PDA

View Full Version : Prowler Elite or X Factor

Duane Walker
20-10-2008, 07:02 PM
I am considering two 2nd hand yaks and the choice is between a year old Prowler Elite with some extras and a older Malibu X factor with more extras.

I am 6ft weigh 120KG and have never been anywhere near a yak before, use will mainly be in Moreton Bay and the creeks with some offshore work when I have more experience and am fitter.

The major difference I can see is in the width with the Prowler being significantly narrower how does this affect stability?

couta1
20-10-2008, 08:30 PM
generally,they narrower the kayak...the less stable they tend to be.fom the areas u say u want to fish and the fish you hope to target...i would think they would more than well suit your application

Duane Walker
21-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Problem solved I decided on the X factor as it came with more goodies and is more stable for a klutz

JACK_O
08-11-2008, 10:26 AM
Duane i'm about to buy a couple of yaks also and my choices have come down to both those models you spoke of but as i'm brisbane based i think the deciding factor for me is that the malibu x-13 is too hard to purchase here on the east coast without selling your first born to pay for freight . They really need to make them available on the east coast but meanwhile i will have to spend my cash on the ocean kayak prowler elite 4.5

Albee_Mangles
20-11-2008, 04:26 PM
JackO the x-13 is certainly a great kayak, some of the WA boys are putting through there paces over here, and they are performing well.

Worth the wait mate, get hold of the WA Rep for Malibu (Fishyak) and i'm sure he can help you out.

Brett O