PDA

View Full Version : Wide Bay offshore

scrubba01
29-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Heading out of Wide Bay Bar on Friday morning early for an overnighter on the shelf if any body wants to tag along. Did have 2 boats going but now back to one probably return about 2 pm on saturday. Wouldn't mind some company, if anybody is keen please send me a PM. No decky spots available at this time unfortunately.

iceknight
29-10-2008, 09:40 PM
wheres the wide bay bar? im pretty keen,

Lucky_Phill
30-10-2008, 06:12 AM
The Wide Bay Bar runs between Inskip Point on the mainland near Rainbow Beach and Hook Point on Fraser Island.

The bar is quite safe under most circumstances but has a dog leg in it. ( still ? ).

The shelf is a fair way out but good fishing is usually on the cards.

Good luck Scrubba

Phill

scrubba01
30-10-2008, 09:55 AM
Anybody is more than welcome to come along. Ice Knight what sort of boat are you running?

Thanks Phill hopefully there will be pleny of pics of big reds for a post on Monday.

Vindicator
30-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Would love to but this bloody broken collarbone will be keeping me at home for a while longer yet.

Cheers
Kezza

iceknight
30-10-2008, 11:40 PM
4.58 streaker cuddy. 70hp johnson. 300 liter of fuel. and one mad fisher :D

reel scream
31-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Would love to but this bloody broken collarbone will be keeping me at home for a while longer yet.

Cheers
Kezza

Harden the %#@! up Kezza. It should be healed by now. The missus would have done her fair share of dishes etc by now.
I broke something in my stearing box Sunday morning- thats a decent excuse.

Cheers Scott

Vindicator
31-10-2008, 07:08 PM
Harden the $%^& up?!?!?! I tried and all I got for my troubles was a trip back to the doctor with xrays showing I have bent the plate he put in. He was pretty pi$$ed with me. Hes given me another 4 weeks back in the sling and if it doesn't heal by then he reckons he'll open me back up again.:bigcry: Now I have to be a good little boy. Only problem with staying this quiet is that you start drinking too much. Well, nothing else to do.

That a bugger about your steeringbox but to have done that you must have been fishing. So sucked in!!!!!!:grin:

Cheers
Kezza

reel scream
01-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Bloody hell Kezza. Give me a broken box over a bent plate any day. It must be giving you grief. Can you drive? If so come over for a beer.

Cheers Scott

Vindicator
02-11-2008, 07:54 AM
Bloody hell Kezza. Give me a broken box over a bent plate any day. It must be giving you grief. Can you drive? If so come over for a beer.

Cheers Scott

Depends if you're using the box, I suppose lol:gorgeous:. Yeah can only drive the wifes auto. May need a driver for the boat if your keen, getting a deck winch this week, its just been too bloody long now. I'll give you a ring.

Cheers
Kezza