PDA

View Full Version : Monday 3rd November Fishing Window Townsville

levinge
29-10-2008, 08:06 AM
Considering a Fish on Monday anyone interested in chasing some???

eugah
29-10-2008, 09:52 AM
Could be but don't finish work until 7.30am

Adrian

horseboy
29-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Brett i will be very keen fly back in tonight so let me knkoiw whats happeneing

Pedrokkas
29-10-2008, 10:52 AM
Hi guys,

If you need someone else Im keen just give me a buzz on 0423 726 739 or pm. The weather is lookin sweet.

Cheers,

Pedro

levinge
29-10-2008, 11:51 AM
Guys will let you know over the weekend once the weather firms

I don't finish work until 6:30am so it will be gentlemans hours start, most likely off the ramp by 7:30am will have the boat ready on Sunday night so all I will have to do is hook up grab a coffee and go.

Adrian, Wade and Pedro how does that sit with you guys??

FNQCairns
29-10-2008, 11:57 AM
I too am thinking about putting the call up for a trip out from here, it's looking good, too good to miss!

cheers fnq

ronnien
29-10-2008, 12:10 PM
good luck brett, good luck scott, bugger i have to start a new painting job on monday bugger.

ron.

eugah
29-10-2008, 12:13 PM
Levigne, i'll let you know how things go with work over the weekend. May even come out a bit later. Let me know where your headed.

Adrian

levinge
29-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Adrian, depending on swell, wind direction etc, could be heading behind Maggie if its ordinary or if it is prime I will be going wide. All is dependent on what the weather is actually doing when I get the boat wet...

Myth88
29-10-2008, 01:39 PM
If the spots arn't already filled i'd be really keen. More than happy to chip in a few bucks for the trip as well.

levinge
29-10-2008, 02:02 PM
No worries Myth88, will keep you posted

Myth88
29-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks mate, hope it all pans out.

Pedrokkas
30-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Guys will let you know over the weekend once the weather firms

I don't finish work until 6:30am so it will be gentlemans hours start, most likely off the ramp by 7:30am will have the boat ready on Sunday night so all I will have to do is hook up grab a coffee and go.

Adrian, Wade and Pedro how does that sit with you guys??

Hi Brett,

It sounds good to me, let me know whats going on.

Cheers mate,

Pedro

disorderly
30-10-2008, 01:24 PM
I too am thinking about putting the call up for a trip out from here, it's looking good, too good to miss!

cheers fnq

The weather is looking sweet ,Scott...and my freezer stocks are getting low so it looks like an overnighter is in order for me....:)

Where are you headed Scott..?

Hey Levinge how wide do you have to go to get some decent fishing down there???

Scott nthQld
30-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Scott, I think your looking at at least 30-40km, but even that can be hit and miss, I think more in the 60km+ range and your on the money. But thats coming from other sources, not me....my boat's not big enough and I'm at least 15-20 grand short of getting into a new 2nd hand offshore rig of good nick.

horseboy
30-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Brett sounds fine by me will have to give the missus a shake to drop me over but sounds good.

Wade

Rod Fishing
30-10-2008, 06:16 PM
If you push out to the shoals you can do really well and they start from about 20kms off shore i usually fish about 50 kms off and always come home with a heap of good fish small mouth nannies and cobia most of the time but you nearly aways get a few parrot and trout to boot.

Cheers Rod....8-)

horseboy
31-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Brett got 2kg of squid and bout 1and1/2 of pillies i got to get rid of so keep it in mind when you go out stocking up.

wade

levinge
31-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Thanks Wade, bring it with you, I have about 1 kg of Pillies and a heap of Squid left over from the last trip. Will still pick up some fresh stuff. Seabreeze is sitting right on the edge of fishable for Monday.

Unfortunately Tuesday for me is already booked up. Brother is coming up from Bris Vegas and already have the boat booked up with him when he gets here...

If the weather is a pain on Monday we may stick around the Maggie Island area and also the shoals if the sea behaves, its a wait and see at present..

leezor
31-10-2008, 07:46 PM
If the weather is a pain on Monday we may stick around the Maggie Island area and also the shoals if the sea behaves, its a wait and see at present..

Hey Brett, sounds like your going soft mate, wanna borrow the Striper ;)??

levinge
31-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Hey Leezor, went out last weekend and the forecast were all pointing favourable, launched and weather was absolute crap, barely fishable.

I always determine the fishing location once I hit the water, just don't like getting peoples hopes up for perfect fishing day. If the weather plays its part, it should be a pretty good day out on the water IF!!!!!

Seen it go pear shaped with the forecasts toooooooo many times to be overly confident with any forecast these days....

As for the Striper, wouldn't want to hurt such a pretty thing!!!!

ronnien
31-10-2008, 09:41 PM
brett
wonder how the boys are going down the mouth of the black,lol.
i bet they are wet & drunk,lol.

ron.

levinge
31-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Hey don't the sandies com out in droves after it rains.

I dare say they have retreated to a dry area by now, unless they remembered the wet weather gear (doubtful).

One thing they will either pass out from loss of blood or drinking too much

eugah
01-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Levinge I will have to get Monday a miss as i had a sickie this morning & went to the cape last night. Way to rough to fish outside the cape, so had to stay in the shallows. Got 3 nice grunter & my son missed 3 big barra on lures, just before the sun set. Tried to get outside the cape at daylight & had motor trouble. Had to come home from the cape at 1500 revs, bloody long trip.

Adrian

levinge
01-11-2008, 01:31 PM
No worries Adrian, Hope the prob with the Motor is fixed quickly and not too expensive, sound like might be fuel related, check your filter and lines....

Best of Luck

Brett

eugah
01-11-2008, 11:54 PM
It will be a sensor for water pressure, that is faulty. Thats the problem with these Hi tec engines they have sensors for everything & even thou it was puming plenty of water the gauge showed no water pressure, should be fixed on monday. As for cost that will be a different thing, nothing is cheap with outboards.
Best of luck for the trip & i hope yous catch plenty & the weather is actually what they forecast.

Adrian

levinge
02-11-2008, 05:37 AM
Thanks mate, good luck with the cost for repairs

Keep your eye on this forum, I go out quite regularly, had the boat since July and have racked up over 50 hours of work already, love my fishing