PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on 5m Brooker

Crusty Sea Dog
19-10-2008, 08:54 AM
I am looking at buying a 5m Brooker Safari next year. :D

Does anyone out there have one or know someone with one, I am wanting to know there thoughts on them.

Local_Guy
19-10-2008, 09:10 AM
Mate, i bought mine at the start of the year. I have the 460 Freedom.

I couldn't recommend the boat highly enough and still too this day i love my boat on the water.

It is stable in rough weather, at anchor and over choppy seas. up the creek i've had me and a big fella standing on one side of the boat to see how stable it was and it felt like the boat was flat in the water.

i bought mine with a 40hp st 3cyl Mercury and it pushes my boat along at 25kts (46km'h).

the price of these boats is probably the best standout feature, you save about 30% over most other brands... compare the same boat in a quintrex and you'll see what i mean.

best of luck with your new purchase.

manchild
19-10-2008, 10:08 AM
Mate have one back at the dealer,its bend from about 3/4 to the nose with 6 hours use only.Didnt hit anything or even beach the boat.The bloke at the dealer first said its normal:o ,we just said ok mate we just gonna leave it here ,call us when you got an answer from the factory .We asked him to look at the boat on the trailer its maybe the way the rollrers setup and with the strap push it down this things happen.The boat doesnt look defective or poorly made .I have a feeling his issue is with the dealer.Cant disclose any names as yet ,but the attitude of this well known dealer were less than impressive.
George

can be a oneoff so dont be put off i know of blokes who happy with the brooker

gawby
19-10-2008, 10:19 AM
CSD

We bought a 5m brooker from the boat show 12 mts ago
and havent had a problem with it.
My son mainly uses it and he does the river and canals
quite often and loves it.
He has also been out to the 36s of southport with it and had
no problems.
It is powered by a 40 2/s yamaha.
I think you would be happy with it.

Graeme

boogsboat
19-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Hi Crusty,

I have a 5m Discovery centre console bought december last year, and I love it. I had a couple of alterations done like raising the height of the motor splashwell and I got it painted black. Mine has a 60 Yammy 4 stroke on the back and would have liked an 80 but they arent rated for them. You may be able to get it upgraded for this. For the money I think you would be hard pressed to find a boat as good. Mine cost 19k boat motor trailer package with lights and basic safety gear. They don't do underfloor fuel tanks which is a big pain in the arse butI lengthened the fuel line and my tank know sits in the cc and the spare goes in the nose to keep the wait forward. If you have any further question PM me

Nathan

trev1
19-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Brooker have alwaysn been a good honest no frills boat. My brother has a 5m safari tiller steer with a 60 yammie 4 str and he regularly goes out to the reefs off Bowen with it. They are a bit blunt in the nose and dont take short chop too well but they are a lot better than the clark abalones used to be.

Crusty Sea Dog
19-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Hi Crusty,

I have a 5m Discovery centre console bought december last year, and I love it. I had a couple of alterations done like raising the height of the motor splashwell and I got it painted black. Mine has a 60 Yammy 4 stroke on the back and would have liked an 80 but they arent rated for them. You may be able to get it upgraded for this. For the money I think you would be hard pressed to find a boat as good. Mine cost 19k boat motor trailer package with lights and basic safety gear. They don't do underfloor fuel tanks which is a big pain in the arse butI lengthened the fuel line and my tank know sits in the cc and the spare goes in the nose to keep the wait forward. If you have any further question PM me

Nathan

Thanks for your reply Nathan, I have had 1 person say they don't do underfloor fuel tanks but I have spoken to the dealer and they said they would do one for me so we will see what happens.

Crusty Sea Dog
19-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Mate, i bought mine at the start of the year. I have the 460 Freedom.

I couldn't recommend the boat highly enough and still too this day i love my boat on the water.

It is stable in rough weather, at anchor and over choppy seas. up the creek i've had me and a big fella standing on one side of the boat to see how stable it was and it felt like the boat was flat in the water.

i bought mine with a 40hp st 3cyl Mercury and it pushes my boat along at 25kts (46km'h).

the price of these boats is probably the best standout feature, you save about 30% over most other brands... compare the same boat in a quintrex and you'll see what i mean.

best of luck with your new purchase.

Thanks mate, yeah i have spent 2 years looking at nearly every boat there and have found the brooker to be the most value for money. Can't seem to go past it.

bugman
19-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Yep,

Got the 5m discovery in open tiller with a 60hp Yamaha 4 stroke. It's 12 months old now and has been everywhere from offshore Mooloolaba to Tasmania highland Lakes to off the sourthern Continental Shelf (SE Tas).

Makes an awesome big platform for casting lures, fly fishing or diving.

Can't fault the thing and it's been towed from QLD to Tassie and back to QLD with heaps of places in between and no bends, buckles or scrapes.

Oh one thing - piss the trailer lights off from their stupid position above the back cross support. Doesn't take much wind to have the boat blow into them on retrieval.

Brett

Local_Guy
19-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Hi Crusty,

Nathan

i almost bought that boat too, but just outside my price range. i paid $17,400 for my boat with full safety gear, epirb(analogue), etc, etc.

would have loved teh 60hp, but once again just outside my price range.. i'm getting 60km / 25L @ 46km'h so i'm not complaining

boogsboat
20-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Hi Crusty,

Get ready for the price on the underfloor tank, My dealer did everything dirt cheap for me so I believed him when I was looking at between 500 and 800 to have custom tank manufactured and fitted hence running 2 25l tanks. The internal ribs in the boat are only about 350mm apart so you end up with a really wide tank. It is still on the wish list to get done. Just need to be able to valdate the price and work out how I will get the pick up and all bits and pieces in under the floor in the narrow gap. I have done every thing else to the boat so this is the last thing to be done.

Nathan

Crusty Sea Dog
20-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Yep,

Got the 5m discovery in open tiller with a 60hp Yamaha 4 stroke. It's 12 months old now and has been everywhere from offshore Mooloolaba to Tasmania highland Lakes to off the sourthern Continental Shelf (SE Tas).

Makes an awesome big platform for casting lures, fly fishing or diving.

Can't fault the thing and it's been towed from QLD to Tassie and back to QLD with heaps of places in between and no bends, buckles or scrapes.

Oh one thing - piss the trailer lights off from their stupid position above the back cross support. Doesn't take much wind to have the boat blow into them on retrieval.

Brett

Cheers brett sounds like you have done alot of miles with yours.
Just wondering if you got the brooker trailer or not and with skids or rollers? If you got skids is it still fairly easy to get on and off. Also is yours painted if so how has it held up? Thanks.

Crusty Sea Dog
20-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Hi Crusty,

Get ready for the price on the underfloor tank, My dealer did everything dirt cheap for me so I believed him when I was looking at between 500 and 800 to have custom tank manufactured and fitted hence running 2 25l tanks. The internal ribs in the boat are only about 350mm apart so you end up with a really wide tank. It is still on the wish list to get done. Just need to be able to valdate the price and work out how I will get the pick up and all bits and pieces in under the floor in the narrow gap. I have done every thing else to the boat so this is the last thing to be done.

Nathan

Nathan 5 to 800 sounds alright I got quoted 1100 for the tank think Iwill give it a miss to.