PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

Mindi
21-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Has anyone checked out boat insurance market recently for trailerboats..? Are Club Marine competitive..? who has found the best deal...not the cheapest necesssarily.

Mike Delisser
21-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Suncorp offer a multiple policy discount (up to 10%) wich isn't hard to get if you stick to the same mob for all your insurances. And that's 10% off the top of every policy.
Car x 2 - 3rd party on car rego x2 - house - house contents - boat, adds up to a fair bit.
And my boat came in alot cheaper than Club Marine
Cheers
Mike

PADDLES
21-10-2008, 12:56 PM
club marine are expensive but have some good features not included with other insurers. ie. engine damage. we use racq ourselves (they're all owned by suncorp these days anyway). the go is to roll as much insurance into the one company as possible to get the maximum discounts.

Aunty Jack
25-10-2008, 12:43 PM
l got a quote the other month from RACQ $186 would cover me for $7500
CHARTER BOAT WHAT CHARTER BOAT

Rod_Bender
26-10-2008, 07:55 AM
I have just placed my new boat under Suncorp. My little tinny is still with RACQ. Like above, multiple policies will give you the 10% off BUT, they also asked me if i was a member of a fishing club which then gave a further 20% off again. 55k cost me around $430 from memory.

Mindi
26-10-2008, 08:10 AM
I have just placed my new boat under Suncorp. My little tinny is still with RACQ. Like above, multiple policies will give you the 10% off BUT, they also asked me if i was a member of a fishing club which then gave a further 20% off again. 55k cost me around $430 from memory.

Thats pretty good ...for $30K package I have been quoted from $430 to $460 but havent treid Suncorp yet so will do so. Thanks.

Mrs Ronnie H
26-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Hi
I just renewed with RACQ as we bought the new boat. We have insured all our safety gear, Sounder, GPS etc. Rate was great and we also received a 20% discount as we have 3 cars insured with them and also RACQ members.

Ronnie

winston
26-10-2008, 08:00 PM
I would hate you to think that I would take this opportunity to slag off at Club Marine but I will. Do they know anything about boat insurance? Club Marine will take your money for the first years insurance on a brand new package and then ask you for a marine surveyors report to renew it. Why woul I pay for a surveyors report on an essentially new boat? This has happened to me on two occasions. On each occasion I have then reinsured with Suncorp. I wopuld have thought that an insurance company that would want your business would have a basic understanding of boats. My thoughts on insurance? you are alwas covered until you claim!

PinHead
27-10-2008, 05:16 AM
As I have said before when insurance is mentioned...I would not insure with Club, RACQ or Suncorp. read their PDS. They all state they pay out on "market value" or "agreed or market value, whichever is the lesser". I much prefer to pay a bit more and have guaranteed agreed value.