy days and cold nights>:(

Good Luck,

John.

Yes John ...... been hangin for your report:P

Peter4
31-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Anyone heard from Big_Ren & eotbmg from their Awoonga trip last weekend??

black_sheep
31-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Anyone heard from Big_Ren & eotbmg from their Awoonga trip last weekend??

Hey Peter, boys are nearly back. They struggled for the first week with only 4-5 boated. Nothing over a metre. Ben headed up on Sun when conditions started to improve a bit. They didn't slay them but without spoiling their post, pretty sure they got 10 fish for the alst 5 days including a couple of metrey's and a couple of new PB's. I'm sure there'll be a post up over the weekend.

I know the Ranger got off it's donut;D Not sure about Big Ren though:o !!

Bugeye
31-10-2008, 03:30 PM
hey bugeye,
didnt happen to get that barra(aviatar) from the fitzroy a few weeks ago ay??;D

hey phatty...i sure did mate, got that one about 2 months ago now... do you fish the river a bit?

Whitto
31-10-2008, 04:09 PM
G'Day Chris,

Good Luck,

John. G'Day John was talking about you with Trev at Sandgate TackleWorld, he said u were home and your gear was in the corner with a FOR SALE sign on it......that had to be a tough 3 weeks sometimes we have to grin and bare those times.....You'll be back before u know it....Cheers John

Obi _ Wan
01-11-2008, 09:50 PM
G'Day John was talking about you with Trev at Sandgate TackleWorld, he said u were home and your gear was in the corner with a FOR SALE sign on it......that had to be a tough 3 weeks sometimes we have to grin and bare those times.....You'll be back before u know it....Cheers John

G'Day Whitto,

Mate it was like something out of a bloody nightmare, such anticipation, the build up, then it all turns to crap and you can't do a thing about it. In all it blew for a week before we got there, then a few days of good weather then it blew for three weeks and i believe it blew again this last week. The nights were bloody cold, you needed to put a jacket on just to be comfortable, bloody crazy mate.

I'll be back, just licking my wounds, i need to visit the head Doctor at Awoonga just to get my head back in shape.

Cheers,
John.

PS. I mighy try and put up a report tonight if i can think of anything other than the bloody wind to write about.

NAGG
02-11-2008, 06:48 AM
G'Day Whitto,

Mate it was like something out of a bloody nightmare, such anticipation, the build up, then it all turns to crap and you can't do a thing about it. In all it blew for a week before we got there, then a few days of good weather then it blew for three weeks and i believe it blew again this last week. The nights were bloody cold, you needed to put a jacket on just to be comfortable, bloody crazy mate.

I'll be back, just licking my wounds, i need to visit the head Doctor at Awoonga just to get my head back in shape.

Cheers,
John.

PS. I mighy try and put up a report tonight if i can think of anything other than the bloody wind to write about.

Hi John

I'm glad you've crawled out from under that bed in the dark room !
Yes go & see Doc Awoonga ASAP ....... & get some help:(

Mate 3 weeks of that crap ..... would drive you bonkers - We had it at Hinchinbrook last Oct when we caught up with you ....... but at least we could find a out of the wind creek where we could still cast & catch fish (& muddies:P )! but our time at Faust ......::) ....... Your 3rd year of crappy weather wasn't it ?

Cheers

Chris

Whitto
02-11-2008, 07:06 AM
G'Day Chris,

Good Luck,

John. I thinking enough said John...there's only so much creativity you can Muster (sorry about the pun) to put up a report with a trip like that.....just plain bad luck as I see it.....Whitto

Obi _ Wan
02-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Hi John

I'm glad you've crawled out from under that bed in the dark room !
Yes go & see Doc Awoonga ASAP ....... & get some help:(

Mate 3 weeks of that crap ..... would drive you bonkers - We had it at Hinchinbrook last Oct when we caught up with you ....... but at least we could find a out of the wind creek where we could still cast & catch fish (& muddies:P )! but our time at Faust ......::) ....... Your 3rd year of crappy weather wasn't it ?

Cheers

Chris

Chris,

Yeah mate third year of crappy weather in a row. It just shows how much pull the place has on you after you have had three years of very good results with many big, big fish.
Run into a chap at the tackle shop yesterday who is just back from Hinchinbrook who had similar results wind, wind and more wind, like you he found places out of the wind, was even using stacks of live baits, still could not get a hit, he's pissed too!!

Cheers,
John.

Obi _ Wan
02-11-2008, 11:21 AM
I thinking enough said John...there's only so much creativity you can Muster (sorry about the pun) to put up a report with a trip like that.....just plain bad luck as I see it.....Whitto

It's getting close Whitto, might even happen today. Found out that they call the wind Maria!!!!

Cheers,

John.

NAGG
04-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Well all ...... I made it to Brisbane (intact) & not a monkey to be seen - just the walkways suspended above the highway for them to cross;D

Had lunch in MO_TACKLE ......mmmmm lots & lots of barra lollies ( impressive shop)

So ..... with a few days work to get out of the way - Pick Matt up & Then I'm into it:P

So I'll try to post when I can ....... but I'll keep notes for a comprehensive report next month...... hopefully with minimal round pastries included!

cheers all

Chris

NAGG
01-12-2008, 06:16 PM
SURVIVED IT!!! .... Just:)

BR65
01-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Welcome back cobber

NAGG
01-12-2008, 08:05 PM
Welcome back cobber

Thanks Brian ...... nice to be back ( not officially till Wed night:P )

Cant keep me away for that long ;)

Big_Ren
01-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Feel like a weekend trip to Mondy Chris??;D;D

Cheers and +1 to Brian's comment...welcome back and congrats on your final position. No doubt lots of stories to tell.

Cheers
Paul

NAGG
01-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Feel like a weekend trip to Mondy Chris??;D;D

Cheers and +1 to Brian's comment...welcome back and congrats on your final position. No doubt lots of stories to tell.

Cheers
Paul

Not a problem Paul ..... When ???
I reckon I've got some stories to tell ....... I need to get back to Sydney to work out my new camera ( down loading)
Then I will post a report

Chris

Whitto
02-12-2008, 06:13 AM
Ditto from Me......Looking forward to your report and photo's....I guess it will take a bit of time to put it all together......Looking at the ABT placing's (Ya done good).

DEANO68
02-12-2008, 07:10 AM
well done chris, great result on your first crack , how did matt end up.?? did he survive also.?

deano.

NAGG
02-12-2008, 07:42 AM
Ditto from Me......Looking forward to your report and photo's....I guess it will take a bit of time to put it all together......Looking at the ABT placing's (Ya done good).

Thanks Whitto

Very happy with that result ....... specially in that field
I reckon it will take a while to file a report ........ hopefully by the weekend

Chris

NAGG
02-12-2008, 07:47 AM
well done chris, great result on your first crack , how did matt end up.?? did he survive also.?

deano.

Thanks Deano

Matt survived it ..... but found the going tough - Keep in mind that 1 or 2 fish could put you in a top 10 or 20 in some of the events ------- It was tough

Chris

Awoonga
02-12-2008, 08:20 AM
Chris. top effort.... Fishing at all the dams was tough...very....l never saw you without a smile on your face... cheers Trevor

NAGG
02-12-2008, 08:57 AM
Chris. top effort.... Fishing at all the dams was tough...very....l never saw you without a smile on your face... cheers Trevor

Thanks Trev

It was great being part of it & I certainly got what I wanted out of it! ...... & learnt some more
Thanks again for your company ..... Its always good to spend time with you!

smile........ I was barra fishing:)

Chris