PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Fished Peter Faust

wilco
15-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Heading up to Peter faust next week just wondering if anyone has fished it recently? I'll be up there for 5 days staying at camp kanga, 7 more sleeps till me and a couple of mates head off ;D and it's not coming quick enough.

Awoonga
15-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Heading up to Peter faust next week just wondering if anyone has fished it recently? I'll be up there for 5 days staying at camp kanga, 7 more sleeps till me and a couple of mates head off ;D and it's not coming quick enough. Well since the comp last weekend its been blowing a gale... Mate of mine is still up there and l get a daliy update... He is still hoping to get out on the dam if the wind drops below 25 knots :'( :'( He will give it untill monday then he,s coming back to Awoonga... As far as fishing goes .... below par a few small fish 35mm...:'(

mylestom
15-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Your best bet is to give Lindsay Dobe a ring at Proserpine Bait and Tackle. Good info and the latest about what going on from the local expert.

Regards
Trev

wilco
15-10-2008, 03:11 PM
All i can do is hope we hit it good when we get up there.

wilco
15-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Your best bet is to give Lindsay Dobe a ring at Proserpine Bait and Tackle. Good info and the latest about what going on from the local expert.

Regards
Trev

Just spoke to lindsay he confirmed what awoonga's reply was about the heavy winds and the small amount of fish caught last weekend and that by next week the water could have warmed back up, i guess every day is different. Thanks again trev i'm going to drop in and see him on my way thru to the dam, he said he'd sort me out.

Whitto
15-10-2008, 03:56 PM
I guess if things are filthy at Faust you can always try your luck at Awoonga and the Mighty Monduran.....If I was travelling from Sydney thats what I would be doing....drag as much out of your trip u possibly can.....Have a great trip.... Whitto

wilco
15-10-2008, 04:23 PM
I guess if things are filthy at Faust you can always try your luck at Awoonga and the Mighty Monduran.....If I was travelling from Sydney thats what I would be doing....drag as much out of your trip u possibly can.....Have a great trip.... Whitto

I'm also fishing hinchinbrook after peter faust for about 2 weeks starting at lucinda, we are getting a charter the second day we are up there, so we get a bit of an idea of which way to head. Then after lucinda probably camp a few days on the island then head back possibly stopping at awoonga.

Andrew M
15-10-2008, 09:26 PM
You lucky lucky bast---d, hope you have a good time.

Cheers Andrew

wilco
16-10-2008, 07:02 AM
when i get back i'll post a report, and thanks to all you guys who have replied.
Fingers crossed i'll get that metrey.;D

Kev_McC
18-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Mate we went alright last week up the river arm of the dam, fishing timber adjacent to weed beds in under 3m of water. If you get a hit or see a fish, persist in that area with a few lure changes. Work the shallower margins in low light, and concentrate on the timber during the day. Tough fishin with big southeasterlies last week, but tying up to trees and thoroughly working an area makes it a bit easier
good luck
cheers, kev

wilco
19-10-2008, 04:10 PM
what lures did you change to in these areas.

NAGG
19-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Just spoke to someone up there at the moment ........ Its blowin its a-- off & has done for the last couple of weeks - - - - - Virtually unfiishable

Chris

Kev_McC
20-10-2008, 06:44 AM
The wind certainly makes it tougher but if you can find a peice of bank with good healthy weed growth and a bit of relatively open water near good snags, it can actually help. Pick a well situated tree, tie up with a slip knot and make long searching casts with the wind...
We started with weedless plastics or B52s, before moving to 8 and 12 foot barra baits tp run through the newly submerged snags. All the fish we found were on timber rather than weed, and some of them came after 20 or more casts to the same spot.

wilco
20-10-2008, 09:46 AM
Just spoke to lindsay at prosopine bait and tackle he was saying the forecast will be good by thursday, fingers crossed. But you know these foecasts.