PDA

View Full Version : Ausfish Stickers

culbara
28-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Hi everybody
I am a bit of a newbie on here so hoping for a bit of help.
Recently updated my inshore boatto a makocraft 4.8 metre estuary tracker pro and i put a new 60hp yamaha bigfoot on it. God what a nice boat it is.
I was up at Somerset in my old boat which was like a gloryfied bathtub but while up there i met another boat up there and mine had a ausfish sticker and he said that it was good to see a fellow ausfish member up here so my question is where do i buy a couple of stickers for my new boat.
Taking new boat up to Monduran on 7th 8th and 9th November with some mates in our fishing club namely the Sunshine Coast Sport Fishing Club. Be a great way to start the new boat off

Benno1
28-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Hiya Culbara...Welcome to Ausfish for starters :D...on the very top header...you'll see "Products"...click on it...its a drop down menu...click on Ausfish stickers...STICKERS AHOY :P
good luck in the new boat on Monduran...looking forward to a report and some piccies :D

Mrs Benno1

themissus
29-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Check out freshwater chat, I'm pretty sure there are going to be some fellow AF's @ Mondy the same weekend as you!!
Cheers Kim.

Scalem
29-10-2008, 12:41 PM
If you go through the process as Benno1 has described, that's perfect, otherwise Send a PM to Lucky Phil (one of the Mods) as he usually has them.

Scalem

i.fish
30-10-2008, 08:43 PM
i wrecokn if you are a premuim member and you pay to use this site stickers should be sent to you in the mail. not just as a thankyou for join the site but to get more people aware of this site and what good comes out of it. its called advertising.

by the way what does the membership money go towards??????????

Chong
30-10-2008, 08:57 PM

It goes towards paying for fishing trips for members that joined AF pre 2004;)

Scalem
30-10-2008, 09:16 PM
i wrecokn if you are a premuim member and you pay to use this site stickers should be sent to you in the mail. not just as a thankyou for join the site but to get more people aware of this site and what good comes out of it. its called advertising.

You are kidding aren't you? We have a chat room of such a high standard and you think some should get stickers for free? I am sure the owner agrees, I wonder if anyone understands the real costs of keeping something like Ausfish going. Purely from a very I.T specific slant, because that's the industry I work in, the server/s, maintaining them, backing up everyones' photos and data, growing additional hard disk space when required ( inevitable and only a matter of time), paying someone to apply updates and look at it if things go wrong ..... Maintaining the threat/security from malicious attacks and hackers with a good firewall...and there's thousands of new attempts every day. just the cost of a postage stamp to send stickers out.... Yikes!! That's enough thinking about it for me!!!::) Happy to pay for stickers:D:D

Scalem

P.S How many gigabytes of data is AF having to host and manage as a matter of interest? Terrabytes???

finga
31-10-2008, 06:57 AM
Well said Brian.
31,000 members and growing.
Yep, I wouldn't want to pay for the postage stamps let alone donating members 2 stickers each.
The site costs.
To pay for this advertising is sold for people to see.
Premium members get a larger PM box. They do not get a lot of the advertising normally seen.

I reckon Bertram and Stessl should have given me the boats (and all running costs) because I have their names on the boats.
Holden, Mazda, Daimler, VW, BMW should also give me the cars and all running costs as well eh :D

I have a Ford too but that embarassing. I took the badges off so I can't ask them for sponsorship can I? ::)

finga
31-10-2008, 07:07 AM
Forgot to mention... Premium or platinium members get to see the GPS mark pages.
Real handy too I reckon if your around the SE
Maybe that's why i.fish became premium member. Pity he's in Mackay. No gps marks for up there.

loophole
31-10-2008, 08:04 AM
Hey is there anyway you can get some ausfish stickers without having a visa card or watever, is it posible to do a EFT?

BrandonH
31-10-2008, 08:41 AM
I am sure Steve will let you do a direct deposit send him a PM perhaps? or Get onto Lucky Phil, if he has some to sell for Ausfish you could catch up with him somewhere in Brisbane and pay cash;)

Ausfish
31-10-2008, 08:41 AM
Hey is there anyway you can get some ausfish stickers without having a visa card or watever, is it posible to do a EFT?

You can simply set up a paypal account using your bank account. Then pay via Paypal. You can also pay via Money Order.

culbara
01-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Hey everyone thankyou for answering my original question i have since ordered two stickers and it was cheap as chips