PDA

View Full Version : Clarence Bass ?

muggles
14-10-2008, 08:54 AM
Hi All ,
Just wondering if there has been many bass caught in the clarence lately .
Particularly around Copmanhurst , thinking about heading down that way in
the next few weeks . Any info would be great

Cheers Mark :)

Pete62
14-10-2008, 10:12 AM
Hi Mark, I fish up there a bit, but not this season so far. R u intending to go downstream from Copmanhurst? If u r keen to do an overnighter and u can arrange 2 cars there is some great water from Lillydale down to Copmanhurst, give me a PM if u want more details.
For water levels and if they r catching any give the pub a call(66473125) I think the publicans name is Mark, usually giving with info.
Good luck, Pete.

muggles
14-10-2008, 10:51 AM
Gday Pete
Thanks alot for your reply . I have fished between Lilydale and Copmanhurst
before and have done ok , although it was September . Would the warmer
weather this month make the bass fire a bit more ?
Cheers Mark

Pete62
14-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Mate, they should be starting to come on the chew by now. We have had some rain and the storms have followed and that seems to be when it will start. U can check water levels at www.waterinfo.nsw.gov.au (http://www.waterinfo.nsw.gov.au) We tend to target early morning and late arvo/night with Jitterbugs etc, also if it rains get back up on the surface as well. During the day it's all about getting in as tight as u can to the snags.
Cheers, Pete.
What about the Gorge? ever been up there?

muggles
14-10-2008, 11:10 AM
Thanks again Pete
The Gorge is on my "to do" list , sounds like a magic spot .
i'll let you know how i go at Copmanhurst .
Cheers !:)

Procraft
14-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Hi Muggles,
Just to let you know if you are planning to be fishing that area on the weekend of the 25th of October there will be a comp on at that time involving 60 odd boats. Their boundaries are from Copmanhusrt downstream to rogan's bridge and up the Orara arm to the other bridge. Might be an idea to avoid that area on that weekend and maybe for a little while after as a few fish might be pricked and a bit shy for a while.
Cheers

muggles
15-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the heads up Procraft,
I might have to give it a miss until mid/late November .
Is the comp an ABT comp or just a local gathering ?
cheers Mark

Pete62
15-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Mate, from what I know it's def not an ABT, but they do get a s**tload of bodies up there.
If u r planning a trip in November I would be keen, keep me in the loop.
Cheers, Pete.

Procraft
23-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Hi Muggles &Pete,
Pete you right this is not an ABT comp. It used to be run by Peter Russell from Mo Tackle and is now put together by John who owns and runs the big tackle shop in Grafton. It is great comp. which I have fished in from the very 1st one and lok foward to it every year. It is the only wild Bass fishing I seem to do these days. Monies raised form the comp. goes to the purchase of fingerlings which are put into the Clarance river system.
Cheers Procraft:)