PDA

View Full Version : anybody been to glenbawn lately

wooleybuggered
29-10-2008, 10:44 AM
i have heard the fishing at glenbawn has been good, i am heading there in a week, anybody got any tips on how they are feeding

aadam
30-10-2008, 10:09 AM
yeah mate went there last weekend. fishing was quite tough. HL black jackalls and smoke yellow core plastics did ok working the shallow banks early in the mornings. there was a school holding off cemetery point that was taking jackalls before sunrise but we couldnt find them after about 7am. hope this helps
aadam

poddy mullet
30-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Fished Glenbawn twice in the last month. Its been pretty hard during the day, with the bass really only firing after the sun sets. Casting Jackall chubbies, Kokoda Wee Whops and River to Sea hardbodies produced 11 bass to 38cm in quick time but it was only after dark that we could catch them. Trolled cast for two days for a few small yellas on hardbodies, and saw a massive school of hundreds of carp and gold coi congregating in the cove near the dam wall.
It was very still and the water was like glass all day, and its prety hard to pull bass when the water is gin clear and still, so if its like that you might be better to head up the back and look for slightly dirtier water. Spinner baits produced nothing for us, but got a few hits on the plastics. I would b casting natural colour chubbies and TN 50's in about 4 to 12 foot early in the day, moving out a bit deeper as the sun gets higher, and moving into the shallows for some after dark action. We were getting smahed only a metre from the edge, and just two winds into the retrieve! Good luck, let us know how you get on. Pod

wooleybuggered
30-10-2008, 08:26 PM
thanks for the info, it will help in making the most of my time there, its pretty much what ive been hearing, fish very early and late and in the middle of the day go for a swim to cool off.
will post again after coming back , going weekend of the 8th nov