PDA

View Full Version : offshore capable side console ???

bar raider
23-10-2008, 08:04 PM
hi all, am considering up-grading the the runabout to a side console fishing rig, with calm offshore capabilities similar to my current 4.75 bar raider.

but the options seem to be limited, the obvious one is the top ender 460/480 and makocraft and tabs do one too,
but who else makes em this style??

plenty of hornet style ones but not as many with high sides and pod.

any one seen the new allycraft pro's ??

thanks all.

ozbee
24-10-2008, 08:08 AM
think carefully i am a great believer in side consoles like mine up to 4.75 meters but after that im very much favour centre consoles , a lot drier also seat esky configure kicks in which is hard to beat. the boat width is wider so easy to walk around balance more central which helps in a swell trolling and fishing etc.

frankgrimes
24-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Hey mate - Polycraft do a 4.8 in SC(As well as CC, Cuddy and Rear CC)

http://www.polycraft.com.au/480-brumbie.php

Mick

pedrodepacus
24-10-2008, 05:06 PM
hey mate heres a couple of pictures of a 4.6 side console we r just finishing its a 4mm plate bottom 3mm sided boat custom built for my mate mal he is puttin a 70 suzuki 4st on the back its got a beam of 2350 and 18 degrees deadrise your welcome to come have a look if your on the coast we are finishing it off over the weekend

nigelr
24-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Wow, that is a beautiful piece of work!
Cheers.

dreemon
24-10-2008, 05:29 PM
I've seen it and would own it in a heartbeat, A very sturdy and horny vessel !

bar raider
24-10-2008, 08:04 PM
think carefully i am a great believer in side consoles like mine up to 4.75 meters but after that im very much favour centre consoles , a lot drier also seat esky configure kicks in which is hard to beat. the boat width is wider so easy to walk around balance more central which helps in a swell trolling and fishing etc.

have thought long and hard about CC's as well, but its offshore work will be minimal compare to estuary / river / bay and dam work and i just dont want to lose its capability for doing so.

hadn't thought of the poly better take a look,

any others people can recommend??

bluefin59
25-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Have a look at the bluefin range they do them in sideconsole and with or without pods ,go to there web site jusst google bluefin boats they are plenty wide and have high sides .I take my predator out side it doesn't have the pod and have never had a problem i think the pods start at 4.5mt 4.75 and 5 mt have a look at the site you get a lot of boat for the money ...matt

bar raider
25-10-2008, 02:11 PM
yeah have heard of the new dominator pro from bluefin sold as a "tournament rig" haven't seen one in the flesh yet though.

bluefin59
25-10-2008, 03:14 PM
Most of the tourny style boats have the decks up under the gunnels which wouldn't be to good in an offshore situation imo the cobia model is similar to mine with high sides but with the pod and gives you a bit more saftey . The bluefins are made on the gold coast and i see you are from there so maybe you could go to the factory and have a look but a lot of things on a fin are standard features that other brands call extras have a look for yourself a good quality boat at a reasonable price ...matt

Ocean_Spirit
25-10-2008, 11:49 PM
Mate,

Have a look at one of these new baby Seafarer's:

http://www.seafarerboats.com/content.aspx?pageID=48&mainID=2&subID=39

More information on construction on the main site, but a very solid boat.

Brejen
26-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Im with nigelr and dreemon the new 460 platey from VIPER is an awesome looking boat no dout, and the builder Phil has no problem sitting down with the buyer to work out the best rig setup. Each boat is made to order.

Has to be worth a look thats for sure "looking free remember".

Brett

pedrodepacus
27-10-2008, 08:18 AM
heres a couple more pics shows the kill tank and mals dash layout and the speakers of course

charlieash
27-10-2008, 10:47 AM
try a trailcraft self draining decks a side console you can stand up at and still easy use the wheel and looks a very tough boat

lamontsa
27-10-2008, 12:52 PM
I took delivery of a 5m tabs territory pro side console a few months ago. had a look at the same size in a centre console, but time you get the esky/seat infront of the CC, there's not too much room left up front.... SC has 4 removable swivel seats, loads of room for 3 folk. great in the creeks, and not too wet outside in the chop, has the spray chines which help a lot and high sides too..........

cheers
lambo

Blueroo
27-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Ive got a Bluefin Bowrider (5.25m) that's Ok outside on a good day. Its not quite a side console.
Bought it because its a good economical all-rounder.
Cheers
Stue

Assasin
27-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Hi Mate

Check out the new release from The haines Group. The new "Rivale" boat they are building is sensational. It is availale as a Signature, Seafarer or Haines Traveler. I have been lucky enough to have been in a couple of different configerations of this boat now and put simply "You will not find better".
This boat comes into it own offshore and don't let the low side put you off this thing is as sea worthy as they come. This boat will blow you away if you can get your bum in one.

Brejen
28-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Went down to Viper today to look at my new hull and looks as tho i may now have gotten myself one of these new 460's. They have been making one for a customer that has now pulled out so i might just have to add this to my collection if its not sold before it's finished.....

Dad where is your cheque book
Brett

pedrodepacus
08-11-2008, 07:22 AM
well shes gone you will see mal blasting around near the pin say gday hes a nice fella

ozbee
08-11-2008, 09:01 AM
sit your side console as far back as you can but still enough to swivel and fish .will sure help to save a sore arse in the bumps.