PDA

View Full Version : Help with jonno 25

Sheik
17-10-2008, 08:22 AM
Hey,
My brother out at Wynnum is having trouble with a Jonno 25. Kicks off but stops like it's starved for fuel. TOok the carbie off and cleaned the jets (one was blocked) but still the same deal. Is it possible its the diaphragm in there with a hole in it, or maybe a little hole in the fuel line. Any ideas fellas? Runs for three seconds then just cuts out.

Noelm
17-10-2008, 08:29 AM
3 seconds and cuts out seems like a fuel block for sure, (but not always) does it still run with the choke on? does it run if you keep priming the bulb? try a new fuel tank and hose, is the Motor filter clean? does it have the adjustable mixture on the carby? check all those things, redo the carby very carefully and make double sure all the passages and the jets are clear, it is a pretty simple Motor, but be careful when you pull things to bits.

Noelm
17-10-2008, 10:48 AM
I guess I should elaborate a bit, if you pump the primer bulb while it is running, you have in fact by passed the fuel pump, if it runs with the choke out, it is sucking in extra fuel and/or less air, the mixture screw could be too tight, or been tightened too much and snapped off in the carby, so any adjustment does nothing, also the small filter in the Motor can be blocked or full of sh!t.

Roughasguts
17-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Prime the carbys, then drain the fuel bowl on the carby's to see if fuel is there! if not you jammed your needle and seat in one of the carbs, and that won't allow fuel to go through.

Aunty Jack
17-10-2008, 11:59 AM
is the breather open on the fuel tank
and is the primer bulb working properly.

Sheik
17-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the suggestions boys, much appreciated. I will pass these on to him to see what he thinks and get abck to you. again, thanks heaps

Roughasguts
18-10-2008, 08:22 AM
Hey,
My brother out at Wynnum is having trouble with a Jonno 25. Kicks off but stops like it's starved for fuel. TOok the carbie off and cleaned the jets (one was blocked) but still the same deal. Is it possible its the diaphragm in there with a hole in it, or maybe a little hole in the fuel line. Any ideas fellas? Runs for three seconds then just cuts out.

Should of eliminated the spark plugs first! there probably fouled by now with all the fuel and oil being stuck to them.

Anyway see if there both wet, to see if theres fuel there, if they are good spray them with carby clean or put new ones in, and try starting again.

If that still doesn't work, wrap the spark plug in a bit of rag thats had a bit of petrol on it and set it a light. ( I should have a safety warning here somewhere) Once the plug has warmed up a little, put them straight back in and try starting the motor again. (don't burn your self! or the house down, there it is token safety warning)

When all else has failed that weird trick has always seen me through with re-built motors that are tight and won't start.

Sheik
18-10-2008, 11:37 AM
Thanks Roughas ..but you abviously don't read QLd fishing monthly. If you did, you would know suggesting that to one of the Dudds is not only asking for trouble, it's actually putting it on backorder and emailing a reminder notice

tunaticer
18-10-2008, 03:31 PM
Check the connection between the fuel line and the motor for airleaks.

I removed the connector on my motor and run the line directly from the primer bulb at the tank to the pump in the motor. Never had the problem again (it was doing exactly as you described).

Jack.