PDA

View Full Version : CruiseCraft Appreciation Thread

fourfingers
28-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Following the success of Jabba's Seafarer thread and the popularity of my previous post I thought why not.. I'm more than happy to start the ball rolling..

2008 Cruisecraft Outsider 625
L4 200 Mercury Verado

Only ten hours so far, but im working on that...

See if you cant tell why I named it what I did..:)

Keep them rolling Cruisecraft owners..

Tony

Jabba_
28-10-2008, 07:30 PM
All the best...

Those CC Outsiders are a great looking boat...

catfishkid
28-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Here is my baby,she is a mid eighties Reef Ranger,130hp saltwater series yamaha(87 hrs when I got her now 102 hrs).
Live bait tank,outriggers,rocket launcher etc...
She had a furuno gp32 gps and navman sounder,Currently fitting new raymarine A60 combo unit,will leave the furuno for a backup gps.
I only got her fairly recently,but she is a great boat and have already had her out in some pretty ugly conditions and she handled them with ease.

Cheers Craig

finding_time
28-10-2008, 08:30 PM
All the best...

Those CC Outsiders are a great looking boat...

Fully agree Jabba!;)

Cruisecraft Outsiders LOOK great!;)

Ian

PinHead
28-10-2008, 09:23 PM
the boats may be good but I can attest that one of their dealers is not the best to deal with...but I really should thank him now..made me look around for another boat.

revs57
28-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Gee you're a cheeky bugger Greg::) ;D

PinHead
28-10-2008, 09:47 PM
just honest Rhys..I liked the OUtsider..had put a 5k deposit on a 575 then they stuffed me around...so I told em where to shove their boat ..got my 5k back and bought another boat. As I said..good boat but they sure can turn you away from the deal very easily.

fourfingers
29-10-2008, 04:37 AM
Nice looking boat Craig,
She is in great condition for mid 80's. Very tidy

Yeah Pinhead, it sucks when dealers can leave a bad taste in your mouth from a good product. Been there before on other products I've bought.

Tony

catfishkid
29-10-2008, 11:36 AM
[quote=fourfingers;919833]Nice looking boat Craig,
She is in great condition for mid 80's. Very tidy

Thanks mate,I did my research and for the budget I had I decided the reef ranger was what I wanted,then I set about finding one.
I found this one down in port macquarie,Drove down to chek it out and then bought her home to brisbane,have been very happy since,just have to convince the wife of the value.Might be easier to stop the tides i think;D

Cheers Craig

Ocean_Spirit
29-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Following the success of Jabba's Seafarer thread and the popularity of my previous post I thought why not.. I'm more than happy to start the ball rolling..

L4 200 Mercury Verado

Tony

Like your name Tony - very appropriate!

The-easyrider
29-10-2008, 12:02 PM
I had my heart set on a outsider after going out in Bill Cortens 625 ,but after looking around setteled on the sea leagend

fourfingers
31-10-2008, 04:21 AM
I had my heart set on a outsider after going out in Bill Cortens 625 ,but after looking around setteled on the sea leagend

They are a nice boat too. I was considering the sea legend 6m before I bought my last boat. 575 outsider.

gofishin
05-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Taken me a while to get off my butt FF...

Outsider 685 + Yam F250A +Alloy skid trailer (with some mods) & now one month old. Pic is on the way back from Musgrave, in “ cruise’n ” mode. Come fishing time the camper covers are ditched.

Looked at the legends too Easyrider, amongst others, but for us the CC ticked more boxes than the rest, and the build quality is exceptional (and local). Only 17hrs up ATM but appreciating every minute...;D Getting my head around the Furuno gear still (used to Raymarine), but I’m lurving this more & more too.

Was a suzy man, but the 250 HaHa is certainly a very nice donk, and surprisingly economical at the sweet-spot of 37-3800 rpm , 20-22kn SOG @ 1.4/1.5km/L (from memory). Will do some speed/fuel trials thru the range when I have a few more hrs up, but she sure has some poke.

PS...Ian, yes, they are a great looking boat - cheeky man;)

fourfingers
31-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Just wondering if there are any new additions to the CC owners and if they'd like to comment. Or maybe I'm just bored on a rainy day.....

Heath
31-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Can't fault them at all.
Have had my 600 Explorer for over 6 years now & still smile when I hop in the thing.
The boys at the factory and the dealership (Wynnum Marine) have been great.

A pic of the boat with the new donk on the bum.

fourfingers
31-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Nice rig Heath,
Was looking at a used on of those before I bought my first Outsider.

TimiBoy
31-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Love my Bubi. Still have one mod to go - trim tabs, but very happy with her. So is Mumsy!

The V-Rod is a marvel. I want to put a bigger one on. I haven't checked into the weight of a 350, but I reckon it would go nicely...

I looked hard at a Proline 23.5 Walkaround, and would have preferred it. The 2.6m beam was an issue for towing at the time, but those rules have been relaxed now. IMO, while the CC is nicely built, the Yank boats crap all over ours. We need to get much better, very quickly, or the foreign boats will swamp us. Better bang for the buck.

Cheers,

Tim

iceknight
31-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Bang Bang Bang.... thats inbetween sprays of water comming in :O

apart from that they ride well... except in a quatering sea...

TimiBoy
01-06-2009, 06:03 AM
Bang Bang Bang.... thats inbetween sprays of water comming in :O

apart from that they ride well... except in a quatering sea...

Don't seem to have that trouble in the 685. Certainly the shorter tubs qualify as "Bruisecraft", but in some cases size is everything! I've had several occasions to jump the queue at South Passage watching 625's and 575's bashing away - we just carve through.

Only once has she come close to shouldering in, and that was crossing a very large wake at a very tight angle, very much the Skipper's fault and it won't happen again!

Cheers,

Tim

Kero
01-06-2009, 07:00 AM
Well... I can't compete with size! But I've still got one nonetheless.

CruiseCraft Spirit SR
90 HP Evinrude

Robbo_Townsville
01-06-2009, 08:26 AM
Mine is a 575 Explorer with a 150 Optimax purchased new. Great boat to fish out of, but my mates Haines (same size) is better to travel in the slop. Dont know if the ride between the explorer and the outsider in the same size differs.

Cheers
Robbo

Poodroo
01-06-2009, 08:36 AM

L4 200 Mercury Verado

Tony

Well I am not fortunate enough to own such a beautiful boat as the Cruisecraft just yet but I can so relate to naming a boat after the kids. My daughter is a bit of a mischievous one and when I got my boat I wanted to name it after her and also have a nautical theme to it hence the name "Nauti~Gal"
Sorry but that is the only thing I can contribute to this thread. By the time I can afford to buy a new Cruisecraft and contribute to this thread some more I may have to dig it out of the archives in maybe 10 years time. ::) Well done to all you lucky buggers that have one now though.

Regards,

Poodroo

ShaneC
01-06-2009, 08:37 AM
Mine is an 08 625 Explorer with a 175 HPDI Yammy. ALL boats bang given the right conditions, but I have found that the tabs have made a massive difference to mine. However, I do tend to go a bit quick sometimes so cant blame it all on the boat. I am tossing up an upgrade to a 8m Patriot but just cannot get my head around the cost of it all. And I have the boat fitted out just how I want it so its a hard upgrade to justify. So until I have a few more bucks I will bang away in my beloved CrashCraft!!!

I have put 250hrs on her in the 11 months I have had it so it cant be too bad..... the only real hassle I have had was the sooper dooper Garmin 5008 taking a dump, but that was sorted out pretty quickly.They are a lovely boat to fish out of though.... it's all good. I am a computer mong and cant attach a pic, sorry.

I have tried and read all the posts about attaching a photo with no luck. If someone would like to let me email them a photo for resizing I would appreciate it.

Shane

fourfingers
01-06-2009, 07:04 PM
They certainly are great to fish out of Robbo and Shane. Trim Tabs are next on my shopping list too.... Sounds like they are worth it.
And Kero, the spirit are a bloody good boat.. Not that I have to tell you no doubt!!!

fourfingers
01-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Hey Timi,
Mumsy sure does look wrapped inthe Verado.
My young fella thinks the same...

ShaneC
01-06-2009, 07:47 PM
The tabs certainly make a good boat great... Just being able to level everything out with the touch of a button is a beautiful thing. I did have to modify the ladder a little bit to accomodate the tabs, after all of my you beaut ideas I ended up settling on a couple of cheap door stoppers to stop the ladder extending all the way to the transom, thus missing the port tab. All for the princely cost of about $2, so I was happy.... do yourself a favour and get the tabs, worth every cent!!!

jtpython
01-06-2009, 08:24 PM
I have the 2001 Cruisecraft Explorer 550
With all Smart remarks of them i find it roomy handles the water well travels the distance with the 140 on the back no worries and very confident to travel long distance's.
Few things i have changed like the design of rod targa from a outsider ...... New humminbird sounder/combo ..... Johnsons pump Deckwash .
A great trailerable boat to handle the family trips
JT
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo159/jtpython/jtboat004.jpg
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo159/jtpython/08042009-1.jpg
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo159/jtpython/boat-at-monk.jpg
I'm happy with it and all the add ons make it suited to my needs

JT

wags on the water
01-06-2009, 09:14 PM
Looks good JT. Are you sure you want to have me onboard????

095rat
01-06-2009, 09:35 PM
well here goes,I have just joined aushfish & this is my first post,I now own a 685 explorer with a 225optimax,585 furuno,7200 lowrance
previous boat was a 625 outsider withh 175hpdi,loved the rig but just wanted things like,more room,,kill tanks in floor,300l fuel.will post photo's when i work out how

jtpython
01-06-2009, 10:08 PM
Looks good JT. Are you sure you want to have me onboard????

:-/ Do you get sick
:-X I know your the tangle king
;D Come bearing jimmie's and ya in
Just take your shoe's off before getting in and no smoking:P

Oh and you have to catch fish>:(
LOL;)

catfishkid
01-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Some great looking boats guys,I will upgrade to a newer one some day.
There must be some other older cruise craft boats to show though?

Cheers Craig

http://www.galleries.roaringfrog.com/3581-1/fishin05-12-08+041.JPG
(http://www.galleries.roaringfrog.com/3581-1/fishin05-12-08+041.JPG)

PinHead
01-06-2009, 10:35 PM
The tabs certainly make a good boat great... Just being able to level everything out with the touch of a button is a beautiful thing. I did have to modify the ladder a little bit to accomodate the tabs, after all of my you beaut ideas I ended up settling on a couple of cheap door stoppers to stop the ladder extending all the way to the transom, thus missing the port tab. All for the princely cost of about $2, so I was happy.... do yourself a favour and get the tabs, worth every cent!!!

I put QL Tabs on my boat instead of lenco / Bennets..because of the boarding ladder situation.

095rat
01-06-2009, 10:50 PM
here a re some pic's of my 685,& previous 625

095rat
01-06-2009, 10:52 PM
pinhead,who put the tabs on your boat& how much did they cost approx,i reckon i need a set on mine as well

PinHead
01-06-2009, 11:06 PM
contact grand marlin on here...Pete supplied and fitted them..he does a top job..cannot recommend him highly enough

backlash08
02-06-2009, 09:21 AM
here a re some pic's of my 685,& previous 625

nice boats Rat...
cheers

Smithy
02-06-2009, 12:15 PM
So Heath when did you cross over to the dark side of 4 stroke ownership? How have you found the difference?

Heath
02-06-2009, 01:54 PM
About christmas time mate. Has made a big difference to the boat. Seems to keep the hull in the water more improving the ride even more. Though when I get to about half a tank I get a bit of slap until I trim it in a bit.
Fuel consumption.. WHOA! Uses about half of what it used to. Still calibrating my fuel flow but early figures indicate 21 - 27L /h @ 4000rpm doing 48 - 50km/h... which is sensational. Quiet, smooth and plenty of punch.

Very happy with it.

business class
02-06-2009, 02:10 PM
I thought you were a cat when i read that name, ;)

darkside
02-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Catfishkid, mine is around 30 years old , and obviously the "tangalooma wrecks" make a good backdrop great minds think alike,mines been fully recarpeted, new trailer, 6oFour stroke , and does handle some fairly untidy sea really well. It's a CruiseCraft Rogue

ShaneC
02-06-2009, 06:33 PM
I was going to go the QL's but got my mind changed to Lencos. They work very well, so I am happy, the ladder mod was simple and cheap enough although I would be interested to see how the QL's go. My advice came from the factory as they said they had mainly fitted Lencos to CC's with good results, and I am not one to mess with a proven thing.

I am not supporting Lencos over QL's as I just dont know what performs better, just saying that I am happy with my Lenco's and would recommed them if people are thinking of putting some tabs on. But they probably all perform similarly.

Shane

catfishkid
02-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Catfishkid, mine is around 30 years old , and obviously the "tangalooma wrecks" make a good backdrop great minds think alike,mines been fully recarpeted, new trailer, 6oFour stroke , and does handle some fairly untidy sea really well. It's a CruiseCraft Rogue

Thats a nice looking rogue mate,they were a solid old boat and have really stood the test of time.

Cheers Craig

Noiseworks
02-06-2009, 10:00 PM
So catfishkid, just wondering which one in the avatar is your wife :D

Cheers
Noiseworks

catfishkid
02-06-2009, 10:39 PM
So catfishkid, just wondering which one in the avatar is your wife :D

Cheers
Noiseworks

You have to love the danish backpackers on fraser island.The pic was taken during this years fishing comp.Now I have to get the wife to diet and exercise and maybe she could look like those girls;D(Im going straight to hell for that one).

Cheers Craig

095rat
03-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Thanks Shanec , spoke to cruisecraft yesterday & they said you can't fit QL tabs to the later model cruisecrafts because of the foam filling of the hull,they recommended lenco's at $2,200 fitted.

PinHead
03-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Thanks Shanec , spoke to cruisecraft yesterday & they said you can't fit QL tabs to the later model cruisecrafts because of the foam filling of the hull,they recommended lenco's at $2,200 fitted.

and why can't they fit Ql's to a foam filled hull ????

John Buoy
03-06-2009, 03:01 PM
and why can't they fit Ql's to a foam filled hull ????
My understanding with the QL's is they need to bolted thru the hull hence needing access to inside the hull .
Late model CC's have sealed floors and no access ;).

Frank

PinHead
03-06-2009, 03:29 PM
my boat has a sealed floor..foam filled and it has QL tabs...and they work a treat.

Maybe they make more money by selling and fitting another brand.

John Buoy
03-06-2009, 05:31 PM
my boat has a sealed floor..foam filled and it has QL tabs...and they work a treat.

Maybe they make more money by selling and fitting another brand.
Could be fact but i'm more curious to how yours were fitted.
Or is it one of Grand Marlins trade secrets ;D

Regards Frank

PinHead
03-06-2009, 06:32 PM
ask GM..he did the job and I am happy with it

ShaneC
04-06-2009, 08:00 AM

No worries mate,

I think mine was a tad cheaper than that I'll try and dig out the receipt but I think it was sub $2k and was done by CC (just to give you a guage to maybe bargain on). Just send me a PM before you get them done mate, I had a little issue with them over the installation and ended up taking it back to them to redo my tabs. But it is easily avoided if you let them know prior to the install.

Shane

O-3
06-06-2009, 02:00 PM
Does anyone have an idea what an Outsider 625 on an aluminum Trailer would weigh??

Cheers

Armo
06-06-2009, 02:43 PM
oldie but a goodie, I think its a 1977 or thereabouts

gofishin
06-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Does anyone have an idea what an Outsider 625 on an aluminum Trailer would weigh??

Cheers I would guess approx 2.1 - 2.2t full fuel/loaded, maybe lighter depending on motor choice. You would save approx 150 - 200kg with the alloy trailer.
cheers

jtpython
07-06-2009, 07:25 AM

Cheers
http://www.cruisecraft.com.au/outsider625.htm

http://www.marinews.com/details.php?recordid=336

O-3
07-06-2009, 02:10 PM
I would guess approx 2.1 - 2.2t full fuel/loaded, maybe lighter depending on motor choice. You would save approx 150 - 200kg with the alloy trailer.
cheers

Thanks GF.

You have an ally trailer don't you?
What does your 685 weigh fully loaded?

gofishin
08-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Thanks GF.

You have an ally trailer don't you?
What does your 685 weigh fully loaded?
O-3, never had her on the bridge, but based the trailer selection (for <3t ATM) on weighbridge certs from several other similar 685’s. She would go ~2.65t full of fluids & essential gear, but without eskies, tackle & gear/cargo. Yes, alloy trailer & I saved 300kg.
cheers

gofishin
08-06-2009, 10:27 PM
Another option for you ‘tab-less’ CC guys & gals are Minn Kota trim tabs. The actuators are rated to IP68 (highest industry rating) and come in a short or long shaft variety (short shaft good for CC transoms). The plates are reinforced & ribbed plastic, very strong, and are contoured (à la tri-hull shape) to provide much greater lift/efficiency (claimed 50% greater than a flat plate from memory).

The indicator switches are similar to Lenco, but also have auto up & down buttons, with one-touch cancel at any point of travel. Makes any form of simultaneous control a breeze without the need of having to hold down both rocker switches.

Similar pricing to Lenco’s, and the plates won’t bend! Check them out
http://www.minnkotamotors.com/products/trim_tabs/trim_tabs.aspx (http://www.minnkotamotors.com/products/trim_tabs/trim_tabs.aspx)

I have had them for as long as I’ve had the boat, but have been busy (slack too;D ) & only just finalised the ladder mods to allow it all to happen. Wanted the tabs out wide where they are supposed to be, but also wanted a 3 rung ladder over the standard 2 rung unit. After some custom s/s brackets, ladder mods and sail track, it all works well, albeit the ladder slides in backwards up the sail track (it can flip over, but then sticks up proud).

cheers
Brendon

Heath
09-06-2009, 08:34 AM
Yes, alloy trailer & I saved 300kg.
cheers

Any pics of your ally trailer?
Am interested in how you have found it & how it is setup, who the manufacturer is etc.

cheers

gofishin
09-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Heath, it's the best/easiest to use trailer I've ever owned for mono's. Trailer is a Rocket Int, imported/assembled by Duralum (in VIC). Done a few mods but otherwise love the skid trailers. Use silicone spray every few months to keep em really slippery.

A few links, but there have been more posts from memory re alloy trailers. Apparently there were quite a few different types/makes of alloy trailers at the Sanct Cove boat show.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=149447&highlight=duralum (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=149447&highlight=duralum)

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=148800&highlight=bolt+alloy (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=148800&highlight=bolt+alloy)

http://duralum.com.au/ (http://duralum.com.au/)

cheers

the_bomber
11-06-2009, 08:16 PM
I smiled when looking through this thread when I saw one of the sponsored links advertising in the midst of it all was "Our Chiro".:D
CC good looking (even in beige) just wish the front end was a bit sharper on rough days when going along. Happy when we get there though as very stable at rest. Very forgiving hull for an ordinary driver like me.

CCDrifter
19-06-2009, 03:30 PM
Did have a 625 Explorer until only recently when I upgraded to KC2400. Had had quite a few dealings with the Nichols Boys at the factory during my time as a CC owner and was over the moon with their back up and support.

Nathan

fourfingers
31-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Just read Wags thread about his new baby, and what a rig.
Not that im biased.
Anyways thought Id try ressurecting this thread.

SUPERDAFF
01-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Tony and others fortunate enough to be CruiseCraft owners:

You might like to consider hooking up with Team CruiseCraft - they hold brilliant on-water days for families, compete in selected tournaments etc etc. Have a look at teamcruisecraft.com.au to learn more.

Current one is my third - previously had a side console Fisherman and an Explorer 500. Now pilot a fully kitted Outsider 625.

And why a CruiseCraft?

If you ever find yourself skpping back in from 100km east of the mainland, or short-cutting the Amity cutting on a crappy day, or taking one over the top, you'll know the answer to that question.

At the other extreme, as a leisurely family cruiser - she's absolutely magic with outstanding stability, practicality and build quality.

Yep I'm unashamedly a big fan and have put my money where my mouth is three times.

(Oh, and with a gorgeous wife who is a ferry master who is currently doing her Masters 5 marine ticket, that's not just a bloke's opinion).

Kind regards
Daff

SUPERDAFF
01-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Tony and others fortunate enough to be CruiseCraft owners:

You might like to consider hooking up with Team CruiseCraft - they hold brilliant on-water days for families, compete in selected tournaments etc etc. Have a look at teamcruisecraft.com.au to learn more.

Current one is my third - previously had a side console Fisherman and an Explorer 500. Now pilot a fully kitted Outsider 625.

And why a CruiseCraft?

If you ever find yourself skpping back in from 100km east of the mainland, or short-cutting the Amity cutting on a crappy day, or taking one over the top, you'll know the answer to that question.

At the other extreme, as a leisurely family cruiser - she's absolutely magic with outstanding stability, practicality and build quality.

Yep I'm unashamedly a big fan and have put my money where my mouth is three times.

(Oh, and with a gorgeous wife who is a ferry master who is currently doing her Masters 5 marine ticket, that's not just a bloke's opinion).

Kind regards
Daff

jeffrey_h
01-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Thanks fourfingers, been meaning to do this for some time.

1st CruiseCraft was a Regal 506, great boat had for 2 years but needed to get bigger so got the CC Seametre 600, both were '86 models. This one has got a 200 EFI Merc, galley and seperate head. Heaps of room and handles nicely.
Foot controls from the hardtop too.

Jeffrey

gofishin
01-11-2009, 08:31 PM
...You might like to consider hooking up with Team CruiseCraft - they hold brilliant on-water days for families...Hi Daff, sounds like I'll see you over at Peel for the Team CC day on the 22nd? This will be our first attend, unfortunately for the last one we had something on.

If any other Ausfish CC's are attending, say hello. I think I put my baby up on page 1 or 2, otherwise she's the burgundy trim model in the attached. Maybe we can rally a few for a 'mini' Ausfish CC M&G? We will be overnighting at Peel, unless if it's a strong SE'ly then maybe Tangas or the Sandhills & then over to H/shoe bay bright & early, so if you see us, say hello.

...CC Seametre 600, both were '86 models. This one has got a 200 EFI Merc, galley and seperate head. Heaps of room and handles nicely.
Foot controls from the hardtop too.

JeffreyLooks in great condition Jeffrey. You can't beat a stepped hardtop/saloon for a weekender can you.
cheers
Brendon

SUPERDAFF
04-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Hi Daff, sounds like I'll see you over at Peel for the Team CC day on the 22nd? This will be our first attend, unfortunately for the last one we had something on.

If any other Ausfish CC's are attending, say hello. I think I put my baby up on page 1 or 2, otherwise she's the burgundy trim model in the attached. Maybe we can rally a few for a 'mini' Ausfish CC M&G? We will be overnighting at Peel, unless if it's a strong SE'ly then maybe Tangas or the Sandhills & then over to H/shoe bay bright & early, so if you see us, say hello.

Looks in great condition Jeffrey. You can't beat a stepped hardtop/saloon for a weekender can you.
cheers
Brendon

Yes mate, will be there in Myorca with bells on and TGO (The Gorgeous One) - looking forward to catching up with all other TCC participants. And many thanks to those other folks getting there early as well to assist "claim" a stretch of beach. Kind regards. SUPERDAFF
SUPERDAFF

TimiBoy
04-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Hi Daff, sounds like I'll see you over at Peel for the Team CC day on the 22nd? This will be our first attend, unfortunately for the last one we had something on.

Looks in great condition Jeffrey. You can't beat a stepped hardtop/saloon for a weekender can you.
cheers
Brendon

I hope to get there. I seem to have a free schedule on the day, it will be fun!

Cheers,

Tim

jeffrey_h
04-11-2009, 02:06 PM
You're right Brendon it is a great set-up, walk into the saloon, full headroom in the cabin. We have done overnights lately to Tangas, Peel (in that photo) Logan River and Seaway. Was to do this weekend at the 4 Beacons area but I think the weather is getting windy.

So what's the m&g on the 22nd, is there other info on it?

Not booking anything for Xmas just going everywhere for a few days at a time, stay in the water, like Seaway, Fingal, Bribie and Moreton bay, should be great.

Jeffrey

wags on the water
04-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Jeffrey,

http://www.teamcruisecraft.com.au/generalevents.htm

I may be around after all. Work is slowing toward the end of the year.

Cheers,
Wags

53099 53100

fourfingers
04-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Looks like we will be in for the m&g as well, hope to see you all there and feel free to say hi.
Tony

jeffrey_h
18-11-2009, 10:07 PM
It would be good to say hi but we need to know who's who, how about a photo of your boat ect? Mine is in the avatar and a few posts ago on page 7.

CC Seametre, blue on white, 3/4 hardtop, 200 Merc EFI.

A bit of wind forecast for the day but hope it settles by then.

Jeffrey

TimiBoy
19-11-2009, 05:03 AM
The wind will be a Northerly, so Horseshoe Bay should be glass.

See you there!

Cheers,

Tim

outsider580
03-01-2010, 10:25 PM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j161/option48/explorer3.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j161/option48/explorer4.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j161/option48/kjhgfdertyui.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j161/option48/DSC02801.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j161/option48/DSC02802.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j161/option48/DSC02806.jpghttp://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j161/option48/DSC02807.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j161/option48/DSC02808.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j161/option48/DSC02810.jpg

Angla
04-01-2010, 06:51 AM
I noticed that it only has one seat visible. Do you like to stand when driving? Most days I would prefer to not have a seat
How long did it sit in the water for that damage to occur?

You are a brave man to take on a challenge like that but the results look great!

Cheers
Chris

Reel Blue
04-01-2010, 08:19 AM
The 685 Explorer is a fantastic boat and the family love it. The Yammie 250 is quiet, smooth, economical and powerful. I visited the factory and the attention to detail and obvious pride in the product of the Nichols family is very reassuring to me. Very happy!

outsider580
04-01-2010, 01:18 PM
I noticed that it only has one seat visible. Do you like to stand when driving? Most days I would prefer to not have a seat
How long did it sit in the water for that damage to occur?

You are a brave man to take on a challenge like that but the results look great!

Cheers
Chris
Angla, the drivers seat was removed for better access while working on dash and controls. It was underwater for about 6hrs until salvaged most of the ageing was from neglect from previous owner.

Midgyfisher
26-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Any of you guys got a suzuki on your boat? I just bought a 685 Explorer with twin 115 Suzis on a Dunbier alloy trailer, been out 3 times. Last trip I did was a 350km round trip to a reef out off Mackay. I took along 3 x 25l jerries and topped up with these after the first 135km leg. The fuel gauge only came up to half full after this, had me worried. The suzukis had been only burning around 24ltrs/hr on previous trips. The first leg only took 2.25hrs so I estimated the consumption to be around 70 litres alowing for a bit extra weight, seas were flat. The jerries should have brought the tank up near full at least. Anyhow the point I am trying to make is can you trust the suzuki fuel gauge? I worked out when the gauge is well under 1/4 full my tank is still holding 80 odd litres. Trusting the gauge is to unnerving. I had asked the dealer to fit a fuel flow to both engines and this is to be displayed on my Lowrance HDS-5x sounder but they never had all of it together before they sent the boat up. I have not got a clue as to how to set it up. But the only way I can be sure of fuel consumption, is to know exactly how much the donks are burning per hour and I can work out the most economical rev range. The suzis purr at 4500RPM pushing the CC at around 30MPH, I was a bit hasty in the flat seas pushed them to 5100RPM and 35MPH. It is not an issue for short trips, the tank holds 300 ltrs but out of Mackay to get to decent reefs 300K is the norm. Thanks any feed back would be appreciated.::)

gofishin
27-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Hi Midgy, mate I have the 685 OS, but it has the same 300L tank, and would have the same tank sender regardless of engine make (I have a yammy). When fairly new I completely drained my tank a few times and (with the help of a 2nd person when filling) noted how many litres filled with each ‘step up’ in the fuel gauge. I probably did this 3 times over 6 months and each time it was very close, plus it always correlated closely to what litres the fuel monitor(s) said I had used etc. With ~247L filled into the tank it showed full, and below ~27L the first bar was blinking – this is usable fuel. Attached is the full data for my system – OR – at least what it used to be!!

However, up at 1770 last October it suddenly went out of wack, and scared the cr@p out of me as I thought I was running out of fuel. It now needs at least 60L before it shows 1 bar, and 90L+ before it shows 2 etc (10 bars in total). Haven't filled it to full since, so not sure what reads when full now.

I am told that there are some different calibration settings in the new digital types of fuel gauges (to suit senders of differing resistances), however haven’t actually gone looking through the yam manual myself. The Zuke might have calibration settings too, so check out your manual.

Seeing as it is now nearly Feb I’d better get off my butt and check my manual out too, or otherwise re-calibrate!
cheers
PS. Nice rig!

gofishin
27-01-2010, 10:34 PM
The 685 Explorer is a fantastic boat and the family love it. The Yammie 250 is quiet, smooth, economical and powerful. I visited the factory and the attention to detail and obvious pride in the product of the Nichols family is very reassuring to me. Very happy! Hi Martin, she looks good in blue. What prop did you end up with in the end? I see you have been getting amongst some fish too, well done. I hope to get out this w'end - been a long time between fishing trips for me:'( .
cheers
Brendon

Midgyfisher
28-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Thanks gofishin. My gauge is not a digital, it is just like a car fuel gauge with full line 3/4 full 1/2 and so on. That is what I am finding a problem. Does your tank only take 247 litres? If so that is interesting also. Maybe i should siphon the fuel out and then re add it noting the gauge, however the attitude of the vessel on trailer would be different than in water I would reckon. Depending on where the sender is located on the tank , I am thinking this may affect the gauges position. This way at least I could know exactly how much fuel the tank does take , because the dealer was good enough to give me a tank of fuel ( be it E10) I have not run it dry and filled it completely. Thanks for the info though.

Reel Blue
28-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Hi Brendon, I ended up with the Yammie 19 pitch prop. It will hit 5900 rpm, is quicker than the 17 and acceleration and hole shot is still good. I fitted trim tabs and am very happy with the boats performance. From previous posts I know you have a solas 4 blade prop but I have never tried one.

gofishin
28-01-2010, 07:40 PM
...Does your tank only take 247 litres?...Midgy, no, 247L is what it takes (took!) to show 10 bars (full) on the gauge. Fill it to the 2nd /3rd click/blow-back and it’s up around 280+, and although I don’t persist past this point, I’d say you could get 300 in it if you tried/wanted to.

...Maybe i should siphon the fuel out and then re add it noting the gauge, however the attitude of the vessel on trailer would be different than in water I would reckon. Depending on where the sender is located on the tank , I am thinking this may affect the gauges position..
yes, then at least you would know roughly what you had in the tank. For the correct attitude when filling I used an inclinometer, but a ½ full plastic bottle (2L milk bottle is a good option), laying on its side, with some nikko marks (when boat is in the water) will tell you what attitude to have her when filling. Just put the bottle back in the same place on the boat when at the servo;) . On the trailer on pretty level ground my tub has the same attitude as in the brink, which made calibration easy for me.

I haven’t removed the floor/tank cover, but know the sender is somewhere in the forward half of the tank as the gauge drops when you jack the bow up.
Cheers
PS. siphon out (use one fuel pickup line out of the tank, or filter outlet) and calibration is a good excuse to get rid of the E10, or most of it.

gofishin
28-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Hi Brendon, I ended up with the Yammie 19 pitch prop. It will hit 5900 rpm, is quicker than the 17 and acceleration and hole shot is still good. I fitted trim tabs and am very happy with the boats performance. From previous posts I know you have a solas 4 blade prop but I have never tried one. Sounds like the 19 is right on the money Martin. Yep, the current 4 blade continues to impress. I have another 4 blade to try when time & weather permits, so that will be interesting.
cheers
Brendon

Heath
28-01-2010, 08:04 PM
you'll find the fuel sending smack bang in the middle of the tank. When you raise the bow, the fuel goes to the back of the tank, thus showing via the fuel gauge that there is less fuel in the tank than actually is.

Heath
28-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Just to add again to this thread.
Had the need to contact the boys at CC as I was needing some info on putting a through hull transducer in the boat.
The info and help from Kevin Nichols was second to none and that is almost 7 years after buying the boat.
Try getting that out of Quintrex etc....

Hornet Rider
28-01-2010, 09:17 PM
Similar story to Heath's - phoned CC week before last looking for info on an '82 CC Rover. Spoke to Kevin Nichols who explained a few things over the phone & kindly followed up with 2 pdf's by email within the hour. Very professional & helpful.

cheers, HR

Midgyfisher
29-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Gofishin, That is what I thought I was not getting 300 in the tank I tried holding the nozzle away from the inlet and just tapping the fuel in a little at a time and it was taking it with no overflow, but it is going to take a while to get 25 odd litres in this way. Think I will always take a extra jerry instead. Thanks for the info has been a great help. Now if this stupid ex cyclone would piss off ,a fishin i will be. Cheers Midgy.

fourfingers
04-02-2010, 04:58 AM
Have a similar issue with mine. I go the 240l tank but guage only ever shows 190l at the most. Next step is to go gofishin's way and empty the tank. Theres every chance when the tank was filled initially they didnt callibrate the control guages properly.

ozscott
04-02-2010, 06:54 AM
Outsider 580 - what a great reco! Good to save the old girl and make her look like a bought one. How does the OPTI go - cruise and top speeds and rpm...and how does the opti sound. I have a similar size boat and I am looking down the track at at 150-175 and opti is tempting for the price and the bloke who will sell and service it. Are you located on Brisbane West?

Cheers

outsider580
04-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Outsider 580 - what a great reco! Good to save the old girl and make her look like a bought one. How does the OPTI go - cruise and top speeds and rpm...and how does the opti sound. I have a similar size boat and I am looking down the track at at 150-175 and opti is tempting for the price and the bloke who will sell and service it. Are you located on Brisbane West?

Cheers
Ozscott,
Thanks for that, I was quite surprised at how well the 135opti pulls this heavy girl out of the hole.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j161/option48/DSC02865.jpg

johndeere
04-02-2010, 07:33 PM
The savage mako has an issue with filling the tank. The filler is just in front of the motor and it glugs with still 30 litres to go so I have found that by lowering the front of the boat (removing from hitch) that this reduces the problem. Maybe someone has another cure!

ShaneC
04-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Have a similar issue with mine. I go the 240l tank but guage only ever shows 190l at the most. Next step is to go gofishin's way and empty the tank. Theres every chance when the tank was filled initially they didnt callibrate the control guages properly.

Same hassle sometimes mate, I take it you have a 625 Explorer?? I dont know if this is an effective cure but what has worked for me before is to fill the boat til she wont take anymore, drive it around the block and try again. Just leave the sacrificial deckie at the servo to cop the abuse and so you dont have to pay twice. Has never been a problem for me until a recent three day trip to 1770 where we got back with only 20L to spare, but the unnerving thing was the Yammy fuel gauge was blinking with 56km to go back to Agnes. We had extra fuel as we travel a lot up there and when I noticed the gauge was showing less than I thought it should have we cut down our travel a bit. I estimate the we should have had another 30L to spare so the tank filled to 210L instead of 240L. This was sort of confirmed when I refilled it, I did a lappy and got another 20L in so that may well have been the difference.

Its a small hassle really, its a great fishing platform, and if its banging you around too much, you are probably driving it wrong.....

Hope this helps..... this is a great thread, unfortunately I cant download a photo of mine for some reason...

Shane

Heath
04-02-2010, 10:25 PM
I always give the boat a bit of a jiggle after the first click. Always seem to cram a few more litres into it after the air comes out.

ozscott
05-02-2010, 07:36 AM
Mate - has it got a 150 cowel? Yep Brian often has good bargains down there. He is always trying to talk me into an Opti off a net boat! One day I might buckle...sounds like a very nice rig mate and safe too.

Cheers

outsider580
05-02-2010, 05:20 PM
sdfgh fghj ghj fghj fghj fghj

Giffo65
03-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Here is my newly acquired 5.7 Explorer with a 130 Honda,HDS5 combo, Hydraulic steering,200lt tank, floor and transom replaced. Just had a new windscreen and cabin windows done by Bluewater windscreens as old one was milky. New bimini this week as well, as old one is as big as the shade sails at Woolies carpark and old and cracked. A live bait tank will be added when I work out were to put one. A nice step up from my Polycraft 4.55 that I have had for 11 years.

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac84/Glenn_Gifford/20130603_105146_zpse922b994.jpg

Giffo65
03-06-2013, 08:22 PM
I just had Southside Marine trimmers at Yatala fit a new bimini and clears this week,great job and nice and dry to fish out of now.
http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac84/Glenn_Gifford/4eaf4581-97da-4ea9-ac31-46e5dd87d1ae_zps89b66573.jpg (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/Glenn_Gifford/media/4eaf4581-97da-4ea9-ac31-46e5dd87d1ae_zps89b66573.jpg.html)

Rip it up
03-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Love my rogue 14. Best estuary boat for my area. Takes on anything I throw at it.

Rebuilt without timber. Full epoxy composite for strength and stiffness.

I don't think I will be getting rid of it anytime soon.

The original.

The rebuild

The first outing.

Stills needs paint on the outside. But when I treat it like a bare aluminium tinny when I send into the mangroves I don't really see the point. Maybe when I sell it down the track I will coat it.

Giffo65
03-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Wow, no posts on this thread for 3 years, and now two within a minute lol.

David Mason
04-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Hi Giff065, nice boat I bought one last year and have spent 12 months refurbishing it also.

Giffo65
04-06-2013, 06:18 PM
Thanks Dave,I was lucky as all the hard itchy work was done,just adding my touches now.

FisHard
05-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Hey Giffo, nice Explorer! I've just picked up a 580 Outsider and will be doing her up (well, actually employing others to do so!) and will be re powering in due time. How does she handle the 130 Honda?

Giffo65
06-06-2013, 10:50 AM
I have only had it out a couple of times so far,a solo trip to the 36 s off Southport,so not much weight.I had a mate with me and half a tank of fuel (100lt ) in the Tweed river and WOT we got to 67 Kph,gets on the plane fine I think for a large boat, as my old boat was 4.5 m with 60 Hp it's hard to compare.I'm loving having a bigger boat,I dropped it off to Southside Marine Trimmers this morning for a new Bimini and clears,should look good.

cruise_ control
07-06-2013, 11:40 PM
Here's my Dads 84 CC 506 Regal. It's got a 3 cylinder 85hp Suzuki. In immaculate condition as its been in a shed all its life. Coming up for for sale soon as he needs shed space.

cro142
08-06-2013, 08:48 AM

I just thought I would post the before and after photos of my Cruise Craft Reef Raider 166 following the major restoration just completed.

The full story is being published in Peter Webster's "The Boat Mag" (online) in 3 Parts.
The first part was published in the May issue.

Peter C

gofishin
10-06-2013, 07:37 PM
Good to see this old thread come back to life with some much loved Cruisy's!

We just did a nice trip from Manly to Sanct Cove with a few friends over the June long weekend. We had a mini convoy of OS 685's. It was pretty busy down there with a lot of bookings, so we ended up in the basin instead of the finger berths - I think the weather actually kept some away! Had a few people stop by for a chat, one lady even thought it was a Whitley tour... :)

Here's a couple of CC's which haven't graced the pages of this thread yet; Distraction and Found It.

http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/ad140/BrendonTait/KC/IMG_3967_zps0d5bec74.jpg (http://s929.photobucket.com/user/BrendonTait/media/KC/IMG_3967_zps0d5bec74.jpg.html)

PS. This is how this year's Origin series is going to finish; Maroons 2, Blues 1, ha ha

;D;D
Cheers
Brendon

julian1
11-06-2013, 10:22 AM
here's another one for you thats just arrived down South ;)

bustastu
11-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Glad I've got one!

ozscott
11-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Cro142 - The really like the look of that beast. I love old boats and she is a great example of a classic hull shape, distinctive.

Cheers

WannaBFishin
11-06-2013, 07:07 PM
9358193580Dont know if these pics worked but here is some photos of my old CC 625. Loved that boat, and had some great trips in it. I put about 100 hrs on it with the 200 verado which was very economical and had plenty of punch. Had some issues with the transom that Kevin Nichols from the factory was more than happy to repair even if it was going to be out of it's warranty period. Have come home in some pretty ugly seas in it but always felt safe, would consider buying another one.
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/images/misc/pencil.png

fourfingers
29-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Hi all and it is great to see some new interest in the topic. Alas, I have sold my 625 (got to love those divorces). Anyways everything settled and time to start again. Unfortunately I won't be back in my outsider league but kind of thinking a good old 570 explorer. Keep the pics of your rigs coming guys.
Tony

Casey Ison
29-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Giday mate yeah go the crusiecraft : ) nice looking rig mate. good name to haha.

This is my cruise craft reef ranger I bought it roughly 2 years ago and rebuilt it from trailer to top. I stripped the boat fully resprayed her, replaced the floor and repaired one stringer, put a solid 70 mm transom in and a alloy pod with 3 air tanks for added boyency. Goes great with awesome amount of room now! Built an alloy hard top with sliding windows and keeps me dry on those rough days!

ozscott
16-08-2014, 08:17 PM
Nice rig mate

FisHard
17-08-2014, 07:59 AM
I will have a boat to contribute on this thread soon, but she's a work in progress atm.
She's a 91 model Outsider 580. I bought her last year complete with a 94 150 Mariner, 04 Oceanic trailer and a soggy transom. Btw, found the transom issue before purchase.
These are the upgrades in progress:
Renew transom.
Modify engine well to reduce its footprint incorporating a opening door/flap to enable engine tilt. Will also gain enlarged underfloor kill tank. Also removing moulded sides to gain toes under support and bigger side pockets.
Renew timber trims on gunwales.
Fit Ultralon patterned grip floor.
Replace trailer with a 2014 Tinka Classic.
Replace original sounder/GPS with a Simrad NSS 12 networked to NSS 7.
Upgrade steering to Seastar hydraulic.
Reupholster the original Reelax seats.
2 new batteries.
Fit motor - here's the bit I'm struggling with! I've got a 05 115 Yamaha 4 stroke ready to go on, but I'm getting cold feet that it's going to be up to the task. Currently pricing new 150s but Argh! Dunno if I want to go THAT far with this!!
Once this is all complete in about a month, the only real jobs left are a new windscreen and canopy. There's another $ 5k that has to be saved for!
Here's how she looks now:

gofishin
17-08-2014, 08:20 AM
It must have been raining & windy yesterday ozscot...;), but good to see these threads pop up again! ;D

Looking good FisHard! Don't have any experience with this model re power, but I'm sure there will be others on here that can help. What max power is it rated to?
Cheers
Brendon

PS. Team Cruise Craft day at Peel coming up on 31st August.

FisHard
17-08-2014, 08:38 AM
It must have been raining & windy yesterday ozscot...;), but good to see these threads pop up again! ;D

Looking good FisHard! Don't have any experience with this model re power, but I'm sure there will be others on here that can help. What max power is it rated to?
Cheers
Brendon

PS. Team Cruise Craft day at Peel coming up on 31st August.
Thanks Brendon,
They are rated up to 185hp, but this hull (same as 570 Explorer) is sensitive to transom weight. I'm thinking 150 Opti. It's the lightest 150. The new merc 4 stroke is only 10 kg more, but an extra $3k.
It went really well with the old 150 2 stroke.

Giffo65
17-08-2014, 06:59 PM
My 570 Explorer has a 130 Honda, and is just enough HP on a bar with a run out tide,more ponnies would be good.Every other time it is fine.I have been playing with weight distribution with the 4 banger on the back, as it is 55kg heavier than a 130 2 stroke.I put 3 x 20 lt drums in the cab that were full of water,what a difference to handling,a different boat,even my deckie made comment ! The trim tabs and a 4 blade prop just could not do the job of a boat with proper weight distribution.

Tangles
17-08-2014, 07:30 PM
Giffo, Cheech did that with his rig with more weight up the front and he always maintained it made quite a difference,

mike

Tangles
17-08-2014, 07:38 PM
suppose i better put a pic as well, really enjoying the boat, its been great on the Bay a little CC Explorer 485, have it basically sorted now

gofishin
19-08-2014, 09:41 PM
here's another one for you thats just arrived down South ;)

With Julian's permission, I have taken the liberty of quoting his post to the other thread on here.

Why? Well, it is an excellent post, and very relevant to the nature of this Thread, but also because it truly portrays the Holy Grail of the which boat 'for me' decision - IMHO. That is, how to weigh-up the compromises that suit your particular and current situation best.

It also provides some excellent feedback on the 685 from someone who has owned a lot of different boats, and who is obviously very happy with his decision.

Further, it also gives (another) glowing report on what is truly an excellent and very forgiving hull, and what traits I am reminded of every time I use mine (although an Outsider 685) in average conditions, or worse.

Lastly, it will obviously be a lot easier for people searching for information on the Explorer 685 to find it in this Thread.

PS. As individuals, our ideas and situations change - sometimes more than others. Not everyone will agree with the comments or the importance of certain compromises here, but they may give some the courage to seek out a ride or two while making the important decisions :).
Cheers
Brendon

...Every boat is compromise of some sort as I have been searching for the perfect boat for some time and its taken me a while to realise this. There are pro's and cons for both Cats and Mono's and here's what I sent Hilta:
Hi Mark, yes its an interesting comparo, ive had a 680Sf Haines, an Edencraft 233 then the 660 Noosacat then a 2700 Noosacat and now the 685 Cruisecraft. it really depends on what sort of sea's that you spend most of your time in. the CC685 is a fantastic compromise hull that's stable and rides very well and is very quiet and rigid. It does not ride like the cats in bay chop as you loose that cushion and also its not like a super deepvee either in bay chop but still rides well. BUT offshore in the swells and big sea its very very good, it never puts a foot wrong and heading into the sea and swells with the trim tabs down it sticks to water like glue and uses the sharp nose to slice through and hardly get's airborne, I have past many boats punching out to the shelf that would be horrified that a CC685 went past them. Also down sea its just point and shoot and even keep a little bit of trim tab just to hold it in and it tracks true. It is not a boat for jumping waves as remember its only a 20 degree deadrise but then again cats do not like to jump waves head on either they always work better by keeping one of the hulls in the water. My CC685 has twin 115 Zukes (140's lean Burns would be the pick as I think twin 150's would be too heavy) extra layup of glass and that's about the only things ive had done over standard build. it is not a commercial build finish which is nice but can lead to exposure for damage if treated like a Kevla or Noosa with just flowcoat finishes. Offshore I am not travelling any slower than any of my Cats and using 40-50 litres less per day on a 200km distance. i'm also loving the tow compared to the old NC2700 !!!

stevej
19-08-2014, 11:00 PM
my cruise craft explorer500 2004 model
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/LUKKAT/0B6C0720-BADD-4749-90B4-F7E07CCC2800_zpswegqw8ly.jpg (http://s13.photobucket.com/user/LUKKAT/media/0B6C0720-BADD-4749-90B4-F7E07CCC2800_zpswegqw8ly.jpg.html)
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/LUKKAT/IMG_01711_zpsf9e5a755.jpg (http://s13.photobucket.com/user/LUKKAT/media/IMG_01711_zpsf9e5a755.jpg.html)
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/LUKKAT/0B3C0FF1-DA52-427E-B274-19BC82BE4C66_zps4dsfzqlv.jpg (http://s13.photobucket.com/user/LUKKAT/media/0B3C0FF1-DA52-427E-B274-19BC82BE4C66_zps4dsfzqlv.jpg.html)

boatboy50
17-01-2016, 01:48 PM
Hey guys,

I can't believe it's over a year since the last post on this thread.

ive just picked up an old girl and brought it back to life so thought I'd share it with the cruisey owners.

it's a mid nineties galaxy 585xl. I don't think they built many as you never see them around, but it looks like a good boat to me.

It has a decent cockpit, plenty of cabin and a good hull underneath it. Does anyone know the origins of this hull? Is it the same as a 580 outsider hull? Or a 570 explorer? Either way it looks the package.