PDA

View Full Version : New Boat

Mrs Ronnie H
26-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Hi All
Well after months of planning and a couple of months of waitng we finally took delivery of the new boat yesterday.

We settled for a Formosa 520 and a 2009 model 4 stroke Suzuki.
Altough it does look almost black in some of the photos it is actually Purple.
We have fitted a Furuno 620 Sounder, Navman/Northstar as it is now known 557 GPS, Aust wide C-Map. GME Marine Radio.
Also fitted Stainless Rod holders, Live bait tank and Kill tank, Frontt clears and had rear storm cover made also. LED side lights, Dual batteries, cig plug in dash for spotlight etc.

My mum reckons this should shut me up for at least a week ;D next all she will be hearibg is the weather is S***t.

Thanks Col for letting me know about the new model Suzuki-- think its a gem.

Ronnie

sum

Mindi
26-10-2008, 04:08 PM
Congratulations looks fantastic... my sort of boat. Very interested to hear performance and fuel economy ....jealous as all get out. Where did you get it from..? Coastal or AMC..?

Mrs Ronnie H
26-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Hi
The boys at Coastal really went out of their way to look after us. We were very particular with this boat and they made sure everything was exactly as we wanted it. The service was excellent and if you are looking go and see Keiran, Tim or Peter-- They will look after you 100%.

Ronnie

Chimo
26-10-2008, 05:21 PM
HI R

This one should be a little less of a handfull in the shallower stuff. Enjoy!

Cheers
Chimo

Fishbait
26-10-2008, 11:25 PM
Nice boat Ronnie - congratulations. My mate has a boat similar make and size (i think his is 5.35??) - its a very nice sea boat as well - go and enjoy it mate! Darren.

coucho
27-10-2008, 08:15 AM
Nice rig Ronnie I like the formosa's they make a good lookin Boat

-spiro-
27-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Ronnie i better tell John'o you refitted his boat out with out him knowing...lol
NICE

Mrs Ronnie H
27-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Hey Spiro
How are you.
Fitted it out and did he tell you-- he picked up most of the electronics for me cheaper than he got his.????? Spew Spew.

So Chris-- answer one question-- would you go fishing in a Purple boat cause Mark said he won't and won't go fishing with anyone with a pink fishing rod. :-*

Check out he Rego numbers chris-- I have personalised plates almost. (Ronnie Hughes)

LOL
Ronnie

PADDLES
28-10-2008, 07:13 AM
nice new ride ronnie. if that's your hubby in the photos, i was having a chat with him up at the servo the other weekend and he was saying you guys were getting a new boat with an '09 suzuki motor. he was asking how we liked our 140.

Mrs Ronnie H
28-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Hi Paddles
yep thats Bill. He said he was talking to someone about thieir motor.
We have a few things to fit --stainless rod holders etc but hope to be out for the first run on Sunday.

Do you come to beachmere often???

Ronnie

-spiro-
28-10-2008, 07:03 PM
lol Ronnie
Mark should be happy to get into anyones boat at the moment...

PADDLES
28-10-2008, 07:29 PM
i've been in beachy for about 12 years ronnie. i love it here. is the 5.5 formosa cc over the road from me a friend of yours? cos i've said g'day to bill again out the front of our place one day, i actually thought that the cc might have been your new boat.

Mrs Ronnie H
29-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Hey paddles
Are you in Lalroy cause if yo uare my parents live across the road. johnno keeps his boat there. We are down in moreton so not too far away.

Ronnie

PADDLES
30-10-2008, 08:39 AM
yeah that's us, straight over the road from your parents then. this weekend's looking like nice weather for the maiden voyage, enjoy.

Benno1
30-10-2008, 09:45 AM
nice rig Ronnie...im looking forward to a report and piccies...i for one will have my fingers crossed for some good weather in your neck of the woods...enjoy!!!
Cheers for the piccies :D

Mrs Benno1

Mrs Ronnie H
30-10-2008, 05:46 PM
Thanks guys

Hope weather is good for Sunday. We will be kicking around bay/Bribie somewhere.

Ronnie

Murks
31-10-2008, 01:57 PM
welcome to the FORMOSA club mate...enjoy
Brett

reel scream
31-10-2008, 04:18 PM
The boat looks good Ronnie. Well done. Just needs a good splashing of blood and some Rocky road squashed into the carpet.

Cheers Scott

Mrs Ronnie H
31-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Thats exactly what I thought would come from you scotty-- bloody rocky road-- you won't let me forget that one.

At least you guys can be assured I will make it to mission next time.

LOL
Ronnie

Richo1
31-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Nice boat! Will be really interested to hear how it goes. My father in law just bought a Bermuda island shore 490 with a 60hp mercury 4stroke on it. Max speed so far 23 knots.

Regards,

Richo

Mrs Ronnie H
05-11-2008, 11:06 AM
He Guys
Thanks for the replies.
Just thought i would give a little report of her maiden voyage.
Well the weather wasn't real good Sunday but we took her out anyway. A few trips up and down the Caboolture river just to clock some hours up on the motor.
Everything was great from taking her off the trailer to that first turn of the key. IT RUNS-- sorry guys but if you'd of known our last boat you would know how good it felt to turn the key and hear that motor purr like a baby.

After following the manual thing/instructions for that first two hours-- (How boring is it running in a motor when you just want to push that throttle and take off) We ventured out into the bay a little and took her up a few more revs-- Motor runs great and the boat is stable and handles like a dream. But I never had any doubts of that.
I think we made a good choice not only with the boat but with the four stroke as well. The 90 seems to be very well suited to the boat and will be interesting to see how it performs both power and fuel wise once the initial run in period is over.

All we need now is some finer weather to take her out on a longer run.
See you guys on the water

Ronnie

ps: no time for housework now-- does anyone know where i can find a housekeeper.

PADDLES
05-11-2008, 12:10 PM
isn't a modern 4s outboard a wonderful thing ronnie. you just turn the key and off she goes, you're flat out even hearing it running.

Mindi
05-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Ronnie...Keep posting, very interested to hear about top speed and cruising economy and getting out of the hole.

Donny Boy
05-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Top looking unit Ronnie.

May Hughie look after all who use her.

Mrs Ronnie H
05-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Paddles--
You're not wrong-- Could tell you a funny story right now about how you could stuff a new engine because you can't hear it running but will save it for a chat when we catch up across the road.
Check out this months bush and beach-- mark jones's report?????

Ronnie

PS Mindi will pm you when i have more info on speed and fuel. Right now just want to gwt that ten hours up so we can really find out what she can do.

tin can marlin
08-11-2008, 01:14 AM
Well done gee formosa are really makeing an impack on the market coastal power boats are great guys always have been always will be.

Mrs Ronnie H
08-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Well done gee formosa are really makeing an impack on the market coastal power boats are great guys always have been always will be.

i have to agree Formosa are making their mark and Duncan and the crew can be proud of each boat that comes off the production line. He was great with our boat and we wanted nothing less than perfect-- especially the paint job and it is.

Keiran and the crew at Coastal can also give themselves a well deserved pat on the back. Poor Tim-- I think he ended up with a few grey hairs by the time they finished with our boat.

The end product-- Worth waiting for. :D :D :D :D

Ronnie