PDA

View Full Version : found the perfect touring holiday boat!

tunaticer
27-10-2008, 01:01 AM
I saw one of these boats over the weekend moored in Caboolture River and really liked the look of this alternative houseboat/cruiser. Did a google on them and bingo.....I can see myself touring in one of these things one day if i win lotto!

http://catchcryhamm.com/?q=node/18

The photos page is available from the side menu and reading the history of the builder and designer of the boat and its seatrials it looks to be a good seaworthy boat. Just the thing for a jaunt from Brissy to the Kimberlies.

Jack.

Razgo-
27-10-2008, 06:59 AM
That is the cat I was going to use as a blue print for the interior of my cat i just sold (12m LOA 4.7 beam) cat i just sold. It has the perfect interior layout i reckon.

nice boat for sure! here is the link to the photos http://catchcryhamm.com/old/photos.html

bennykenny
27-10-2008, 07:20 AM
bloody nice boat, what are they going for?

Benno1
27-10-2008, 08:16 AM
very nice...ive got nothing against the "square bears"...this has clean smooth lines...still has plenty of room...its the next rung up...would be interesting too see a price list...cheers for the post Jack :D

Mrs Benno1

Razgo-
27-10-2008, 08:28 AM
I would say over the 100K mark. Mine was gutted and was insured for 40K.

Noelm
27-10-2008, 09:20 AM
it would be the perfect live aboard, IF it was a few metres longer, 10 metres will get pretty cosy unless it is just a Husband and Wife team/crew, been there and done that, I guess the ideal size is 12 to 15 metres, but bigger is always better, but it then restricts you sometimes in other ways plus all the extra handling drama with a bigger Boat. Just my thoughts though, many will disagree, a lot of very simple things are forgotten when a "weekend cruiser" is used for a true live aboard, things like Washing machine, a PROPER shower, not those matchbox sized things that a single hair would block up!, a desalinator, you can never have enough water, electric stove (no gas will last forever, and is not always convenient to find in remote areas, lots of small but necessary things go to make up a live aboard, unless you stay in the marina then you are fine!

The-easyrider
27-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Many moons ago I had the good fortune to go sailing with Robin Chamberlin on one of his sirros (10m triamarn) if his power boats are half as good as his sail boats it will be a great machine

tunaticer
27-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Reads on his site he did a run from raby bay to lady musgrave island and back for an average of 1.1 litre per nautical mile. That is economical I think.

Jack.