PDA

View Full Version : any idea of how old this is?/

choppa
29-10-2008, 10:33 AM
one of the blokes father from work is a bit of a boat broker??,,, he's had this sitting in his backyard for about 6 months but is looking to offload it to obtain extra cash for another project,,,,

the motor has had a complete rebuild,,,(to what degree i'm unsure,,, but has warranty etc etc etc on work carried out)

for a 16 footer i think a 125 may be a bit of overkill,,, but i'm curious to know roughly how old it is???

any ideas

choppa

CreelReaper
29-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Mate I reckon the engine manufacture date would be a good place to start. What model is the motor??

Shane

foxx510
29-10-2008, 11:25 AM
What model is the motor??

Which bit of the motor??? ;D Sorry, couldn't resist.

choppa
29-10-2008, 11:37 AM
Which bit of the motor??? ;D Sorry, couldn't resist.

don't worry ,,,, thats what i said,,,,,,,

its had a new powerhead and gearbox fitted,,,,, and (apparently) literally flies,,,,, its going for a run this saturday,,,,, i'm thinking the 3k his asking for the entire setup is quite cheap tho''

choppa

Mindi
29-10-2008, 11:45 AM
well if it floats, can be trimmed to run straight hands off, starts OK, and sounds like a V4 then 3K is probably not a lot of money

FNQCairns
29-10-2008, 11:49 AM
Assuming it is the original engine then the boat is late 60s, very early 70s, the engine looks to be a hydroelectric shift engine, they were rated at the prop so put out something like 100hp in todays terms, gee they sound good at full throttle!!! the sound has largely gone now.

If it is not a hydroelectric shift it will be 70s somewhere.

It's not overpowered...just powered for old style fun and enjoyment.

cheers fnq

Noelm
29-10-2008, 02:53 PM
I was thinking mid to late 70's by whats left of the paint that might be original.

Tri N Hard
29-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Mate that is an early 70's motor i had a 50hp years ago same vintage u couldnt kill the thing i recall having some trouble with the eletronic gear shift though. That boat looks like a nautiglass.

Roughasguts
29-10-2008, 04:02 PM
I reckon she's about 30 years old and 3k would have been the price for the rig new.
But she's a small narrow boat for a heavy donk! hows she going to ride with the waves behind you?

sleepygreg
29-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Looks like a nautiglass 156...early 70's. Not a bad bay/close offshore boat....surprisingly didnt have a tendency to broach. If the engine is in good nick and tests ok....not a bad buy for $3k. Would check very carefully for soft floors though. Transoms were solid as brick outhouses. Went out quite a few times in my uncles 156, around the Hawkesbury/Middle Harbour area in Sydney when I was young. It had a 70 OMC on it.

Greg

Noelm
30-10-2008, 07:55 AM
don't think it is an early 70's. just going by the trim unit, I think (and I could well be very wrong, as I haven't seen one for years) that model trim was not introduced untill 75ish, also unsure of the Electric shift part!

goldfish
30-10-2008, 01:45 PM
well for my 2 cents i think its a evenrude leg & housing i don't think its a hyrdoelectric gear box but if it is take $1.000 off the price. probally early to mid 70's. since its been made up from bits & pices its value wouldn't be that high. boat looks neat & tidy. if its all going well & is a turn key set up i think $2500 would pull it up. remember the motor has been built by a guy that uses bits & pices so what did he build the motor with? i think $3k is a good asking prise but not worth it. based on a good going unit. $2k a good buy $2.5k fair $3k you paid too much & you should come & see me as i have a boat i;ll sell you. lol
cheers
rick

Matt76
30-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Surely the boat itself would be worth 3k wouldnt it?

Dirtysanchez
30-10-2008, 02:50 PM
Loving that heinz 3 bean mix colour job on the motor, and it looks like the mount bracket on the boat is bare metal ? (left my glasses at home)

Sheet, I would consider offering 2 grand for it and maybe walking at the point it passed 2.5 grand, but then I would be in the dog box with the old girl...again :(