PDA

View Full Version : 1770 to Lady Musgrave

itsmango
27-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Just wondering if anyone has been form 1770 to Lady Musgrave and how far the trip actually is?

Also it looks so good is it very busy out there?

scrubba01
27-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Its about 50 klm not very busy and absolutely fantastic.

Mindi
27-10-2008, 06:20 PM
I have only been on a commercial charter and 50km sounds about right... and agree it is fantastic. Completely sheltered lagoon once you get there...quite a few backpackers camp out there hitching cheap rides from 1770 I think to snorkel etc as they are allowed to camp but I dont think any facilities

black runner
27-10-2008, 08:01 PM
I went out on a commercial cat and from memory it was about 30nm. The skipper did say that it can get rough in the lagoon simply because of the sheer size of it. The snorkeling is just fantastic.

Cheers

Spaniard_King
27-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Its actually 57klm to the entrance of lady musgrave from the 1770 bar. You don't want to go into LM lagoon in the dark unless you have been in there before :)

Horse
27-10-2008, 08:53 PM
completly sheltered lagoon once you get there...

If it blows up a bit the swell comes straight over the reef at high tide. It can throw up 1.5m of short nasty sea in there in 25+ knots. Great spot to go to though and wrell worth the trip

gofishin
27-10-2008, 09:48 PM
I went out to LM from 1770 in my boat just a few weeks ago, and from memory GPS Nav data was stating ~33nm from the ramp to the lagoon entry, so SK would be right (he's problably done that trip many times;D ). That was my first time, & I can say it is an absolutely fantastic trip. Kids were both crook on the way out but both said 'it was worth it'. Did a bit of fishing too, so the trip was longer, however this didn't change their minds either.

Have to agree that with high tides & wind/swell in the wrong direction the lagoon would probably be a bit uncomfortable. Hopefully this won't be the case next October!
cheers
PS. Go to the M&G section & check out the top thread. Posts from plenty of guys here that have been there heaps & know a bit about it. start from about page 30.