PDA

View Full Version : Quintrex 590

henno
14-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Hi folks - I am looking at purchasing a Quintrex 590 Freedom Sport. I presently have a 480 Freedom Sport that is powered by a 90 Mercury 4 stroke. This motor is strong enough to pull my son out of the water on 1 ski but great for two skis though. I am looking at the 590 as it can take a 150 Mercury optimax and this should do the trick easily. I do have some concerns though and would like and value people's opinions. One concern and the main one is the sheer size of this boat. I fish quite a bit by myself and was wondering about getting the thing in and out of the water by myself. The 480 is a piece of cake but is obviously much smaller. I prsently use a power winch and would definitely use this one the 590. The other concern is the optimax versus a four stroke for fishing purposes. I don't want a verado with the supercharger thing but a yammy or suzuki seem like good options. I often take kids to Lake Macquarie after flathead and blue swimmer crabs and the motor spends a deal of time iddling. How is the optimax at idle , is it smoky?Look forward to your responses;D

The-easyrider
14-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Hi Henno
I had a stacer 525 easyrider and now have a 650 sea legend and dont have any problem launching or retriveing buy myself and without a power winch. Only times I get into trouble is when a new deckie is trying to be helpfull and pushs the boat into the wrong poisition or leaves the whinch handle on::) Dont know about the optimax but did have a 115hp di 2 stroke evinrude on the stacer and could idle around Monduran all day and not get a wiff of smoke, then jump on the throttle full stick to go home no problem.

henno
15-10-2008, 07:32 AM
Thanks Easyrider. Do you drive your boat onto your trailer or mainly winch it on?

The-easyrider
15-10-2008, 08:16 AM
The easyrider always got winched on the sea legend was being winched on although the last two times I drove it on ;D once on rather windy noosa river and the other time on a still day at rudy mars but if buy my self would still whinch on for now