PDA

View Full Version : IBD The Big Build Up

Tropicaltrout
28-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Ok with 10 days for me and a few for others like Brian 8 or 9 for some, hows the prep..... The Build up.... The antisapation..... The Weather prediction.....

I see there are 30 degree day's for a week with storms in the arvo for the next 3 or 4 days.

For us guys on the return after many years of barra fishing what are you hope so guys who dont do it see what you do.....:)

The build up for me is big 2 weeks with 2 billy lids and the hugs and kisses, I will predict a serg in fish activity toward the next week or 2 with rising temps and humidity, I double check everything from first aid to alll things fishing to boats and car. Pack off a list to be assured nothing is left behind.

I have already set camp up here at home to make it quick and easy when I arrive there. The big friday night rush is non and void everything is done over each night until friday were I dont do a thing I simply have a few beers to stop the on slaught of excitment and watch a movie or something non fishin... The day comes I dont rush head off when everyone is ready and willing and have a planned stop to stretch the legs and have a pee.:-/

The last thing is a quick hello to foxie on the way through always support the local bloke him and Jackie are both fantastic people and I like to say hi and buy a lure or what ever and get any info he has. ;)

Check in set camp relax the next day go for a look and then fish my socks of;D ;D .....

Your turn

Nath

BR65
28-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Keen, nah, not me Nath.
The blue ute and boat were both loaded up last week end, they are siting in the shed ready to roll on Sat morning.
All lures, and I mean ALL, have been scrutinized for signs of hook or split damage, spare leader and braid is packed, Ive managed to settle on 4 rods, only cause I cant get any more into the rod tube, culling the reels was the hard part.
My clothes are packed and in the cupboard ready to grab, camera and Ipod is charged, all Ive got to do is buy beer, ice, beer and food on friday nite.
Expectations, well the weather is looking good, its been a while since Ive seen a barra, August to be exact, and even longer since Ive had the pleasure of a meter plus lady. Im fishing with my closest mate and his dad, should be a ripper trip.
Im comeing off a donut, so the first fish to hit the net will be a sight for sore eyes, after that its all gravy.
Im going to fish it hard and long, drink dangerously un-safe amounts of beer at night with my mate, eat crap food, be on the water casting before the sun comes up each day, and finish when the sun goes down each night, and generally cane myself like there is no tomorrow.
Cant wait!

cheers
a not desperate at all brian, (really Im not)

ethan1
28-10-2008, 07:42 PM
[QUOTE=BR65;919593]
sounds just like what i 'll be doing this weekend on the house boat. hopefully pin a few barra under the cover of darkness if body permits...
Ethan

BR65
28-10-2008, 07:52 PM
[quote=BR65;919593]
sounds just like what i 'll be doing this weekend on the house boat. hopefully pin a few barra under the cover of darkness if body permits...
Ethan

Give you a wave as I go past mate

mylestom
28-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Ok with 10 days for me and a few for others like Brian 8 or 9 for some, hows the prep..... The Build up.... The antisapation..... The Weather prediction.....

I see there are 30 degree day's for a week with storms in the arvo for the next 3 or 4 days.

For us guys on the return after many years of barra fishing what are you hope so guys who dont do it see what you do.....:)

The build up for me is big 2 weeks with 2 billy lids and the hugs and kisses, I will predict a serg in fish activity toward the next week or 2 with rising temps and humidity, I double check everything from first aid to alll things fishing to boats and car. Pack off a list to be assured nothing is left behind.

I have already set camp up here at home to make it quick and easy when I arrive there. The big friday night rush is non and void everything is done over each night until friday were I dont do a thing I simply have a few beers to stop the on slaught of excitment and watch a movie or something non fishin... The day comes I dont rush head off when everyone is ready and willing and have a planned stop to stretch the legs and have a pee.:-/

The last thing is a quick hello to foxie on the way through always support the local bloke him and Jackie are both fantastic people and I like to say hi and buy a lure or what ever and get any info he has. ;)

Check in set camp relax the next day go for a look and then fish my socks of;D ;D .....

Your turn

Nath

Nath,

Very quite here, just ask the pros on the tour today, not many fish and very quite. Heard of about six fish today for total and we are enjoying? the meow fish.

Water was warm today and was up over 26 degrees by 9am in part. Seems it on the improve and hope it great by the time you get here.

Things can only improve, None of the pros went above bay D today during their comp, but a few fished above in the pre fish. Enough said.

Regards

Trev

ethan1
28-10-2008, 08:04 PM
will be fishing out of mate's green poly, stop for a chat if suits, we always have a few teds on ice to share...
Ethan

BR65
28-10-2008, 08:11 PM
sweet mate, Ive got the white hornet, 40 on the back, blue ausfish sticker on the bum, if I see the green esky I will come over and say gday.

cheers
brian

NAGG
28-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Well ...... Excited would be a major understatement:2vrolijk_08:
Many months of planning ...... tackle testing etc etc ........ a bit of a test run (Mondy Muster) - Trailer destroying / rebuilding ..... ditto with the leccy & so much more ........... now just 5.5 days till I start the drive to Brisbane,... & by this time Friday week , I would have had my first fish - - & have knocked the top off a few with some of you guys:P

With up to 24 days of barra fishing planned - at 4 locations - including doing the ABT barra tour..........it just doesn't get much better (or does it) - Yep sure does :P ...... Fishing alongside Matt (Barraboss) will be like ...... permanent Ausfish Freshwater Chat;D ....... someone to watch & learn off ... discuss on water tactics over so many scenarios8-)

So its now just a case of packing the boat & car ( tackle has been sorted) Ahhh I just hope this week goes fast;)

Chris

BR65
28-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Chris, looking forward to the report on the road trip.

tight lines mate

Barraboss
28-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Yeah guys, I am also getting excited. I have never done anything like this before, so am looking forward to it. I go most weekends barra fishing but it will not compare to what's about to come. I will come back and have to go into detox :)

Not long now, just over a week till I see Mondy for the first time, then Awoonga for the first etc etc..... I really don't think I know what I am in for, so I am just going along for the ride and taking each day as it comes. It's the only way I know how to fish anyway, as conditions change day to day, hour to hour and you make the most of what is presented before you.

Cheers
Matt

Callop
28-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Well ...... Excited would be a major understatement:2vrolijk_08:
Many months of planning ...... tackle testing etc etc ........ a bit of a test run (Mondy Muster) - Trailer destroying / rebuilding ..... ditto with the leccy & so much more ........... now just 5.5 days till I start the drive to Brisbane,... & by this time Friday week , I would have had my first fish - - & have knocked the top off a few with some of you guys:P

With up to 24 days of barra fishing planned - at 4 locations - including doing the ABT barra tour..........it just doesn't get much better (or does it) - Yep sure does :P ...... Fishing alongside Matt (Barraboss) will be like ...... permanent Ausfish Freshwater Chat;D ....... someone to watch & learn off ... discuss on water tactics over so many scenarios8-)

So its now just a case of packing the boat & car ( tackle has been sorted) Ahhh I just hope this week goes fast;)

Chris
5.5 days to go. Are you leaving on Monday? You must be taking the long way to Mondy.

darylive
28-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Surley it can only get better!

Musta Disarsta, :-[
Petrie Creek last week, rod ever board then me with wallet in pocket!:(

Today I fished Lake Mc Donald (electric only) The electric and battery are all better now after the Musta.:brood:

I wasn't gonna get caught with the ol wallet in pocket again so put it in a bag. Before I launched I asked myself "self have you done everything?":rolleyes:. I put the boat in then drove the ol patrol off and parked it. Back to ramp pushed off and the electric is running beutiful but I am not going real fast.
:huh2:
A couple of 100 mtrs off shore and the back with the stuff in is floating? :wreck:

S#it the bungs!!! :hammer::helpa:

Thank god I fitted a bilge pump :idea:.

No fish :undecided:

But the electric is working fine!
Tomorrow I will take the prop off and clear the bloody braid from it :wut:

:stupid:

BARRAkid
28-10-2008, 10:48 PM
You fellas are getting my casting arm twitching just reading 11 oclock at night and i feel like chaseing a barra :P can't wait for the reports fellas hope to be doing the same when i get a bit older.
Good Luck

cheers BK

Tropicaltrout
29-10-2008, 06:54 AM
Surley it can only get better!

Musta Disarsta, :-[
Petrie Creek last week, rod ever board then me with wallet in pocket!:(

Today I fished Lake Mc Donald (electric only) The electric and battery are all better now after the Musta.:brood:

I wasn't gonna get caught with the ol wallet in pocket again so put it in a bag. Before I launched I asked myself "self have you done everything?":rolleyes:. I put the boat in then drove the ol patrol off and parked it. Back to ramp pushed off and the electric is running beutiful but I am not going real fast.
:huh2:
A couple of 100 mtrs off shore and the back with the stuff in is floating? :wreck:

S#it the bungs!!! :hammer::helpa:

Thank god I fitted a bilge pump :idea:.

No fish :undecided:

But the electric is working fine!
Tomorrow I will take the prop off and clear the bloody braid from it :wut:

:stupid:

Remember mate..... B is BUNGS, H is for help, F is for F!@#I am sinking.

No worries Trev will you still be there when we arrive.

NAGG
29-10-2008, 07:18 AM
5.5 days to go. Are you leaving on Monday? You must be taking the long way to Mondy.

Yes .... leaving on Monday morning & calling in on a couple of clients on the way .
Arrive Brisbane & do some more work before picking Matt up on Friday morning.
........ it was the only way I was going to get 3 weeks off work at this time of year -
Chris

NAGG
29-10-2008, 07:21 AM
Remember mate..... B is BUNGS, H is for help, F is for F!@#I am sinking.

No worries Trev will you still be there when we arrive.

;D ;D ;D Now who said that ?

J is for "Jesus whats this shite!"

NAGG
29-10-2008, 07:35 AM
Yeah guys, I am also getting excited. I have never done anything like this before, so am looking forward to it. I go most weekends barra fishing but it will not compare to what's about to come. I will come back and have to go into detox :)

Not long now, just over a week till I see Mondy for the first time, then Awoonga for the first etc etc..... I really don't think I know what I am in for, so I am just going along for the ride and taking each day as it comes. It's the only way I know how to fish anyway, as conditions change day to day, hour to hour and you make the most of what is presented before you.

Cheers
Matt

Detox ...... do you really think there will be excessive amounts of alcohol consumed ::)
hopefully .... we get a run of decent weather.
Matt ..... I reckon you'll be like a kid in a Candy store - 3 new venues & all so different - you'll have a ball

Chris

PS .... You'll get plenty of opportunity to listen to the Mondy Muster CD (Vol 1,2 & 3) ...... with around 2800 km of driving involved:earmuffs:

Barraboss
29-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Chris,

Nah not alcohol I was worried about, it will be barra fishing detox one believes

Matt

Mondy Muster CD...... I have ear plugs and a gizmo called an I-Pod hehehe:)

DEANO68
29-10-2008, 07:49 PM
hi all , just got me a new map, very nice, foxie,s little package arived today...how good is his online store?????Oresome, and dangerous, only wanted a map , but with all the other lollies only a finger away woah,,nuther classic , some shadalishous placcys, could have bought the shop,..great service, ordered monday after work, here today when i got home ...give it a go, great therapy..
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8-)
cheers deano...

NAGG
29-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Chris,

Nah not alcohol I was worried about, it will be barra fishing detox one believes

Matt

Mondy Muster CD...... I have ear plugs and a gizmo called an I-Pod hehehe:)

I PODs dont work in the Prado ...... sorry;D

Mate the CD is a ripper ..... unless you like red neck country western music ;)

Chris

PS .... Barra D-Tox ....... or burn out - - - i've never done 3 weeks+ of casting ( I'm taking lots of balms/ointments etc ::)

Steve B
29-10-2008, 08:21 PM
I PODs dont work in the Prado ...... sorry;D

Mate the CD is a ripper ..... unless you like red neck country western music ;)

Chris

PS .... Barra D-Tox ....... or burn out - - - i've never done 3 weeks+ of casting ( I'm taking lots of balms/ointments etc ::)

I have just got an Ipod Nano which hold about 4000 songs.....you can buy a $85 FM transmitter that can play the Ipod through you car stereo and it charges it too...its really cool.

4000 songs....that will be on big mondy muster compilation!!;D one song for each cast over the weekend !!!

On that subject of Ipods.....can anyone PM me info on how to download songs to it....and delete songs from it etc...I am toying with it now but struggling!!....any help appreciated!!!

cheers steve

alphas
29-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Im going up on the 7-8-9 of november.This is my first ever trip to monduran so IM
PRETTY BLOODY EXCITED!!!Typing this from ronald mcdonald house in melbourne,down here because my daughter has just had a major operation-had this trip organized since july last year so NOTHING was going to stop us!!
Bought a zillion p.e special,got rod and gear all set to go-cant wait to try this new combo..Boys at fishhead have been great showing me how to make twisted leaders,what gear as terminal tackle works etc..etc..
I am really looking forward to this trip-dont even care if I catch a scale,just going to be great to be on the water with a chance of encountering one of those barra..If you see two blokes with aussie basser badges on there sunshirts in a 3.75 v nosed quintrex come and say hi,it would be good to put some faces to names.
Best of luck to everyone heading to monduran

NAGG
29-10-2008, 08:29 PM
I have just got an Ipod Nano which hold about 4000 songs.....you can buy a $85 FM transmitter that can play the Ipod through you car stereo and it charges it too...its really cool.

4000 songs....that will be on big mondy muster compilation!!;D one song for each cast over the weekend !!!

On that subject of Ipods.....can anyone PM me info on how to download songs to it....and delete songs from it etc...I am toying with it now but struggling!!....any help appreciated!!!

cheers steve

Steve ..... I'll find out for you if you like ....... my brother & his wife are into this stuff big time - - - we do our trips to the Snowies (10hours) without hearing the same song
i've never got into it ........yet;)

chris

NAGG
29-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Im going up on the 7-8-9 of november.This is my first ever trip to monduran so IM
PRETTY BLOODY EXCITED!!!Typing this from ronald mcdonald house in melbourne,down here because my daughter has just had a major operation-had this trip organized since july last year so NOTHING was going to stop us!!
Bought a zillion p.e special,got rod and gear all set to go-cant wait to try this new combo..Boys at fishhead have been great showing me how to make twisted leaders,what gear as terminal tackle works etc..etc..
I am really looking forward to this trip-dont even care if I catch a scale,just going to be great to be on the water with a chance of encountering one of those barra..If you see two blokes with aussie basser badges on there sunshirts in a 3.75 v nosed quintrex come and say hi,it would be good to put some faces to names.
Best of luck to everyone heading to monduran

NO NO NO NO NO ...... It does not work that way:(
Come over on Friday or Sat night ....... lower camp kitchen .... or blazing fire in the distance & introduce yourself ........ you'll be more than welcomed by all

Cheers

Chris

PS ... most of us run Ausfish decals on our boats

alphas
29-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Staying in gin-gin nagg,will look for the stickers on the water though...

BR65
29-10-2008, 08:49 PM

cheers steve

Good luck buddy, I reckon Im reasonably techno savo, got to be these days in the game, but the flippin Ipod is still a struggle to manage :-[

NAGG
29-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Staying in gin-gin nagg,will look for the stickers on the water though...

Thats a shame ........ The end of day camp fire discussions are great

Chris

NAGG
29-10-2008, 09:07 PM
hi all , just got me a new map, very nice, foxie,s little package arived today...how good is his online store?????Oresome, and dangerous, only wanted a map , but with all the other lollies only a finger away woah,,nuther classic , some shadalishous placcys, could have bought the shop,..great service, ordered monday after work, here today when i got home ...give it a go, great therapy..
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8-)
cheers deano...

Deano .... did you buy those Shadalichous ........ they look pretty good (5.5")

Chris

Tropicaltrout
29-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Yep I got a mp4 thing got a few hundred numbers on there with a few more to go on. still up for dinner at the pub on night throught the week....

8 days of work to go lads.............................

DEANO68
30-10-2008, 06:39 AM
Deano .... did you buy those Shadalichous ........ they look pretty good (5.5")

Chris

there the ones chris, in the ayu color, #3 on foxies site, ,les gave (swaped for arafura) me a pack at the muster of the smaller ones, rigged weedless, throw them any where..great action..

Whitto
30-10-2008, 06:56 AM
PM sent Steve.......Even an old Rocker like me has one.....My son upgraded his IPod to some rocket launcher capability which holds enough songs that u will never hear twice in a life time.....I aquired his old Nano...after much study and stuffing around got the thing to work and downloaded all my stuff.....AC/DC Black Sabbath Led Zepplin and so on I now have about 20% hearing left......Brilliant sound....I keep it in the "Pool Room" Steve.....Ahhhh the lack of Serenity.......Whitto

NAGG
30-10-2008, 07:15 AM
there the ones chris, in the ayu color, #3 on foxies site, ,les gave (swaped for arafura) me a pack at the muster of the smaller ones, rigged weedless, throw them any where..great action..

Thanks Deano

I'll pick some up on the way through next Friday ....... along with a map

Cheers

Chris

DEANO68
30-10-2008, 07:26 AM
Thanks Deano

I'll pick some up on the way through next Friday ....... along with a map

Cheers

Chris

pretty sure the 5.5s les rigged on a 7/0 weighted worm hook and a 5/0 for the smaller ones, or you can put them on a 7/0 nitro jig head...:)

NAGG
30-10-2008, 07:32 AM
pretty sure the 5.5s les rigged on a 7/0 weighted worm hook and a 5/0 for the smaller ones, or you can put them on a 7/0 nitro jig head...:)

Ta ..... I've got some of all those

Chris

joe 09
30-10-2008, 07:45 AM
Can someone send me a link to this online store.

Thanks
Joe

Steve B
30-10-2008, 08:33 AM
Can someone send me a link to this online store.

Thanks
Joe

Joe
www.###########.com.au (http://www.###########.com.au)

that should get you there.

cheers mate

or you can google barra tackle (without the space in between;) ...it gets #### other wise;) )

NAGG
30-10-2008, 09:05 AM
Joe
www.###########.com.au (http://www.###########.com.au)

that should get you there.

cheers mate

or you can google barra tackle (without the space in between;) ...it gets #### other wise;) )

You'll get sin binned Steve::)

Chris

Steve B
30-10-2008, 11:11 AM
You'll get sin binned Steve::)

Chris

Yeah I know.....care.....no. I will post a link for someone asking about it.

the fact is there is far more and blatant free advertising and promotion on here that slips thru from various posters that come and then go all of a sudden. Its amazing how these blokes come here...Write a terrific report on how good a lure/plastic/rod/reel is....get the crowds talking....and more importantly get people buying.....then goooooone. Job done. Unlike the rest of us they are not here to help each other.

cheers Steve!!!

NAGG
30-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Yeah I know.....care.....no. I will post a link for someone asking about it.

the fact is ThEre is fAr More and Blatant free advertising and promotion on hEre that slips thru from various posteRs that come and then go all of a sudden. Its amazing how these bloKes come here...write a terrific report on how good a lure/plastic/rod/reel is....get the crowds talking....and more importantLy gEt people buYing.....then goooooone. Job done.

cheers steve

I get the DRIFT! ............

chris

NAGG
30-10-2008, 04:55 PM
36 deg in Sydney tomorrow ........ I hope you lot get it too :P

Chris

Callop
30-10-2008, 09:39 PM
I've finally given in to the IBD urge and started to get organised for next weekend's mini muster. Having no idea of what I was doing when I got talked into Barra fishing in January last year by the young fella, my first braid purchase was 50lb Platypus. The theory being it is a well known brand and it was on special at 20% off and still cost more than a bottle of bourbon - must be good stuff. Not long after this purchase, I discovered that fencing wire is thinner. I have suffered this fencing wire until today as the wrath of the Minister of Finance can be something to be believed. Off I went to get the new Mondy map from The Tackle Warehouse and thought "bugger the fencing wire I gotta get me some new stuff". Ended up with a spool of 50lb castaway foe the baitcaster and another of 30lb for the spin gear.
I am sure I am preaching to the converted but this stuff is THIN in comparison to the fencing wire.
The Pflueger baitcaster could just hold 40m of fencing wire but can take 100m of the 50lb castaway. Now I have just got to pray that the credit card statement doesn't turn up too soon.

NAGG
31-10-2008, 06:18 AM
I've finally given in to the IBD urge and started to get organised for next weekend's mini muster. Having no idea of what I was doing when I got talked into Barra fishing in January last year by the young fella, my first braid purchase was 50lb Platypus. The theory being it is a well known brand and it was on special at 20% off and still cost more than a bottle of bourbon - must be good stuff. Not long after this purchase, I discovered that fencing wire is thinner. I have suffered this fencing wire until today as the wrath of the Minister of Finance can be something to be believed. Off I went to get the new Mondy map from The Tackle Warehouse and thought "bugger the fencing wire I gotta get me some new stuff". Ended up with a spool of 50lb castaway foe the baitcaster and another of 30lb for the spin gear.
I am sure I am preaching to the converted but this stuff is THIN in comparison to the fencing wire.
The Pflueger baitcaster could just hold 40m of fencing wire but can take 100m of the 50lb castaway. Now I have just got to pray that the credit card statement doesn't turn up too soon.

You wont know yourself ...... using a better quality braid - sure will cast better than fencing wire ( keep in mind ..... your knots will have to be better)

Chris

PS .... Divert your mail ;)

DEANO68
31-10-2008, 06:07 PM
nath keeping the IBD at bay last nite...swimmin liveys..

NAGG
31-10-2008, 06:32 PM

Is it night time or just Naths Hat causing an eclipse of the sun ;)

nipsta
31-10-2008, 06:35 PM
you too are playing at kindy bye the look of them red devils lol nah im jealous im not able to come and fish the spot never mind mondy is only round the corner
;D at least i know my trailer will be right i had to remove my guards as it cracked the frame and i have one side of tghe trailer left to plate and it should be all fixed and up to standard for the trip ;D

DEANO68
31-10-2008, 06:47 PM
you too are playing at kindy bye the look of them red devils lol nah im jealous im not able to come and fish the spot never mind mondy is only round the corner
;D at least i know my trailer will be right i had to remove my guards as it cracked the frame and i have one side of tghe trailer left to plate and it should be all fixed and up to standard for the trip ;D

yea kindy, nuthin big, 3 last nite bigest 350..bit of fun and a chat, ..

chris, yes it is dark,.. camoflages the hat..he may need a white one for after dark sessions..

Whitto
31-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Cool a Devil is a Devil...well done:D

NAGG
31-10-2008, 06:52 PM
yea kindy, nuthin big, 3 last nite bigest 350..bit of fun and a chat, ..

chris, yes it is dark,.. camoflages the hat..he may need a white one for after dark sessions..

Phew .... I thought I may have missed some solar phenomenon

Chris

nipsta
31-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Phew .... I thought I may have missed some solar phenomenon

Chris

you in the best state already chris

NAGG
31-10-2008, 07:26 PM
you in the best state already chris

No brother ...... I leave Monday morning ...... so up there Monday night

Chris

nipsta
31-10-2008, 08:08 PM
No brother ...... I leave Monday morning ...... so up there Monday night

Chris
oh nice im working on mtrailer unfortunatley but i would rather that then not have one that works i think or a guard or 3 break off hey chris lol;)

NAGG
31-10-2008, 08:17 PM
oh nice im working on mtrailer unfortunatley but i would rather that then not have one that works i think or a guard or 3 break off hey chris lol;)

new guards on my boat too dude ..... been working on my trailer/ boat / car / tackle / lures since I got back from the muster

Chris

Tropicaltrout
31-10-2008, 09:28 PM

;) IBD is a weird and hard thing to keep at bay from the last 2 days at my little spot on the bank we have taken a few jackies but the ibd is still breaking my spirit ;D I dont know if I will make saturday I will have another session yet maybe 2

Heres deano's 2 little fellas the lads I was fishin with got a couple of nice ones over 40 the night before but last night was a different night all together

nath

BR65
01-11-2008, 05:05 AM
Im off to scratch the itch, cleanse the donut scar and smack a big girl (fish that is). Update for the mini musterers on Tuesday nite

cheers
brian

NAGG
01-11-2008, 05:36 AM
Im off to scratch the itch, cleanse the donut scar and smack a big girl (fish that is). Update for the mini musterers on Tuesday nite

cheers
brian

All the best brian .......

May the taste of doughnut soon disappear.

Take it easy

Chris

Whitto
01-11-2008, 06:25 AM
Have a Great trip Brian......Take it easy on the Goat Track......Whitto

nipsta
01-11-2008, 10:41 AM
ah trailer done now just got to hope my mate comes over today to measure the floor and cut his templates out so i can fix it all back in the rigg the elctric up still undersided wether i should buy a big barra net or not or just use naths device and then i think i will fuel up the tanks this afternoon since fuel has dropped in price and then a service to go on the boat a go over the car and gear mid week and yep a load up session on friday packing so its all done early then yeha mondy time cant wait 7 days now rods are set already and im glad i did what i did to the trailer boat should be right in all ways now :D :D :D :D :D :D

Whitto
01-11-2008, 11:28 AM
What are you saying Simon, getting a bit toey Mate....settle down otherwise you will leave something behind;D

nipsta
01-11-2008, 11:43 AM
What are you saying Simon, getting a bit toey Mate....settle down otherwise you will leave something behind;D
no worries about that whitto i will have every including the kitchen sink :D :D :D so close i cant handle it lol the ibd it talking me into playing golf so i can keep busy and dont have time to sit lol

Whitto
01-11-2008, 01:32 PM
What the hell you doing playing golf......Ya trying to wreck your back before you get there....that can't be a good move.....then again it might do it the world of good:-/

NAGG
01-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Just loaded the car with all the camping gear....... then ran bicycle tube over the anchor chain !
Yep getting toey too

Chris

Whitto
01-11-2008, 04:59 PM
When are u actually leaving Chris

NAGG
01-11-2008, 05:25 PM
When are u actually leaving Chris

I'll leave around 5am Monday morning:P

Chris

Tropicaltrout
01-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Safe trip Chris see you there mate

Nath

NAGG
01-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Safe trip Chris see you there mate

Nath

Thanks Nath ...... see you there

Chris

nipsta
01-11-2008, 09:21 PM
What the hell you doing playing golf......Ya trying to wreck your back before you get there....that can't be a good move.....then again it might do it the world of good:-/
no i was thinking about it but after a day of welding and stuff imno going to

Whitto
02-11-2008, 06:36 AM
I'll leave around 5am Monday morning:P

Chris OK, Have a safe trip, plenty of coffee, and rest stops.....see ya at Mondy.....Whitto

NAGG
02-11-2008, 07:15 AM
OK, Have a safe trip, plenty of coffee, and rest stops.....see ya at Mondy.....Whitto

Thanks Whitto ........ A leisurely stroll this time with a good break at Coffs Harbour ( MO_ TACKLE:P ) ...... kid in a lolly store stuff

Cheers

Chris

DEANO68
02-11-2008, 07:25 AM
Thanks Whitto ........ A leisurely stroll this time with a good break at Coffs Harbour ( MO_ TACKLE:P ) ...... kid in a lolly store stuff

Cheers

Chris

enjoy your week in brizo chris and will see you friday evening.8-)

deano..

NAGG
02-11-2008, 07:33 AM
enjoy your week in brizo chris and will see you friday evening.8-)

deano..

Unfortunately .... i've got some work to do ( but there are a couple of lunches & dinners booked:P ) ........ but the nice thing - I'm just 4 hours away from Mondy & all the other elitists ;)

Chris

DEANO68
02-11-2008, 07:36 AM
strong southeast change on the coast yesterday arvo, still blowin now,,hope it didnt go as far as mondy, and upset brian & crew...:( any word on next weekends weather..???

Whitto
02-11-2008, 07:51 AM
Yeah Deano....had alook on the weather site on Foxies and Wed/Thu/Fri possible storms.....have to wait till Monday to see any further forcasts

Steve B
02-11-2008, 08:52 AM
hey guys,

has anyone got Brians mobile number.....I have a leave pass to fish this arvo and I would like to catch up with Mr Teflon......hes harder to nail down than than vomit to a wall !!:P

Just PM it to me.

cheers steve

Tropicaltrout
02-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Nah steve he has a white 4 metre hornet 40 4 stroke yammy on it a blue pin stripe and min kota on the bow it got a blue ausfish sticker on the stern, thats about it mate. Never got his number?????? oh well leave pass mate take it and go anyway good luck.

You and Foxie still interested in a counter meal throught the week next week mate?

nipsta
02-11-2008, 07:46 PM

Cheers

Chris
you just make sure there is some stuff left at ######## for me too hey have you tried the new stiffy lures yet chris not the boeny bream but the 110 diver or the 130mm diver im keen to look at getting one or 3 of them and wond ered how they went or has any else used them yet just out of curiousity and enjoy ya drive up ill cya on the staurday morn we arrive then and gather talk a little and you can try a stien lager and see what ya reckon ;)

Tropicaltrout
02-11-2008, 08:39 PM
OK here we go into the final week of the big build up restless nights mind ticking over with thought of trips of the past:D ... I settled my nerves a little tonight with a nice Jack, but what do you fella's do to keep the mind at a bay so sleep come easy?

Heres a couple of pics from tonights session.......

NAGG
02-11-2008, 09:13 PM
you just make sure there is some stuff left at ######## for me too hey have you tried the new stiffy lures yet chris not the boeny bream but the 110 diver or the 130mm diver im keen to look at getting one or 3 of them and wond ered how they went or has any else used them yet just out of curiousity and enjoy ya drive up ill cya on the staurday morn we arrive then and gather talk a little and you can try a stien lager and see what ya reckon ;)

I had them with me at Mondy & Awoonga ........ Used the twitch bait a little bit - much like a bomber ......... but we were doing so well on the plastics that all HBs were forgotten::)
They are worth having .... 1 or 2
F-ing Kiwi beer:P ;) ........
Yes .... we will see you at Mondy

Chris

NAGG
02-11-2008, 09:17 PM
OK here we go into the final week of the big build up restless nights mind ticking over with thought of trips of the past:D ... I settled my nerves a little tonight with a nice Jack, but what do you fella's do to keep the mind at a bay so sleep come easy?

Well ..... I should be in bed , Cant even knock over a few liquid sedatives:(
My week went so fast ....... & I only just finished organising everything

I'm thinking a 3am start;)

Chris

NAGG
02-11-2008, 09:21 PM

Nice Jacks there Nath8-)

darylive
02-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Good night Chris.

GET SOME SLEEP OR YOU WILL BE SCARRING THE ROOS AGAIN LET ALONE SPOTTIN MONKEYS:o

Whitto
03-11-2008, 06:24 AM
Got Him.....Thats proberbly the bugger that did u the other day.....now thats a Jack....yours Deano is a tad smaller but a Jack none the less...well done Lads.....Cheers

Tropicaltrout
03-11-2008, 06:33 AM
Yeah cheer Whitto he was a nice one did you see the 70 cm one in the salt section now thats a big fish.

Gee mate I am not sleeping a wink I am so amped for this trip I will probablyleep the first 2 days there

Nath

Whitto
03-11-2008, 06:55 AM
Yeah cheer Whitto he was a nice one did you see the 70 cm one in the salt section now thats a big fish.

Gee mate I am not sleeping a wink I am so amped for this trip I will probablyleep the first 2 days there

NathYeah I did...what a beauty......hopeing to have a crack at that before Christmas or soon after.....not long know...Cheers

DEANO68
03-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Hey fellas, does anyone know or can tell me where to find the moonrise times for this coming weekend..?????:)

Peter4
03-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Try this link Deano,

http://www.thelunartimes.com/Australia/Brisbane,_Australia_.aspx

and scroll down...........;D

DEANO68
03-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Try this link Deano,

http://www.thelunartimes.com/Australia/Brisbane,_Australia_.aspx

and scroll down...........;D

thanks pete, saturday rise 13.15...mmmm think might be bit late for this little ducky....set at 1.25..in the arvo...does the moonset have any bearing on fishing
as the rise does..???

Peter4
03-11-2008, 02:16 PM
Not sure what effect the moonrise had but my best ever barra result was all day fishing during a full moon period......

BTW Saturday's moonrise is 1.15pm (early afternoon) and setting at 1.25am very very early on Sunday morning.......(24 hour clock);) ;D

themissus
03-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Good Luck Guys......hope you all have an awesome trip!! Looking forward to the reports, albeit with the shakes!! Bloody IBD!!!
Cheers Kim.

nipsta
03-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Good Luck Guys......hope you all have an awesome trip!! Looking forward to the reports, albeit with the shakes!! Bloody IBD!!!
Cheers Kim.
yes it will be a good nine days i reckon and no rocky orad to try still dammm
thats ok ill just have to go and buy one of rob and kelly
unless stev b no hows to cook it
lol

darylive
03-11-2008, 08:59 PM
thanks pete, saturday rise 13.15...mmmm think might be bit late for this little ducky....set at 1.25..in the arvo...does the moonset have any bearing on fishing
as the rise does..???

13.15 to 1.25 in the arvo
::)

Crap the moon is only up for ten minutes! :o

Well I think I have culled the lure selection to about 100 for the weekend. then again that could change it has every afternoon this week ;D; and I have had to sample some of this port while in the shed and on here :P.

Four more sleeps! The moon thing has got me worried :-/

nipsta
04-11-2008, 06:23 AM
yes 2 days of work left today and tomorrow and im off to get the packing down damm your right nath impossible to sleep this close out 1.30 am awake and thinking fishing damm this ibd

DEANO68
04-11-2008, 06:35 AM
13.15 to 1.25 in the arvo
::)

Crap the moon is only up for ten minutes! :o

Well I think I have culled the lure selection to about 100 for the weekend. then again that could change it has every afternoon this week ;D; and I have had to sample some of this port while in the shed and on here :P.

Four more sleeps! The moon thing has got me worried :-/

ahh so you are coming daryl... :) dont let the moon thing worry you. at least you will be off the coast for a cuple o days, see you friday nite....
deano...

DEANO68
04-11-2008, 06:39 AM
yes 2 days of work left today and tomorrow and im off to get the packing down damm your right nath impossible to sleep this close out 1.30 am awake and thinking fishing damm this ibd

im sleeping fine simon, not letting it get to me this trip, only a short trip,but in january might be different when im aiming at a week...;)

Tropicaltrout
04-11-2008, 06:51 AM

IBD :wreck: :helpa:

Funny I slept well last night, but woke up right on sun up so my body clock is tunning into Barra mode.

We are all but hooked up ready to go just the few small things to go in and we are away, and I must not forget the hat:cowboy: .

I know as the week progresses I will be wired come friday I will be like a pelican in a bait shop.....

Come on Saturday

DEANO68
04-11-2008, 06:54 AM
IBD :wreck: :helpa:

Funny I slept well last night, but woke up right on sun up so my body clock is tunning into Barra mode.

We are all but hooked up ready to go just the few small things to go in and we are away, and I must not forget the hat:cowboy: .

I know as the week progresses I will be wired come friday I will be like a pelican in a bait shop.....

Come on Saturday

hey nath any word from brian...????

Tropicaltrout
04-11-2008, 06:56 AM
Hes home today mate

Whitto
04-11-2008, 07:40 AM
I know what your saying Nath.......I get up through the night for a different reason....To have a slash;D......Trailer wheel bearing day today:D....at this time will be leaving anytime after midnight Friday night....want to call into Foxies for some lollies....so it will be a slow trip..Coffee stop and Brekky at Howard.....not sure what time Foxie opens for business.....C U Saturday morning with bells on....Whitto

Peter4
04-11-2008, 08:27 AM
Bloody hell - you guys are killing me!

After three straight donuts (and still four weeks away from my next trip) I'm getting excited at your preparations!:(

Already looking forward to your reports and chompin' at the bit to get my rig onto the water again...........this IBD is rampant!!;D ;D

Big_Ren
04-11-2008, 08:28 AM
Hey Whitto....Foxies generally opens around 8.30am....have a safe trip mate.

Cheers
Paul

Whitto
04-11-2008, 08:43 AM
Thanks Paul.....Buy the time I pull up here and there, will leave about 3 in the morning.....much easier on the gear driving the goat track at night....Thanks Mate

Whitto
04-11-2008, 08:46 AM
Bloody hell - you guys are killing me!

After three straight donuts (and still four weeks away from my next trip) I'm getting excited at your preparations!:(

Already looking forward to your reports and chompin' at the bit to get my rig onto the water again...........this IBD is rampant!!;D ;DSorry Pete know what your saying.....that 4weeks will go soon enough....Will be looking at those I must visit spots and our usual haunt's......hot already at Strathpine,:D looking for the same hot weather at Mondy.....I suspect Monduran is suffering from Rotting Vegetation syndrome and possibility of Turn over:(....but it's a big place...Whitto

NAGG
04-11-2008, 09:56 AM
Good night Chris.

GET SOME SLEEP OR YOU WILL BE SCARRING THE ROOS AGAIN LET ALONE SPOTTIN MONKEYS:o

I managed about 2 hours sleep ......... left Sydney at 4am on the nose
a nice safe trip & not a monkey to be seen
i hope this is an omen ........ but it rained from Sydney all the way to the the boarder ..... where it stopped 8-)
mind you it rained last night
caught up with Obi-wan last night .... just to get him out from under the bed ( boarder line depression after the 3 weeks of doom at Faust)

all good .... He'll be right

Chris

Callop
04-11-2008, 10:47 AM
i hope this is an omen ........ but it rained from Sydney all the way to the the boarder ..... where it stopped 8-)
caught up with Obi-wan last night .... just to get him out from under the bed ( boarder line depression after the 3 weeks of doom at Faust)

Chris
Glad to hear you didn't collect any damage this time and made it in one piece.
Mondy Muster CD's are under the counter at Foxies.
Dave

Pete62
04-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Hey Whitto, FYI Foxies opens @ 07:00 on Saturdays, bakery is open @ 06:00 good Pies and Coffee.
Safe trip and good luck.
Cheers, Pete.

DEANO68
04-11-2008, 11:18 AM

Chris

chris..good to see you made it to the sunny state whithout any dramas, just make sure your boat and gear is locked away safe down there in briz thieves ville...see you for a beer fridy nite...im off for an arvo of melb cup beers.....;D

dave see you also friday nite.....;D cant wait...

Callop
04-11-2008, 11:23 AM
chris..good to see you made it to the sunny state whithout any dramas, just make sure your boat and gear is locked away safe down there in briz thieves ville...see you for a beer fridy nite...im off for an arvo of melb cup beers.....;D

will do deano. Turkey in one hand and coke in the other;D and port in the back pocket;)

DEANO68
04-11-2008, 11:28 AM
will do deano. Turkey in one hand and coke in the other;D and port in the back pocket;)

yes dave the crazy mixed up bird will make a breif apperance each nite to help with SLEEP,which i will be doing this trip..sounds like a fun weekend...;D

NAGG
04-11-2008, 11:38 AM

Thanks Deano

I've secured it as best as possible ......& the gear

Chris

Tropicaltrout
04-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Gee Chris just a mere 4 hours from the dam aint it grand being in the sunny state, althought a year and 1 hour (while day light savings is on) behind.... its gods country alright!!!...

Nath

Whitto
04-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Hey Whitto, FYI Foxies opens @ 07:00 on Saturdays, bakery is open @ 06:00 good Pies and Coffee.
Safe trip and good luck.
Cheers, Pete. Thanks alot Pete.....in that case Ill get away about 2ish on Saturday am......Pie and Coffee for Brekky.....Hhmmmmm love those GinGin Pies;D

BR65
04-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Gday fellas, see if this helps that IBD twitch. Picked this one off last nite.;D ;D ;D ;D

Peter4
04-11-2008, 02:23 PM
So where's the full report Brian?...........

NAGG
04-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Gee Chris just a mere 4 hours from the dam aint it grand being in the sunny state, althought a year and 1 hour (while day light savings is on) behind.... its gods country alright!!!...

Nath

I'll let that go through to the keeper Nath::)

4 hours to joy or misery ...... whooo hooo ..... as I oogle over the new map which I just picked up:P

Chris

NAGG
04-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Gday fellas, see if this helps that IBD twitch. Picked this one off last nite.;D ;D ;D ;D

Where is the rest of the fish:-/

BR65
04-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Where is the rest of the fish:-/

I told ya I was keen mate, I pulled so hard I ripped his bloody head off ;)
Details to come on a funny old trip, gotta go mow the yard.

BR65
04-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Righto, yard is mowed, and brownie points have been allocated. Now to the important stuff for you blokes heading up this weekend.
Despite rumours to the contrary, the fish have NOT grown legs and walked off to somewhere nicer, they are definitely still there, and will chomp on a H.B, but if you’re a cast-a-holic, be prepared to be persistent, and try something a bit different to what you would normally use/technique for this time of the season.
The water is pea soup green all thru the dam, seems to be like a suspended algae. Slightly cleaner water is in south arm of B as you push up, and H upwards for those looking for a bit of peace and quiet. Plenty of bank side weed beds appearing, temps when we started were 30+ at the basin, down to 23+ on Monday morning, just love those temp swings, the bays were holding at 26 to 28 on Monday arvo, depending on wind direction.
Plenty of tales of woe and misery from the camp kitchen, and it is definitely a tuff bite at the moment, but we managed half a dozen dropped fish thru various methods you wouldn’t read about, some short strikes and swirls, and that fat little 98 in the pic above, thru pure bloody mindedness and persistence. (Nath, you know where Frustration Bay is mate, have a squiz there)

Gday to Trev (Mylestorm) – thanks for the heads up on Sat arvo, Trev (Awoonga), - nice mossie mate, Dave – from the sweetwater M&G, Foxie and Mrs Foxie – sellers of all things shiny and desirable in the barra scene, nice to meet you all.

Cheers
brian

Whitto
04-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Brian....Tough trip mate....can u recall what the wind direction was in the most part....bloody temps are all over the place......5 weeks ago the further North u went the dirtier the water got....plenty of new weed bed growth even back then...hopefully things will fire up a tad by the weekend....possible storms forecast
might just turn a switch on......98cm Barra can be more fun than a metery plenty of attitude. Thanks for the report Brian........anything to watch out for on the goat track.....Cheers Whitto

Tropicaltrout
04-11-2008, 06:33 PM
Yes mate, I thought the presistance card will be the one played, but yep enought to keep the IBD to a managable state. Bloody alge I was hoping you would say its pushed to one side a bit more. Never the less a rewarding trip with a nice fish good company...... top stuff mate

Nath

nipsta
04-11-2008, 07:16 PM
sounds like a good trip brian the fact you got a fish is great news starts to fire this week would be great oh yeah 3 SLEEPS TO GO just to let every one know so how many lost money today on the race that robs the nation

BR65
04-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Brian....Tough trip mate....can u recall what the wind direction was in the most part....bloody temps are all over the place......5 weeks ago the further North u went the dirtier the water got....plenty of new weed bed growth even back then...hopefully things will fire up a tad by the weekend....possible storms forecast
might just turn a switch on......98cm Barra can be more fun than a metery plenty of attitude. Thanks for the report Brian........anything to watch out for on the goat track.....Cheers Whitto

Stinkin hot Satureday mate, overcast and showers Sunday and early Monday, cleared to a nice arvo, didnt really notice the wind direction, but I think we caught the edge of that change that went thru down here.

Yes mate, I thought the presistance card will be the one played, but yep enought to keep the IBD to a managable state. Bloody alge I was hoping you would say its pushed to one side a bit more. Never the less a rewarding trip with a nice fish good company...... top stuff mate

Nath

Even the missed fish are rewarding Nath, enjoy the couple of weeks up there.

The big girls are there, I took a wrong option in the sticks that cost me bad on one, I saw a beast get dropped off a weed bed by a bloke near me, and Rob's 123 last week will kep the casting arm going.

BR65
04-11-2008, 07:59 PM
anything to watch out for on the goat track.....Cheers Whitto

Just the goats that drive those big B doubles mate, had one overtake me on a blind hill crest today when I was sitting on 110 kph, I had to hit the skids just in case someone was comeing the other way, bloody clown.
Road works still at Gympie, plenty of wide loads heading to the mines, otherwise its not to bad, all things considered.
Take your big hammer mate, that campground dirt is rock hard again, I bent a heap of pegs setting up.
Water level is good, you can still cut between the island and the point on the RHS at the end of the basin, but watch the weed beds that are sticking out off the island, I buried the tinny into it last nite comeing back in the pitch dark, quite the fun ride heading back from B with no moon.
My mate had a run down thru the basin yesterday arvo, very little fish on the sounder, and speaking to Jackie today at Foxies, very un-usual for this time of the year not to see the big girls schooling up?

DEANO68
04-11-2008, 08:01 PM
good work brian,, thanks for the report, jus got home from melb cup beers, first time ive cum home with a win eva...so wont say to much , exept cant spell at the mo, good to see you got fish , you should cum back up this weekend, prob be a good turn out,,...thanks ... any exta tips send me a pm....thanks deano....::)

NAGG
04-11-2008, 08:19 PM
Good Stuff Brian

But we do want to read about those various methods:P After all , this is IBD we are talking about:)

Cheers

Chris

darylive
04-11-2008, 08:34 PM
only lost $5 on the sweep Nipper, not enough to buy a lure ;)

The weather is a bit of a concern :-/

nipsta
04-11-2008, 09:27 PM
only lost $5 on the sweep Nipper, not enough to buy a lure ;)

The weather is a bit of a concern :-/

rain hail or shine its better then working i tell ya and the fish will be there just got to get them to play the game i say tieing off again will be the go and working a spot for a while then move to another spot

NAGG
05-11-2008, 07:49 AM
rain hail or shine its better then working i tell ya and the fish will be there just got to get them to play the game i say tieing off again will be the go and working a spot for a while then move to another spot

That's my pick Simon ....... rather than breezing through on the leccy - Look for & find that enticing area & work it hard ......... if you find bait there , work it doubly hard !
The results that we had last March & the Muster trip ....... I attribute to 2 things :) 1) Trev & 2) Working a location while tied off or Anchored ...... from memory most times a location yielded multiple strikes & fish8-) ..... You just need to be patient & persevere!

Chris

NAGG
05-11-2008, 08:41 AM
Just checked out seabreeze ....... & conditions look good for the weekend gathering ..... specially wind direction

BRING IT ON!!!!!

Chris

Whitto
05-11-2008, 03:20 PM
Just the goats that drive those big B doubles mate, had one overtake me on a blind hill crest today when I was sitting on 110 kph, I had to hit the skids just in case someone was comeing the other way, bloody clown.
Road works still at Gympie, plenty of wide loads heading to the mines, otherwise its not to bad, all things considered.
Take your big hammer mate, that campground dirt is rock hard again, I bent a heap of pegs setting up.
Water level is good, you can still cut between the island and the point on the RHS at the end of the basin, but watch the weed beds that are sticking out off the island, I buried the tinny into it last nite comeing back in the pitch dark, quite the fun ride heading back from B with no moon.
My mate had a run down thru the basin yesterday arvo, very little fish on the sounder, and speaking to Jackie today at Foxies, very un-usual for this time of the year not to see the big girls schooling up?Thanks Brian....Sounds like everything is still the same....going to do the trip at night at least u can see those Bdoubles coming ahead of time......Cheers

NAGG
05-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Thanks Brian....Sounds like everything is still the same....going to do the trip at night at least u can see those Bdoubles coming ahead of time......Cheers

Except when there is fog ..... like our trip

Not nice

chris

Tropicaltrout
05-11-2008, 06:14 PM
3 more sleeps to go a couple for some of you weather looking good a little wet stuff, but its looking like a fantastic couple of weeks. Regardless of fish its going to be a cracker

Nath

mikooh
05-11-2008, 07:03 PM
Sadly I wont be able to join you guys this weekend....I was looking forward to meeting all you blokes. maybe next time.......

I hope the barra are kind to you and the beer is cold!

Mick

Tropicaltrout
05-11-2008, 07:18 PM
No joy Mick..... Mate there will be other times

Cheers Nath

Barraboss
05-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Two sleeps to go and I will see Mondy for the first time??????????????

Am I excited? HELL YES!!!!

Looking forward to finally meeting a few of you guys and girls, and fishing for barra in places I have been looking forward to for the past 12 months... Just gotta hope the luck is on my side and I raise a scale or two (not asking for much)

Catch you hopefully on Fri onwards

Matt

Tropicaltrout
05-11-2008, 08:03 PM
How are welll sleeping now? :-/

Brian was there any different in alge from one side to the other?

Tropicaltrout
05-11-2008, 08:08 PM
Packing the food.. $150

Filling up with fuel.. $120

Filling the Tackle Box... $300

New Rods and Reels... $500

Seeing the stunned face after their first tail walking barra PRICELESS;)

BR65
05-11-2008, 09:49 PM
How are welll sleeping now? :-/

Brian was there any different in alge from one side to the other?

Nah mate, I tried differant sides and bays looking to see what influence the wind had, and it appeared to be the same both sides. If you shove right up the back of south B, and I mean right up to where you run out of water, you will find some nice colour, but thats catty country up in them thar hills mate, very shallow and very hot, you can just about here the banjos playing, made me a little nervous, if you know what I mean:o

darylive
05-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Tropo!

6 bottles of home bre w and now sippin port, it seems there is no hope of sleep.:o

And what is the go with NAGG? Chris are you omni present or what?

By the way it is p155ing down rain HERE.:D

AS MUCH AS WE NEED IT WE DON'T NEED IT FRI SAT SUN!>:(

nipsta
05-11-2008, 10:16 PM
yes i agree daryl but i have nine days so a cool day setting up would be nice and for all coming i have some bass lures you can purchase of me for 8 dollars each i think there are some hotlips express and cotton cordell and storm lures and a few others:D :D :D :D

Callop
05-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Tropo!

6 bottles of home bre w and now sippin port, it seems there is no hope of sleep.:o

Jesus Daryl - go easy on the port mate. Mt mate and I are dying to try it. I reckon we might even be able to tempt Deano with the bourbon version. Latest forecast is looking good.
Thursdayhttp://www.eldersweather.com.au/images/icons/fcast_30/mostly_cloudy.gif Mostly cloudy 21 / 30°C NNW @ 19km/h
Fridayhttp://www.eldersweather.com.au/images/icons/fcast_30/mostly_sunny.gif Mostly sunny 20 / 31°C NE @ 18km/h
Saturdayhttp://www.eldersweather.com.au/images/icons/fcast_30/late_thunder.gif Late thunder 20 / 30°C NNW @ 27km/h
Sundayhttp://www.eldersweather.com.au/images/icons/fcast_30/possible_thunderstorm.gif Possible thunderstorm 20 / 29° WSW @ 7km/h

darylive
05-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Jesus Daryl - go easy on the port mate. Mt mate and I are dying to try it. I reckon we might even be able to tempt Deano with the bourbon version. Latest forecast is looking good.
Thursdayhttp://www.eldersweather.com.au/images/icons/fcast_30/mostly_cloudy.gif Mostly cloudy 21 / 30°C NNW @ 19km/h
Fridayhttp://www.eldersweather.com.au/images/icons/fcast_30/mostly_sunny.gif Mostly sunny 20 / 31°C NE @ 18km/h
Saturdayhttp://www.eldersweather.com.au/images/icons/fcast_30/late_thunder.gif Late thunder 20 / 30°C NNW @ 27km/h
Sundayhttp://www.eldersweather.com.au/images/icons/fcast_30/possible_thunderstorm.gif Possible thunderstorm 20 / 29° WSW @ 7km/h

Fair enough! On the home / U Brew Duch Lager bottle 7! :P.

I have added the secrete ingredient to the port a coupla days ago ;D

coupla days doesn't matter;).

This is not drink by the pot port you understand!
I have bought special port glasses 8-).

It is bucketing down here :-/

NAGG
05-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Tropo!

I'm here Daryl ....... In fact I just had dinner with a lady who you may know (Suzie) she works in some sort of forensic investigation area

does the name ring a bell

Chris

Whitto
06-11-2008, 06:10 AM
Nah mate, I tried differant sides and bays looking to see what influence the wind had, and it appeared to be the same both sides. If you shove right up the back of south B, and I mean right up to where you run out of water, you will find some nice colour, but thats catty country up in them thar hills mate, very shallow and very hot, you can just about here the banjos playing, made me a little nervous, if you know what I mean:o That was the lucky spot for me Brian (Barra Diary) but that was 5/6 wks ago.....as we know Mondy can change overnight.....I certainly will be revisiting the area:P

DEANO68
06-11-2008, 06:39 AM

no bourbon laced port for me dave..i will stick to the bird and a xxxx...thanks anyway...looks like im heading up tonite..haha.fred got the leave pass afterall...so the ute is packed ready to go leave bout 4.30 this arvo...are you up tonite dave.??the extra full days fishin has made this little duck pretty frign x-ited..........see you tonite...deano...

NAGG
06-11-2008, 06:40 AM
So who is attending this weekends MINI MINOR MUSTER ........ Do we have a current attendance list:)

Chris

PS .......:2vrolijk_08: Not long to go now!

Tropicaltrout
06-11-2008, 07:02 AM
Go hard Deano, hope you get a few. safe passage.

Nath

nipsta
06-11-2008, 07:08 AM
go hard dean don t forget to save some for us

NAGG
06-11-2008, 07:19 AM
Good Stuff Deano ....... Go get em & see you tomorrow

Chris

DEANO68
06-11-2008, 07:36 AM
Good Stuff Deano ....... Go get em & see you tomorrow

Chris

might see you on the water tomorrow arvo chris...be in a stessle truck..c/cons this time......
deano....

Callop
06-11-2008, 08:41 AM
no bourbon laced port for me dave..i will stick to the bird and a xxxx...thanks anyway...looks like im heading up tonite..haha.fred got the leave pass afterall...so the ute is packed ready to go leave bout 4.30 this arvo...are you up tonite dave.??the extra full days fishin has made this little duck pretty frign x-ited..........see you tonite...deano...
We leave this afternoon. Hopefully get away about 3.00. It's going to be a long day at work. Can't get out of here quick enough. Even my legs are starting to twitch.
See the rest of you up there.
Dave

nipsta
06-11-2008, 09:05 AM
We leave this afternoon. Hopefully get away about 3.00. It's going to be a long day at work. Can't get out of here quick enough. Even my legs are starting to twitch.
See the rest of you up there.
Dave

for sure dave we will see ya there have a safe trip alll that are leaving before us well be there saturday morning

Whitto
06-11-2008, 10:29 AM
no bourbon laced port for me dave..i will stick to the bird and a xxxx...thanks anyway...looks like im heading up tonite..haha.fred got the leave pass afterall...so the ute is packed ready to go leave bout 4.30 this arvo...are you up tonite dave.??the extra full days fishin has made this little duck pretty frign x-ited..........see you tonite...deano...Have a good trip Deano and Dave, see u Saturday morning

Tropicaltrout
06-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Ok lads 2 to go 1 for most starting to get a bit amped to say the least.

Best wishes to all that are going, I hope the roads are fair and the fishing is fast. I look forward to a beer with you all.

Safe passage

Nath

BR65
06-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Into em boys

NAGG
06-11-2008, 11:12 PM
Time to try to get some shut eye ........three big weeks ahead of us

see you around

Chris

Barraboss
07-11-2008, 12:50 AM
Safe travels to all heading to a fishing destination over the coming weeks....Hope to see a few of you very very shortly......LIKE 2MORO!!!!! :)

Matty
I'm excited Big Kev

Tropicaltrout
07-11-2008, 07:00 AM
See ya tomorrow.... yeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhaaaaa

NAGG
07-11-2008, 07:04 AM
Safe travels to all heading to a fishing destination over the coming weeks....Hope to see a few of you very very shortly......LIKE 2MORO!!!!! :)

Matty
I'm excited Big Kev

Matt is excited !!! ........ He should have said 2DAY:P

Just about time to leave & pick him up from the airport

chris

nipsta
07-11-2008, 07:07 AM
Matt is excited !!! ........ He should have said 2DAY:P

Just about time to leave & pick him up from the airport

chris
YEHA ONE SLEEP TO GO SEE YA ON THE FLIP SIDE CHRIS opps im not yelliny but daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm im excited what time will yous get there

NAGG
07-11-2008, 07:16 AM
YEHA ONE SLEEP TO GO SEE YA ON THE FLIP SIDE CHRIS opps im not yelliny but daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm im excited what time will yous get there
Could be as early as 1pm (Foxies) ....... This will give us time to set up camp & have a late arvo / sunset fish:P 8-)

But we will see you tomorrow ....... tomorrow night should be great

Chris

PS ....... Last post everyone

TAKE CARE , DRIVE SAVE & SEE YOU AT THE MMM ........ or chat to you online at some stage

nipsta
07-11-2008, 07:44 AM
Could be as early as 1pm (Foxies) ....... This will give us time to set up camp & have a late arvo / sunset fish:P 8-)

But we will see you tomorrow ....... tomorrow night should be great

Chris

PS ....... Last post everyone

TAKE CARE , DRIVE SAVE & SEE YOU AT THE MMM ........ or chat to you online at some stage
yeah you get to meet my missus and the little miss my daughter and you ge to meet nath crew as well

Tropicaltrout
07-11-2008, 08:17 PM
Friday night all is quiet most have gone. eyes are wide ready to get up and go. The fish are off the bite but still the antisapation is high.

Here we go for another Monduran assult...

See you all tomorrow, and post up in a couple of weeks

Nath

BR65
07-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Have a cracker Nath, I wish it was me.
Weather looks a bit so so this week end, but improveing next week.
Bugger the weather, fish it hard mate, you'll do all right. Riseing moon next week in the arvos, happy days.
Are you still hangin out the yammie flag at ya camp??

cheers
brian

nipsta
07-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Have a cracker Nath, I wish it was me.
Weather looks a bit so so this week end, but improveing next week.
Bugger the weather, fish it hard mate, you'll do all right. Riseing moon next week in the arvos, happy days.
Are you still hangin out the yammie flag at ya camp??

cheers
brian

here we go here we go here we go fianlly it has arrived and your not coming brian oh well maybe you might make it next weekend could i be right i wonder if lyndon and kel are coming up damm its gunner be hard to sleep tonight

BR65
07-11-2008, 08:47 PM
here we go here we go here we go fianlly it has arrived and your not coming brian oh well maybe you might make it next weekend could i be right i wonder if lyndon and kel are coming up damm its gunner be hard to sleep tonight

I thought you were allready up mate?
Have a blinder, hope you smack em Simon.
I was just emailing Rob and Kelly to book an un-powered site for next Friday and Saturday nite, should be able to squeeze in a chin wag some where there I reckon mate

nipsta
07-11-2008, 09:37 PM
I thought you were allready up mate?
Have a blinder, hope you smack em Simon.
I was just emailing Rob and Kelly to book an un-powered site for next Friday and Saturday nite, should be able to squeeze in a chin wag some where there I reckon mate
sounds good mate will catch ya then for sure damm i seem to have a sleeping issue not being able to bugger oh well i might go try ok cya next weekend

Tropicaltrout
07-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Yeah mate the yammy flag will be out, so it looks like a beer next saturday night too..

See up there mate

nipsta
08-11-2008, 05:56 AM
well the day has arrived ibd is over the top now even with a lack of sleep im still wide awake it has been one hell of a wait for this trip and i cant remeber any other trip where i have been on edge the hole time this one will be a cracker good luck to all that are up there and cant wait to have a chat
nipsta out

darylive
09-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Home now, and here comes more rain! Well it doesn't matter now.

But it was a bastard last night. After 10 hrs straight for a bloody big Catty and yes it was up in the dead end of B the onlyt clean water in the Dam :(. It really is as shallow as the sounder says. When I went in I could stand up now worries. Lucky it was blowing 30 knots to dry off my clobber >:(. Wallet in pocket again :-/

Fortunately we had a few beverages on Friday night because it was a wash out last night. Lucky for Caliope and his boy friend / Vet I had camped above them so my camp filtered a lot of the mud before it got to them.

Nath, I don't know when you will read this mate I hope the youngen is OK. Mrs Nipster told me you had to take him to the hospital.

I did leave some medicine for you and Nip for tonight I expect you might need it. I hope you boys have a great holiday.

Whitto
09-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Back home as well......Damp Depressed and a Doughnut....Monduran at the moment is like trying to pull teeth....no excuses the dam is not ready to give up any Barra compared to this time last year, The only concellation is that everyone is in the same boat.....As Daryl said it was a shocker last night came down in buckets, as storms go at Mondy it was about average but alot of people got a wet arse for there trouble......At least you got something out of your trip Daryl the accuracy of your sounder a shower and washing your clothes all in one foul swoop.....I have to say the Port tasting on Friday night was the best I ended up getting to bed a lot later than I had planned.......Daryl...Update on Naths little bloke, they got back to Mondy at lunch time and he's doing Ok, so thats good news......Thats all I have...Im hoping the storm last night was just the catalyst to switch the Barra on.......Just another trip to Mondy to forget......To those of you heading in the near future, go get em and have a ball......Whitto

BR65
09-11-2008, 06:12 PM
Whats up with Naths young fella Whitto???????

Whitto
09-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Whats up with Naths young fella Whitto??????? Asthma Brian.....alot of flowers full of pollen on the trees and of course the storm didn't help....Bloody hard work up there Brian as u well know...Im hoping the storm and rain has switched it on......Strangs as it may seem I still has a ball.....Whitto

BR65
09-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Bugger, hope he is allrite?

Sounds like the tuff bite continues.
Know what you mean about enjoying yourself though

Whitto
09-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Spoke to Nipsta's wife Mel.......Nath and Family got back to Mondy at lunchtime from the Hospital and he was doing OK......Whitto

BR65
09-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Spoke to Nipsta's wife Mel.......Nath and Family got back to Mondy at lunchtime from the Hospital and he was doing OK......Whitto

Good news mate

eotbmg
09-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Hope the young bloke makes a full recovery, stuff like that scares the shit out of you!!!
Bloody Monduran.... Did anyone hook up or lose one or drop one or anything.... God its soooo frustrating hearing that.....
Ben

DEANO68
09-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Hope the young bloke makes a full recovery, stuff like that scares the shit out of you!!!
Bloody Monduran.... Did anyone hook up or lose one or drop one or anything.... God its soooo frustrating hearing that.....
Ben

ben, chris got a mid size fish well after dark sat nite and matt also lost a bigger one...we where pissed by then.::)

Steve B
09-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Just got home from out there. Nipsta and Naths crew are all in bed. Naths young fella is OK as whitto said...the Asthma isnt playing up tonight. Havent seen Chis and Matt yet!! Still fishing late into the night!! keen lads....another big storm closing in now!!! Good to catch up with you again Deano. I wanted to get down and catch up with Dave and Daryl...but the wife had plans for me home early.....before daylight;)

cheers Steve.

Shame about the fishing fellas....Simon tells me a few were trolled up in the basin today....a few that is.

Whitto
10-11-2008, 05:51 AM
Just got home from out there. Nipsta and Naths crew are all in bed. Naths young fella is OK as whitto said...the Asthma isnt playing up tonight. Havent seen Chis and Matt yet!! Still fishing late into the night!! keen lads....another big storm closing in now!!! Good to catch up with you again Deano. I wanted to get down and catch up with Dave and Daryl...but the wife had plans for me home early.....before daylight;)

cheers Steve.

Shame about the fishing fellas....Simon tells me a few were trolled up in the basin today....a few that is. I was proberbly a good thing Steve that u missed Dave and Daryl this trip...they both had their special brew of Port (Medicinal Purposes) 8-)I have to say the 3 different brews were Magnificent....U would not have got home before daylight;D it's that Good......Whitto

BR65
16-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Saw a pic of Simons new PB on the mat on Friday nite.
The bar goes up a notch again!

Whitto
16-11-2008, 11:34 AM
I gather the fishing god's were not favourable Brian......It's hard work at the moment (Like I need to tell u).......The 1.26 of Simons is an absolute horse and good on him...that would have put anyone's back to the test.....The IBD continues mate:-[

BR65
16-11-2008, 12:07 PM
;D Fish are still there mate;D

No pics for me, I had 4 hits for 4 fish for 2 that went aerial and handed me back the HB on a plate, one that put me around a tree, snagged the lure and ripped himself loose, and one rather impressive beastie that I had boatside after the longest fight Ive ever had with a Mondy fish, before it took a final surge and gill plated thru the 80 leader. THAT one was my new PB, gooooone!
Still tuff fishing, but I wasnt complaining.:)

I think a lot of people at the moment are missing out because they arent fishing peak bite times in a tuff bite period. Its hard yards to be on the water and at your spot before the sun comes up, but there is definately a bite window (not exactly a secret here) right in that first pre dawn light, and last of the sunset.
17 hours on the water yesterday, and there was only 2 bite periods that I was privy to.
Dunno, just my thoughts, the last few runs up have seen it work that way