PDA

View Full Version : Stiffy Chameleon

NAGG
16-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Hi Ausfishers & barra enthusiasts

What do you think of my tricked up stiffy ?

36557 36559 36558

Yes I am sick , Yes I have too much time on my hand & Yes I have IBD ;D

Cheers

Nagg

mikooh
16-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Ha Ha.. we did that to a some boomerangs and rapala shadraps a few years ago... the cod and yellas in Pindari loved them (nearly as much as we did)

Ours were the purple/gold/blue- is yours the blue/green/purple?

Looks good!!

Mick

NAGG
16-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Ha Ha.. we did that to a some boomerangs and rapala shadraps a few years ago... the cod and yellas in Pindari loved them (nearly as much as we did)

Ours were the purple/gold/blue- is yours the blue/green/purple?

Looks good!!

Mick

Purple /green / blue ............ i'll see how they go ( the reflectance is really good)

Chris

Steve B
16-10-2008, 08:27 PM
Love em Chris!!!

Awesome colours. As you said, just make sure they have that 'reflective' quality...it is a major key!!

cheers steve

rc@hinze
16-10-2008, 08:39 PM
What sort of paint do you use Chris? Does it have any special characteristics? I have been using nail polish on my bass lures with good success.

NAGG
16-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Love em Chris!!!

Awesome colours. As you said, just make sure they have that 'reflective' quality...it is a major key!!

cheers steve

Thanks steve

Yes they do stand out & the reflectance is really really good ........ So much so - that the camera flash was unusable.
I'm a big fan of purple & green in lures ....... so this could be a cracker on bright sunny days
I'm going to do some other lures in different interference pigments - something different

I've gotta kill time someway :P

Chris

Tropicaltrout
16-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Yes top stuff Chris, I love seeing what blokes like us can do when we have a moment of time to act on our thoughts. It will work a charm...

Nath

NAGG
16-10-2008, 08:47 PM
What sort of paint do you use Chris? Does it have any special characteristics? I have been using nail polish on my bass lures with good success.

OK ..... i'll give my secret away:P

Its not paint

I'm using the raw light interference pearl pigment ........ brushed onto the lure & coated with a automotive clear acrylic topcoat ..... & then I repeat the process ...... followed by another two coats of clear!

These pigments are ..... unbelievably expensive ( auto quality)

Chris

NAGG
16-10-2008, 08:52 PM
Yes top stuff Chris, I love seeing what blokes like us can do when we have a moment of time to act on our thoughts. It will work a charm...

Nath

Ta nath ........ I'm going to eventually work out how to get these pigments into silicone & mould some soft plastics .......... i have a white that flicks to blue that would be awesome ..... & golds to die for :P

Chris

flairj
16-10-2008, 09:05 PM
sorry sorry

Big_Ren
16-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Spectacular Chris...you have way way way too much time:o

Steve B
16-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Thanks steve

Yes they do stand out & the reflectance is really really good ........ So much so - that the camera flash was unusable.
I'm a big fan of purple & green in lures ....... so this could be a cracker on bright sunny days
I'm going to do some other lures in different interference pigments - something different

I've gotta kill time someway :P

Chris

Purple and green rock..... after all, green is the colour of blood under water!!

That sounds like a pretty awesome finish on the stiffs. I would be very interested to see the results in real life!! They will catch fish too I reckon.

cheers steve

NAGG
17-10-2008, 05:47 AM
Purple and green rock..... after all, green is the colour of blood under water!!

That sounds like a pretty awesome finish on the stiffs. I would be very interested to see the results in real life!! They will catch fish too I reckon.

cheers steve

I reckon the stiffy with that big wide action ..... combined with the changing shade (light & dark) will act as a big neon sign to the barra "Help Help .... I'm hurt ... dont eat me!" - Which hopefully will get a barra excited ...... & boof

lets see ....... I'm going to cast it today to see what it looks like in the water

Chris

NAGG
17-10-2008, 05:52 AM
Spectacular Chris...you have way way way too much time:o

Hi Paul

I went to see the guy that makes the plastic mud guards that I destroyed ...... & while I got some freebies ........ I'm going to sling him some of these interference pigments to make some special guards for me ....... + he can market these to the trailer manufacturers

Now that will look cool ........ & make any doof doof wake board dude ..... or certain flash barra boat owners proud;)

Chris

Little grey men
17-10-2008, 08:04 AM
Hot rod stiffies ay ? Nice work Chris. I hope you catch big tough barra with slicked back hair do's and bad attitudes on those little bad boys....Daddyo !
You've gotta do one with a flame job. Go on, you know you want to.

Big_Ren
17-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Hi Paul

I went to see the guy that makes the plastic mud guards that I destroyed ...... & while I got some freebies ........ I'm going to sling him some of these interference pigments to make some special guards for me ....... + he can market these to the trailer manufacturers

Now that will look cool ........ & make any doof doof wake board dude ..... or certain flash barra boat owners proud;)

Chris

Make sure you get him to make those guards Nagg proof Chris....and monkey proof I guess;D Will be a nice bit of boat bling for ya.

Cheers
Paul

BR65
18-10-2008, 08:20 AM
Hot rod stiffies ay ? Nice work Chris. I hope you catch big tough barra with slicked back hair do's and bad attitudes on those little bad boys....Daddyo !
You've gotta do one with a flame job. Go on, you know you want to.

Go on mate, if only for the bling factor

NAGG
18-10-2008, 09:48 AM
Go on mate, if only for the bling factor

A Flamin chameleon stiffy :P

Whitto
18-10-2008, 09:55 AM
Im thinking Dayglo with LED enhancement's;D