PDA

View Full Version : Barra in Novemeber IBD Treatment

nipsta
13-10-2008, 06:13 PM
Hi all i decide to keep a daily check on when i will next hit mondy and awoonga and it is 25 days to go before 8 days of pure fun and no work bring on the novemeber barra fishing and a few bass too if so be it oh of course mondy trout
iyd say that will be my last trip until bub is born . unless i get to duck up at christmas for a few days then i reckon i might be lucky to escape for a day or too just after bub is born has anyone seen the new map and is it easy to put the info into your gps

DEANO68
13-10-2008, 06:21 PM
hey simon, do you have a powered site for your trip???? if so we might go un powered and just charge the leccy of a leed if that ok...only be sat nite...
deano..

nipsta
13-10-2008, 06:24 PM
hey simon, do you have a powered site for your trip???? if so we might go un powered and just charge the leccy of a leed if that ok...only be sat nite...
deano..
yeah we have a powered site for sure so no probs who is coming josh i gather
i will taking it easy saturday and having a good crack sunday saturday ill go ut for a look but go hard from sunday on

DEANO68
13-10-2008, 06:35 PM
yeah we have a powered site for sure so no probs who is coming josh i gather
i will taking it easy saturday and having a good crack sunday saturday ill go ut for a look but go hard from sunday on

josh not coming this time little bub due that week,, the fred is coming this time..be there friday evening..quick trip but hey gotta do it..thanks deano..

NAGG
13-10-2008, 07:05 PM
Yeh ... we have a powered site at the Muster area ....... need to stay away from the nomads;)

Chris

DEANO68
13-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Yeh ... we have a powered site at the Muster area ....... need to stay away from the nomads;)

Chris

are you there friday nite chris..??? no it wont be a late nite8-)

Tropicaltrout
13-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Powered site, there 8th for a fun, fishy and relaxing 16 days will fish depending on who comes up for the weekend on the sunday. saturday I intend on building a nice camp for my family,:D then fish hardish for around the whole trip;D

Keep a eye out if for us if your non powered over the time feel free to wander over for a chat (beer) and a re-power of the leccy battery. Most know the hat but I will have a flag up with yamaha on it.:)

To all travelling safe journey and hope to see you there;)

Nath

BR65
13-10-2008, 07:52 PM
Nath, have you booked a seperate site for the hat mate????

16 days of camping and fishing, man, I could only dream....

Tropicaltrout
13-10-2008, 08:07 PM
hehehe Yeah mate we need plenty of shade.....

nipsta
13-10-2008, 08:23 PM
ah the barra no work issuse to deal with doesnt get any better then

NAGG
14-10-2008, 05:46 AM
are you there friday nite chris..??? no it wont be a late nite8-)

Yeh , we should be there mid afternoon ......... set up camp & go for a quick fish for hopefully a sunset bite ( I've ordered the same conditions:P )

Chris

NAGG
14-10-2008, 05:48 AM
Powered site, there 8th for a fun, fishy and relaxing 16 days will fish depending on who comes up for the weekend on the sunday. saturday I intend on building a nice camp for my family,:D then fish hardish for around the whole trip;D

Keep a eye out if for us if your non powered over the time feel free to wander over for a chat (beer) and a re-power of the leccy battery. Most know the hat but I will have a flag up with yamaha on it.:)

To all travelling safe journey and hope to see you there;)

Nath

Nath ..... are you at Mondy for the whole 16 days ?

Chris

Tropicaltrout
14-10-2008, 06:48 AM
yeah mate I will have my wife and billy lids there so will lap up the saranity

Nath

DEANO68
14-10-2008, 07:21 AM
Yeh , we should be there mid afternoon ......... set up camp & go for a quick fish for hopefully a sunset bite ( I've ordered the same conditions:P )

Chris

we wont be there till 7pm ish...so just sat & sundy fish for us...good work on getting the conditions, another thing i have to learn to do...;)

NAGG
14-10-2008, 09:10 AM
yeah mate I will have my wife and billy lids there so will lap up the saranity

Nath

Good Stuff Nath ....... Hopefully the fish will play ball

Chris

Did you mean Serenity or insanity ( which you get from the kids)

Whitto
14-10-2008, 02:12 PM
This has got nothing to do with IBD......but it could add to it in a way....In 6 days Boat Rego goes up big time adding to recreational and ever other cost.

0-4.5 68.90/81.50

4.51-6 108.50/161.30

6.01-10 148.15/268.05

10.01-15 174.50/393.85

15.01-20 214.05/488.30

20.01- Over 267.00/614.50

Im glad I don't own a BIG boat.....I suppose if u can afford a big boat the cost is not so bad....Bad enough though:'(

darylive
14-10-2008, 04:48 PM
"Did you mean Serenity or insanity ( which you get from the kids)"

Senility I think it is called Nagg. ;) How do you get anything done Chris? :-/

You are in every thread, on every page, in every forum. ;D

darylive
14-10-2008, 04:54 PM
"Im glad I don't own a BIG boat.... " Whitto

I am with you Witto, that's why I have a 385 mate.

Bugger, Nagg, Les, Ren, Greg Norman etc :P

Nothing to do with being Poor Bastards. ;D

I figure it has to be a lot bigger boat to take more than two blokes so mine 'ill do till i get one. 8-)

nipsta
14-10-2008, 05:12 PM
[quote=darylive;912522]"Im glad I don't own a BIG boat.... " Whitto

I figure it has to be a lot bigger boat to take more than two blokes so mine 'ill do till i get one. 8-)[/quote

i agree go the 385 explorers just comfy for 2 two cast lures at the one time and the more room i have the more crap i take so i like the size i got plus i dont get dissapointed if i rub up too hard against a tree or something like that as the alloy still looks ok compare to the flash painted ones and i stil catch barra . Whitto what was there reason for putting it up i suppose just cause they can that not to much i suppose but when is enough enough as if we all dont have enough to fork out for so im glad mine is at the bottom end of the scale that is for sure

nipsta
14-10-2008, 05:13 PM
opps almost forgot 24 days to go to peace and quiet untill a big barra goes mental yeha bring it on

Whitto
14-10-2008, 05:28 PM

I figure it has to be a lot bigger boat to take more than two blokes so mine 'ill do till i get one. 8-) I suppose we just have to be thankful we have a boat and are able to do what we love to do....We are always going to be paying increases of some sort....Fact of Life.

Im hearing ya Nipmiester the Hall of Chrome is calling.....hopefully will be at Mondy sometime on the 7th or 8th at this stage with bells on and me hat...stocking up with Plastics and various weighted hooks;D

BR65
14-10-2008, 05:35 PM
opps almost forgot 24 days to go to peace and quiet untill a big barra goes mental yeha bring it on

Simon, am I correct in assumeing you are getting a little bit keen;D

Whitto, those riseing costs - fuel, insurance, rego, maintainence, tow vehicle, is the whole reason I down sized from an offshore rig to the quinny, it was just to much coin when you balanced it against the number of times you get out.

cheers
brian

nipsta
14-10-2008, 06:18 PM

Whitto, those riseing costs - fuel, insurance, rego, maintainence, tow vehicle, is the whole reason I down sized from an offshore rig to the quinny, it was just to much coin when you balanced it against the number of times you get out.

cheers
brian

ME EXCITED NAH YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS im hanging for another crack i have one goal and that is to catch one on a placcy and if i get my homemade ones worked out on that as well i will post once i have them working

NAGG
14-10-2008, 06:54 PM
"Did you mean Serenity or insanity ( which you get from the kids)"

Senility I think it is called Nagg. ;) How do you get anything done Chris? :-/

You are in every thread, on every page, in every forum. ;D

shhhhhh ..... i need to keep you guys honest (at work) & I'm single these days .......... :P not to mention ....... i love fishin8-)

chris

NAGG
14-10-2008, 06:57 PM

I figure it has to be a lot bigger boat to take more than two blokes so mine 'ill do till i get one. 8-)

Last years rego for a 480 Hornet was $75.00 in NSW .......:P

Chris

NAGG
14-10-2008, 07:07 PM

cheers
brian

Yep ....... I went from chasing offshore snapper , YFT , Jew , Kingies & Marlin ....... to bream in the estuaries .......... A bad day these days will see me spend $15 in fuel ...... Vs $120 ( 5years ago)

Esturaries / impoundments for bream , bass , jacks & barra on lures ....... gives me more satisfaction these days - baits/trolled lures = bye bye

chris

Tropicaltrout
14-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Yeah rego is nothing though really, when you considder the amount you would spend on a dozen lures or a couple of shirts or a new extra rod what ever the bigger the boat the wider the expantion of water you put it on, for our choice of fishing most of us will be in the $80 to $160 mark...

Although in saying that I wonder what they will do with the extra funds. You can bet the ramps roads etc to the sweetwater will be last to recive any repair or up-grade, and mabey we will see a police presance there, but i dobt it

NAGG
14-10-2008, 07:13 PM
[quote=darylive;912522]"Im glad I don't own a BIG boat.... " Whitto

I figure it has to be a lot bigger boat to take more than two blokes so mine 'ill do till i get one. 8-)[/quote

i agree go the 385 explorers just comfy for 2 two cast lures at the one time and the more room i have the more crap i take so i like the size i got plus i dont get dissapointed if i rub up too hard against a tree or something like that as the alloy still looks ok compare to the flash painted ones and i stil catch barra . Whitto what was there reason for putting it up i suppose just cause they can that not to much i suppose but when is enough enough as if we all dont have enough to fork out for so im glad mine is at the bottom end of the scale that is for sure

480 is so sweet ...... enough room to fish 3 - awesome with 2
( including a sun lounge) ......... love that size

chris

nipsta
14-10-2008, 07:54 PM
[quote=nipsta;912534]

chris

we cant be all rich buggers like you chris some off us poor buggers can only afford a little quinny

NAGG
15-10-2008, 08:01 AM
[quote=NAGG;912609]

we cant be all rich buggers like you chris some off us poor buggers can only afford a little quinny

No mate ...... not rich - Just single again;)

Chris

Big_Ren
15-10-2008, 08:40 AM
[quote=nipsta;912641]

No mate ...... not rich - Just single again;)

Chris

And I just enjoy the concept of debt;D Not Gordon Gecko....Gordon Gutter...."Debt is Good"..;)

nipsta
15-10-2008, 12:52 PM
[quote=NAGG;912803]

And I just enjoy the concept of debt;D Not Gordon Gecko....Gordon Gutter...."Debt is Good"..;)
i feeling ya on the bedt part but mine is tied into the cars we have had over time and crashing the 4x4 in jan definelty wasnt part of the plan but never what do they say if ya not in debt ya cant be happy or something like that ::)

NAGG
15-10-2008, 04:52 PM
[quote=Big_Ren;912821]
i feeling ya on the bedt part but mine is tied into the cars we have had over time and crashing the 4x4 in jan definelty wasnt part of the plan but never what do they say if ya not in debt ya cant be happy or something like that ::)

Now ..... who said that Simon ???

Debt ..... cant live with it ....... Cant have fun without it ;D

Chris

NAGG
15-10-2008, 04:57 PM
OK ...... Hands up

who is going to be at Mondy on the 7th , 8th & 9th November :P

Roll call time !!!!!!!!!

Chris

Barraboss
15-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Me thinks I will be at Mondy then?;D

NAGG
15-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Me thinks I will be at Mondy then?;D

Good onya Matt ...... I'm sure you will be gobsmacked with the place! ......... 4 am start on the Sat though ::) :P

Chris

Barraboss
15-10-2008, 06:04 PM
I will bring my pillow for Sat morning :)

NAGG
15-10-2008, 06:21 PM
I will bring my pillow for Sat morning :)

you'll need it bro ...... i'm a hard task master & sick!!!;D

Chris

Whitto
15-10-2008, 07:14 PM
OK ...... Hands up

Roll call time !!!!!!!!!

ChrisMe! Me! Pick Me!......I shall be there with the Tin Tannic ready and suitable Plastics armed and at the ready.....I will be praying for a Nor Easter.......Whitto8-)

NAGG
15-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Me! Me! Pick Me!......I shall be there with the Tin Tannic ready and suitable Plastics armed and at the ready.....I will be praying for a Nor Easter.......Whitto8-)

good on ya son ....... but by then .... it may be back to hards in the timber:-/

Just remember ...... The S/Easter can work the same way ;)

Chris

mikooh
15-10-2008, 07:34 PM
OK ...... Hands up

Roll call time !!!!!!!!!

Chris
HMMMM................I've got a four day weekend from the 7th to the 10th.....It's only 4 tanks of diesel.....throw in the swag and a bit of food......could quite possibly make it;) ;)

Are you guys camping?

Mick

Tropicaltrout
15-10-2008, 07:45 PM
The more the merrier it will be good to see you all, Chris were you camping so I can put our camp far far away! Its all good just try and keep my missus from a the party she will drink to sun up too

NAGG
15-10-2008, 08:01 PM
HMMMM................I've got a four day weekend from the 7th to the 10th.....It's only 4 tanks of diesel.....throw in the swag and a bit of food......could quite possibly make it;) ;)

Are you guys camping?

Mick

Mick ..... If you can make it :) :) 8-) ...... Yeh! we are camping ( lower camp site ,,,away from the nomads)

Chris

NAGG
15-10-2008, 08:05 PM
The more the merrier it will be good to see you all, Chris were you camping so I can put our camp far far away! Its all good just try and keep my missus from a the party she will drink to sun up too

Are you dumping on me ::)

Yes Nath .... We are camping! ( next to the 08 muster area) .......... i know , I know ...... we needed power

We just need to set up our speak easy / fire ...... away from the plebs;D

Chris

nipsta
15-10-2008, 09:27 PM
yes i will be there of course same area as nath and cant wait to get into the sticks it will be onnnnnnnnnn

DEANO68
16-10-2008, 06:47 AM

Yes Nath .... We are camping! ( next to the 08 muster area) .......... i know , I know ...... we needed power

Chris

yessss, looks like a fair crowd, be there fri nite,,,,but making the boss coffee:) each morn till then so might even get there thusday nite....

Whitto
16-10-2008, 11:04 AM

ChrisYou say we Chris... I gather the lovely Mighty Whitey will grace us with his presence....in that case we will have to have a fire so we can all gather around and hang off his every word on how to encourage Barra to the lure and shit like that while testing the temperature of a beer or 6........For some unknown reason I predict u will out fish MW @ Mondy;D

NAGG
16-10-2008, 12:17 PM
You say we Chris... I gather the lovely Mighty Whitey will grace us with his presence....in that case we will have to have a fire so we can all gather around and hang off his every word on how to encourage Barra to the lure and shit like that while testing the temperature of a beer or 6........For some unknown reason I predict u will out fish MW @ Mondy;D

Mate ..... I can tell you right now - MW will be not only outfished next month ....... He wont even see a barra ... let alone land one!!! :smug:

Chris

Whitto
16-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Thats the fighting spirit I like to see.....It will be good to see u both again:D

NAGG
16-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Mate ..... I can tell you right now - MW will be not only outfished next month ....... He wont even see a barra ... let alone land one!!! http://www.ausfish.com.au/yabbfiles/Smilies/smug.gif

Thats the fighting spirit I like to see.....It will be good to see u both again:D

Because he wont be there;D ......... But Matt (Barraboss) will be ...... in preparation for the ABT tour
I'm picking Matt up from Brissy on the Friday morning ...... & we then drive to Mondy , Awoonga ....... before starting the ABT at Teemburra - :P

Chris

Tropicaltrout
16-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Ah nice Chris another face to a name then. Hope you guys have a ball in the ABT, I know you will!

So Saturday night beer and snacks round the campfire;)

Nath

nipsta
16-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Ah nice Chris another face to a name then. Hope you guys have a ball in the ABT, I know you will!

So Saturday night beer and snacks round the campfire;)

Nath
yes sounds like a plan well see if the boys can keep up with jae lol

Whitto
16-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Gotcha Chris it will be good to meet Matt8-)

mikooh
16-10-2008, 06:54 PM
OK it looks like im in...as soon as I get approval from the minister of war & finance....

Working overtime on her:-* :-* ;)

I will most probably be flying solo, so if anyone is looking for a piece of the action but has no boat, let me know....or you guys can just call me nigel;D ;D

Mick

NAGG
16-10-2008, 07:03 PM
OK it looks like im in...as soon as I get approval from the minister of war & finance....

Working overtime on her:-* :-* ;)

I will most probably be flying solo, so if anyone is looking for a piece of the action but has no boat, let me know....or you guys can just call me nigel;D ;D

Mick

Good on ya Mick ...... This might be the biggest thing since the Muster ;)

Chris

nipsta
16-10-2008, 07:27 PM
its ok mikooh i will be on my own as well in my boat but i like it that sometimes that way if i want to have a break i can or if i want to fish all over the place i can that way i dont disapoint the passenger

Tropicaltrout
16-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Is there any long range for cast for the month of november ? hehe as if it will make any difference but it would be nice to know.....

BR65
16-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Nath, what you dont know wont hurt you mate.
Screw the weather, its like ya missus, un-predictable, likely to change direction at the blink of an eye and you cant control it, dont even try bro.

Tropicaltrout
16-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Are you are a wise man Brian..... The difference between Hi pressure and Low pressure is how long I get away from the lady and you can garantee there's alway a storm front when you get home..... lol

Thank god she dose not read Ausfish or there might be a freak tornado!!!!!

darylive
16-10-2008, 08:52 PM
[quote=nipsta;912534]

chris

It's not the boat in the fish it's the fish in the boat that matters ;D

mikooh
16-10-2008, 09:00 PM
its ok mikooh i will be on my own as well in my boat but i like it that sometimes that way if i want to have a break i can or if i want to fish all over the place i can that way i dont disapoint the passenger

This is true, It's just the 6 1/2 hr drive each way that is painfull on your own:-/ :-/

Mick

NAGG
16-10-2008, 09:17 PM
[quote=NAGG;912609]

It's not the boat in the fish it's the fish in the boat that matters ;D

Not true Daryl ....... Its how you look that really matters;)

Chris

NAGG
16-10-2008, 09:20 PM
This is true, It's just the 6 1/2 hr drive each way that is painfull on your own:-/ :-/

Mick

Come cup day ....... 11 hours on my lonesome (Syd- Bris) ....... Oh how I wish for just 6.5 hours:P

Chris

nipsta
16-10-2008, 09:32 PM
Come cup day ....... 11 hours on my lonesome (Syd- Bris) ....... Oh how I wish for just 6.5 hours:P

Chris
how does 3 hours sound still too far i reckon but better then 16

Whitto
17-10-2008, 06:49 AM
how does 3 hours sound still too far i reckon but better then 16 The trip is broken up noicely with the All Day Brekkie at Howard Simon....U gotta love that.8-)

Once u are in Brissy Chris......4hrs mate......4hrs, that will be like a walk in the park. The saving on fuel...means more lures and other what nots;D

NAGG
17-10-2008, 06:58 AM
how does 3 hours sound still too far i reckon but better then 16

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

NAGG
17-10-2008, 07:01 AM
The trip is broken up noicely with the All Day Brekkie at Howard Simon....U gotta love that.8-)

Once u are in Brissy Chris......4hrs mate......4hrs, that will be like a walk in the park. The saving on fuel...means more lures and other what nots;D

I wont know myself ......... but I can see it now - I'll drive to Tinaroo , Koombaloomba , Faust ....... Just for the drive::) ........

The grass is always greener at the end of the highway ;)

Chris

darylive
17-10-2008, 08:49 AM
[quote=darylive;913703]

Chris

Well they all look so much better with the Musta stickers on 'em.

darylive
17-10-2008, 09:02 AM
OK ...... Hands up

Roll call time !!!!!!!!!

Chris

You have got to be Kiddin me! >:(
I saw the way you ratbags carried on the last trip. :o Drinkin, fishin, mucking around with boats, sitting around a campfire till the early hours ranting and raving, telling bloody lies, like a pack of untrained monkeys!
Bloody Redneck Larikin Yobos!
And you have the hide to say who's coming!
Well if there is the slightest possible chance of me getting away I'll be there!

DEANO68
17-10-2008, 09:16 AM
[quote=darylive;913896]

You have got to be Kiddin me! >:(

I saw the way you ratbags carried on the last trip

. :o Drinkin, fishin, mucking around with boats, sitting around a campfire till the early hours ranting and raving, telling bloody lies, like a pack of untrained monkeys!

Bloody Redneck Larikin Yobos!
And you have the hide to say who's coming!
Well if there is the slightest possible chance of me getting away I'll be there

THATS THE SPIRIT DARYL, WHAT BETTER WAY TO SPEND A WEEKEND, SEE YOU THERE BUT LEAVE THE BLOODY PORT AT HOME..............................8-)

SeekingBarradise
17-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun guys - mondy muster 2.

What dates will have the most people around the campfire?

I'll try and get up but i already have a trip in a couple of weeks so i'll be struggling for time i reckon.

I hear powered sites are getting booked out quickly now so if you haven't booked i'd be getting in now guys.

Cheers Lyndon.

NAGG
17-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun guys - mondy muster 2.

What dates will have the most people around the campfire?

I'll try and get up but i already have a trip in a couple of weeks so i'll be struggling for time i reckon.

I hear powered sites are getting booked out quickly now so if you haven't booked i'd be getting in now guys.

Cheers Lyndon.

Lyndon .... you see most of us there on

Fri 7th & Sat 8th

Chris

darylive
17-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Well I have just spent all bloody morning on here tryin to keep up. When I should be sorting this mess. Or possibly going fishin, the problem the nearest waterway is 10 min from here. ;D

Mind you I see I finally moved on from Bronze after four years on here. :P
It is Beautiful up here in Gods country Chris .8-)

Big_Ren
17-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Well I have just spent all bloody morning on here tryin to keep up. When I should be sorting this mess. Or possibly going fishin, the problem the nearest waterway is 10 min from here. ;D

Mind you I see I finally moved on from Bronze after four years on here. :P
It is Beautiful up here in Gods country Chris .8-)

Looks to me like you've just been to the lolly shop Daryl;) Plenty of unopened packets there. Hey where on the coast are you? Should link up with Benny and me for a jack/flatty/jew fish over summer.

Cheers
Paul

darylive
17-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Kawana Waters mate, opposite the pub and all of that stuff came from the shed unopened packets yes and that's only part of it. :D

I have an affliction where by I have to buy lures/plastics when they are on sale; or sometimes even if they are not. ;)

Always keen to catch up Paul, but no hope of catchin that thing of yours!

That's like putting an outboard on a thong! :o

Tropicaltrout
18-10-2008, 05:31 AM
[quote=darylive;913703]

Chris

Chris, you carry a clean shirt and a comb to brush the scone for when you get a fish, cant have messy hair for the piccy, especially with with that hat I wear it gives a tremendous bad hat hair!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

NAGG
18-10-2008, 06:10 AM
;D
[quote=NAGG;913720]

Chris, you carry a clean shirt and a comb to brush the scone for when you get a fish, cant have messy hair for the piccy, especially with with that hat I wear it gives a tremendous bad hat hair!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nath - doesn't everyone ?

Without embarrassing anyone hereabouts ...... I've seen a photo in a mag , where the angler holding a nice Mondy barra , looked like they had their Sunday best on ....... perfectly laundered / pressed shirt & pants:gorgeous: ;D

Made me think ..... time to be a little more presentable;)

Chris

BR65
18-10-2008, 08:10 AM
A litle of topic, but I found this pretty interesting

http://www.fishingmonthly.com.au/_bb_/viewtopic.php?t=6013

Awoonga
18-10-2008, 08:42 AM
Off topic no l dont think so.... my fishing attire is ironed and clean at the start of the day...So is my boat...

Whitto
18-10-2008, 09:46 AM
Far Dinkum some of these wannabe's are that far up their own arses all u can see on a clear day is their thongs showing...or should that be their $50 Crocs...Im there for the Fishing and Camping not the winner of the best dressed....my gear clean and paid for no more no less....and believe it or not I have a ball fish or no fish;D

nipsta
18-10-2008, 10:30 AM
The trip is broken up noicely with the All Day Brekkie at Howard Simon....U gotta love that.8-)

not wrong whitto my favorite spot to stop comfortable and then onl leaves a short drive to the damm oh i forgot a stop at foxies before the damm

Tropicaltrout
18-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Yep the comp world is another dimention but a buisness nether the less, even if they are looking out from deep in there shorts.... For us blokes the only care taken is that of the release of a fish and or the clean up of empty cans from a few around the camp fire the night before.... Keep the comps the fancy attire I have a flanny with the sleeves off and a pair of footy shorts any day.

My picture time is just that my hat is tilted back and the fish is properly surported lol.

Nath

Whitto
18-10-2008, 04:18 PM
There Ya go.....There for the serenity not the political correctness:P

NAGG
18-10-2008, 05:11 PM
Yep the comp world is another dimention but a buisness nether the less, even if they are looking out from deep in there shorts.... For us blokes the only care taken is that of the release of a fish and or the clean up of empty cans from a few around the camp fire the night before.... Keep the comps the fancy attire I have a flanny with the sleeves off and a pair of footy shorts any day.

My picture time is just that my hat is tilted back and the fish is properly surported lol.

Nath

As someone getting ready to do their first ABT barra tour ......... I've gotta say I'm pretty excited !
The idea of spending 3 weeks on the road fishing 4 venues ...... alongside some of the best barra anglers has got me buzzing ......... & because it is a road trip there no doubt will be that camaraderie (particularly those doing all the events)

so while it may not be everyones cup of tea ....... The barra tour seems like a winner while it is kept in this format

Bring it on :P

Chris

Tropicaltrout
18-10-2008, 06:03 PM
;D ;D ;D Go hard Chris they are all good but hey each to thier own, No dobt it would be a eye opener for sure and alot of fun and experiance but not for me I would do the road trip to each dam without the hype of ABT.

Its a different style and everyone will have there version and or idea on comps in general I have fished some small ones and have enjoyed them too but at the end of the day I fish to unwind from my day to day life and enjoy it for there being no rules or regulations just flick till i get sick;D

Good luck in the ABT fellas you will do well;)

Nath

Tropicaltrout
18-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Anyhow Chris you will shote it in with that new colour range of stiffey's;D ;D ;D

mikooh
18-10-2008, 07:59 PM
I often travel to comps with some mates who are into tournament fishing, however I dont participate in the comps. In my experience the tournament world is just like the real world- there are some w@nkers and some realy genuine down to earth blokes, some are there looking for fame and glory and others are just happy to be there testing thier ability against a field of (mostly) switched on anglers in a semi controlled environment.
To many of these guys, fishing is no longer just a hobby as they have taken a chance in trying to forge a career and income from the 'hobby' they love. When fishing pays the bills the pressure increases- sponsors want results...and bills need to be paid....no longer are they just fishing for the enjoyment of it all and this shows at times!!

I guess what I am trying to say is dont tar them all with the same brush. Each to their own. Just enjoy your time on the water for whatever reason you like and respect the fact that others fish for different pleasures.

Its all good when you are doing what you love8-) 8-)

Mick

...And Chris, if barra is anything like bass, you will have a ball!!

Steve B
18-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Well said Mick.

I have been around the tournament scene for bass and now barra since about 2003, things have changed heaps...especially in Bass. What you said is so true Mick. If you randomly picked 100 anglers at any fishing location you would have the same mix of quality/serious/social/'i know boats' types and good blokes/girls as you would with a tournament.

I must say I have met some really great people in ABT and learnt heaps at every comp from some of the true champions at comp fishing. I have also learnt you can dress up with the flashest gear, talk the talk and have the fastest boat...but still have no idea about fishing, those guys have been few and far between thankfully, but you still learn something from them.

I often compare the comps to this site at times. Lots of people from different backgrounds getting together to share and have fun and have a healthy respect for the overall style of fishing each person enjoys. Its all good in the end when we learn something big or small from each other.

cheers steve

RE ABT Monduran last year: I must admit dragging your arse out of the tent at 5am to get the boat on the water with 50 other boats in the freezing cold knowing its going to be damn near impossible to land a barra you sometimes wonder why you do it..........theres a lot to be said for fishing when YOU want to!!!;D

NAGG
19-10-2008, 06:36 AM
Anyhow Chris you will shote it in with that new colour range of stiffey's;D ;D ;D

I dont know about that ..... It just highlights how sick I am::) but it does look pretty good in the water:P

I'm doing a scorpion the same way :)

Chris

Tropicaltrout
19-10-2008, 08:12 AM
To be honest I reckon your on a winner bait do change colour depending on conditions, sex, mating etc so with a colour that changes through light transmitted it may just be the next big colour.....

Who knows a Naggs Stiffey (latex packet) could be hanging on a shelf one day along with a few others.

Nath

Awoonga
19-10-2008, 08:14 AM
[quote=NAGG;914508]As someone getting ready to do their first ABT barra tour ......... I've gotta say I'm pretty excited !
The idea of spending 3 weeks on the road fishing 4 venues ...... alongside some of the best barra anglers has got me buzzing ......... & because it is a road trip there no doubt will be that camaraderie (particularly those doing all the events)

so while it may not be everyones cup of tea ....... The barra tour seems like a winner while it is kept in this format

Bring it on :P Yes it will be an eye opener... thats for sure ..This is my fourth year and because the format is to change next year probably my last...Next year its boater /nonboater ... l would like to see the tour as a teams event

NAGG
19-10-2008, 09:33 AM
[quote=NAGG;914508]As someone getting ready to do their first ABT barra tour ......... I've gotta say I'm pretty excited !

Bring it on :P Yes it will be an eye opener... thats for sure ..This is my fourth year and because the format is to change next year probably my last...Next year its boater /nonboater ... l would like to see the tour as a teams event

Yes Trev ...... The boater / non boater format is a step backwards IMHO with regard to the barra tour .......... Under its current guise you can put a team together which allows you to split the costs of doing a tour that will encompass close to 3000km of travel & two weeks away - The idea of towing a boat those distances & having a non boater step on board - & start fishing does not appeal one iota ................... sure this is fine for bream & bass where many tournaments are held within a few hours of major cities - allowing for a good supply of boaters ! ........ how many will drive from Brisbane to Proserpine / Teemburra:(
Might have to enter as a non boater;)
Makes this years tour a special one:guitarist:

Chris

NAGG
19-10-2008, 09:39 AM
To be honest I reckon your on a winner bait do change colour depending on conditions, sex, mating etc so with a colour that changes through light transmitted it may just be the next big colour.....

Who knows a Naggs Stiffey (latex packet) could be hanging on a shelf one day along with a few others.

Nath

Yes Nath ..... the colour change thing , when excited , breeding or scared etc is a part of the animal / fish world - lets see if it works

Latex packets ...... only if they are tamper proof;D

Chris

Callop
20-10-2008, 02:15 PM
After a quick scan of this thread it looks like the attendance list is
arriving on
Nipsta ............8th
Tropical Trout..8th
Nagg ..............7th
Barraboss.......7th
Deano.............7th maybe 6th - subject to dragon approval
Whitto.............7th
Mikooh............7th
Darylive ..........are you coming ?
Callop..............6th
Capvet.............6th

Anyone else that I've missed ?

DEANO68
20-10-2008, 03:30 PM
After a quick scan of this thread it looks like the attendance list is
arriving on
Nipsta ............8th
Tropical Trout..8th
Nagg ..............7th
Barraboss.......7th
Deano.............7th maybe 6th - subject to dragon approval
Whitto.............7th
Mikooh............7th
Darylive ..........are you coming ?
Callop..............6th
Capvet.............6th

Anyone else that I've missed ?

looks good dave, dragon is happy to be rid of me for the weekend, i was refering to work and the boss said,,,yea whatever:o ..so just waiting to see if the fred.( who you can ad to the list ) can get the day off.....can feel a bit of de-ja-vu happening here...::) 8-) deano..

NAGG
20-10-2008, 06:27 PM
looks good dave, dragon is happy to be rid of me for the weekend, i was refering to work and the boss said,,,yea whatever:o ..so just waiting to see if the fred.( who you can ad to the list ) can get the day off.....can feel a bit of de-ja-vu happening here...::) 8-) deano..

Hey Deano ....... Its a bit like de-ja-vu hey:)

any excuse for a get together

Thanks Dave for doing the list :thumbsup:

Chris

Barraboss
20-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Great to see my name there so I can catch up with a few of you guys and girls.

No drinking for me though, I am in comp mode :) :)

Also would not want to show the southerners how to really drink (haha)

Cheers
Matt

Callop
20-10-2008, 07:04 PM

Cheers
Matt
Sounds like we might have to hold your nose and introduce you to some of Darylive's port engine rocket fuel and bundy concoction:o assuming he will grace us with his presence

NAGG
20-10-2008, 07:05 PM

Cheers
Matt

Be careful Matt ..... some of these guys are well versed in the all night IBD fireside chat .......... I can vouch for that:P

Chris

Callop
20-10-2008, 07:06 PM
Hey Deano ....... Its a bit like de-ja-vu hey:)

any excuse for a get together

Thanks Dave for doing the list :thumbsup:

Chris
If Les and SteveB turn up we could be in trouble. Although the sun will be getting up earlier than it did at the muster so we will get more sleep.

DEANO68
20-10-2008, 07:12 PM
If Les and SteveB turn up we could be in trouble. Although the sun will be getting up earlier than it did at the muster so we will get more sleep.

sleep ?? whats that..??? with the sun getting up earlier means the fire will finish earlier......8-) .could be a good thing..::)

NAGG
20-10-2008, 07:19 PM

Speaking of Les ...... Has anyone heard from him ??? ....... hopefully he turns up!

Steve will need to shackled ;D

It has the makings of another fine weekend:P

Chris

NAGG
20-10-2008, 07:21 PM
sleep ?? whats that..??? with the sun getting up earlier means the fire will finish earlier......8-) .could be a good thing..::)

Or will it ....... pan thrown on the fire ( bacon & eggs) - off fishin:P

DEANO68
20-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Speaking of Les ...... Has anyone heard from him ??? ....... hopefully he turns up!

Steve will need to shackled ;D

It has the makings of another fine weekend:P

Chris

hey chris, does matt actually know what he is in for..????surely he will have a drink, after the southerners remark ,,mabe his fishing atire consists of a well ironed SKIRT..??????pleats and all..;)

DEANO68
20-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Or will it ....... pan thrown on the fire ( bacon & eggs) - off fishin:P

great plan, long walk from the fire to the kitchen this time me thinks.....8-)

Barraboss
20-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Now you talking Chef Chris

Callop
20-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Better remember to pick up enough wood from up the dam this time. Don't want Nagg running around the camp looking for stuff to burn at 4.00am

NAGG
20-10-2008, 07:34 PM
hey chris, does matt actually know what he is in for..????surely he will have a drink, after the southerners remark ,,mabe his fishing atire consists of a well ironed SKIRT..??????pleats and all..;)

Red rag to a bull - or green & gold stiffy to a barra - -

i'll leave it to Matt

Chris

NAGG
20-10-2008, 07:37 PM
great plan, long walk from the fire to the kitchen this time me thinks.....8-)

Might be the go Deano ....... frying pan / bacon & eggs - loaf of bread (BBQ sauce)

Chris

NAGG
20-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Better remember to pick up enough wood from up the dam this time. Don't want Nagg running around the camp looking for stuff to burn at 4.00am

We better get the locals to deliver a load of timber:)

Steve B
20-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Hey boys,

I will be out there on the Sat nite for a Xmas party for the MASA crew. I have brought my own shackles!! the wife and kidsare coming.......home early for me;) But I am tryyying to sneak up for a fish with you all at some stage on that weekend, but I am earning desperate brownie points leading up to the ABT roadtrip.

See yall around then.

Steve

DEANO68
20-10-2008, 08:10 PM
We better get the locals to deliver a load of timber:)

i will bring a little to get us started, then same as sept grab some up the dam....

DEANO68
20-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Hey boys,

I will be out there on the Sat nite for a Xmas party for the MASA crew. I have brought my own shackles!! the wife and kidsare coming.......home early for me;) But I am tryyying to sneak up for a fish with you all at some stage on that weekend, but I am earning desperate brownie points leading up to the ABT roadtrip.

See yall around then.

Steve

good on ya steve, you might be able to sneek down just for one beer,..or mabe see you on the dam....:)
deano..

Callop
20-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Hey boys,

See yall around then.

Steve
Be good to catch up on Saturday night mate. Could you bring the Muster CD's with you and I'll copy them onto the laptop. Save you burning another set and mailing them to me.
Dave

Steve B
20-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Be good to catch up on Saturday night mate. Could you bring the Muster CD's with you and I'll copy them onto the laptop. Save you burning another set and mailing them to me.
Dave

Deano,yeah I could sneak down for 1 beer I spose....not T.E.D though..strictly XXXX.;)

Dave, I have actually burnt a few....but I will bring some up...thats a good Idea, we can burn them there too.

cheeers steve

Callop
20-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Deano,yeah I could sneak down for 1 beer I spose....not T.E.D though..strictly XXXX.;)

Dave, I have actually burnt a few....but I will bring some up...thats a good Idea, we can burn them there too.

cheeers steve
I'll bring the blank discs. You have done enough.

Barraboss
20-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Deano,

Yeah mate I will have a social beer. Trust me, you don't want to see me drink heavy, just does not stay down too long these days (I was just all hype :) hehe). But am really looking forward to catching up with you all.

Matt

NAGG
21-10-2008, 06:28 AM
Deano,

Yeah mate I will have a social beer. Trust me, you don't want to see me drink heavy, just does not stay down too long these days (I was just all hype :) hehe). But am really looking forward to catching up with you all.

Matt

So what is a Social beer ........ isn't that when you get into the most trouble;D I'd rather a Social beer than an Unsocial one:P I think thats called RALPH!

Cheers

PS ..... Two weeks till I start my trek north:laola:

DEANO68
21-10-2008, 06:30 AM
Deano,

Matt

yea matt, im hearin ya on the heavys, might leave them at home this trip,and stick to the goldies, though the odd turkey might show up ...a clearer head this trip too try and nut out a couple of fish..:)

DEANO68
21-10-2008, 06:34 AM
So what is a Social beer ........ isn't that when you get into the most trouble;D I'd rather a Social beer than an Unsocial one:P I think thats called RALPH!

Cheers

PS ..... Two weeks till I start my trek north:laola:

not long chris, just put a new motor guide on freds boat and a new deck, all gear ready,apart from a couple of extra hooks n stuff..cant wait,....:)

Whitto
21-10-2008, 06:40 AM
This is fast turning into a Mini Muster;D.......beauty.....Chris saw Les my last trip about 3/4 wks ago..I was putting my boat on the trailer at the Cabin ramp (Very Busy)he drove in and drove out...saw his trailer at the second dirt ramp (deeper water better to launch his boat)last I saw of him.

The Cabin ramp now has a Bitumen road (better than some parts of the Bruce Hwy).:D

Looking forward to the 7/8/9.....should be a ripper.....Matt u will have a ball and just to give u a heads up if u nail Barra like u do up home (U will be swabbed and a blood sample will be taken for analysis);D Whitto

NAGG
21-10-2008, 06:42 AM
not long chris, just put a new motor guide on freds boat and a new deck, all gear ready,apart from a couple of extra hooks n stuff..cant wait,....:)

Yes not long Deano ........ though I've just noticed that my trailer lights have basically disintergrated & my licence plate has fallen off the trailer - So I've got to organise those things ....... oh well > 18,000 km of towing over 22 months ... gotta expect it::)

chris

nipsta
23-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Yes not long Deano ........ though I've just noticed that my trailer lights have basically disintergrated & my licence plate has fallen off the trailer - So I've got to organise those things ....... oh well > 18,000 km of towing over 22 months ... gotta expect it::)

chris
ah its only 15 days to a week of bliss are hows the seranity cant wait but remeber no roos this time either chris and xxxx and mid strenght only up here oh and i got a stien larger for you to try this time since i didnt have oit last time and stev make sure the sercurity conferscates any lures that have flash paint jobs so we can use them as well and i might bring a box of ear plugs from works so we can make sure we dont upset the locals this time lol;) :P

NAGG
23-10-2008, 10:49 AM
ah its only 15 days to a week of bliss are hows the seranity cant wait but remeber no roos this time either chris and xxxx and mid strenght only up here oh and i got a stien larger for you to try this time since i didnt have oit last time and stev make sure the sercurity conferscates any lures that have flash paint jobs so we can use them as well and i might bring a box of ear plugs from works so we can make sure we dont upset the locals this time lol;) :P

This trip will be a little different - Up the New England to Brisbane ( during daylight hours) ...... as I'm on my own ..... so no roos or monkeys ::)

Yes there will be a tricked up stiffy or 2

Chris

DEANO68
23-10-2008, 10:59 AM

looks like a shorter trip for us now..fred has to work friday,so wont be up till friday nite :( o well fish all day sat and most of sundy, hopefully find some fish and couple o beers fri & sat nite....
deano...8-)

nipsta
23-10-2008, 05:45 PM
looks like a shorter trip for us now..fred has to work friday,so wont be up till friday nite :( o well fish all day sat and most of sundy, hopefully find some fish and couple o beers fri & sat nite....
deano...8-)\
oh bugger dean i will be up saturday morning as well but thats ok you will probaly slay one bye then ;D
went for another jack fish last night big mistake i did a naggs i started off my trip bad put the shirt on inside out and then had another go i put in on back to front then i got going and when i got to the ramp i notice i hadnt locked the trailer down or put the saftey cahin on or put my trailer plug in dammm could have been a bad day if it come off and to top it off 3 strike for no fish bugger

DEANO68
23-10-2008, 06:18 PM
\
oh bugger dean i will be up saturday morning as well but thats ok you will probaly slay one bye then ;D
went for another jack fish last night big mistake i did a naggs i started off my trip bad put the shirt on inside out and then had another go i put in on back to front then i got going and when i got to the ramp i notice i hadnt locked the trailer down or put the saftey cahin on or put my trailer plug in dammm could have been a bad day if it come off and to top it off 3 strike for no fish bugger

hopefully have one or two yes, being a short trip and all,gotta keep an eye on those trailers eh,,,,three hits better than nothin at least you know there about, had a flick this arv for not a rattle..but sat nite swimmin liveys and a warm day mmmmm any thing could happen.::) .are you cummin ....???:-/

nipsta
23-10-2008, 07:09 PM
hopefully have one or two yes, being a short trip and all,gotta keep an eye on those trailers eh,,,,three hits better than nothin at least you know there about, had a flick this arv for not a rattle..but sat nite swimmin liveys and a warm day mmmmm any thing could happen.::) .are you cummin ....???:-/
um i dont think so at the moment i got to catch up with a mate before he goes up to the mines so i might go for a fish for a sunday evening but we will see then the boat is in dry dock for a week and a bit and then get it ready for mondy

DEANO68
25-10-2008, 11:45 AM
anyone heared from the innaugral TONY M.....hes been a bit quiet, thought he might have put his hand up for november treatment....8-)

NAGG
25-10-2008, 12:15 PM
anyone heared from the innaugral TONY M.....hes been a bit quiet, thought he might have put his hand up for november treatment....8-)

both Tony & his guide (Les) - - - disappeared - GONE!

darylive
25-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Wracked of with the trophy!!!

Still waitin for a pics of Chris with the MokooH treasure trove?

Deano and Nip, I treid for Jack during the week, nothing doing, lost a rod over boad while spotin a snag, then I went over tryin to sort the mess. Recovered the rod from the bottom. (bloody salt water!)

Jack fishin is cursed!

Callop
26-10-2008, 01:15 AM
Updated attendance list
Nipsta ............8th
Tropical Trout..8th
Nagg ..............7th
Barraboss.......7th
Deano.............7th
The Fred..........7th
Whitto.............7th
Mikooh............7th
Darylive ..........7th
Callop..............6th
Capvet.............6th
BR65.................?????????

Whitto
26-10-2008, 07:01 AM
Updated attendance list
Nipsta ............8th
Tropical Trout..8th
Nagg ..............7th
Barraboss.......7th
Deano.............7th
The Fred..........7th
Whitto.............7th
Mikooh............7th
Darylive ..........7th
Callop..............6th
Capvet.............6th
BR65.................?????????

Which reminds me I better go and get a carton of Dr Good while it's on Special......more bloody expense...but necessary;D

BR65
26-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Not me Dave, Im flogging the water the week end before you blokes.

Tropicaltrout
26-10-2008, 07:24 AM
Dr good whats that?

Looks like a turn up much like the muster of september. Oh what fun... Hey greg I will have plenty of space for you to roll a swag under the tarp or mine swag will be set up for passers by so your welcom to it. not long now lads yeeehaaa

Nath

Whitto
26-10-2008, 07:40 AM
Dr good whats that?

Looks like a turn up much like the muster of september. Oh what fun... Hey greg I will have plenty of space for you to roll a swag under the tarp or mine swag will be set up for passers by so your welcom to it. not long now lads yeeehaaa

Nath Thanks Nath.....Ill take u up on that...saves me putting my Dome up for one....Thanks for that......Dr Good.....Hahn Premium Light for $22.95 a carton at Liquor Land.....Hhmmmm very noice...well I like it anyway;D

BR65
26-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Thanks Nath.....Ill take u up on that...saves me putting my Dome up for one....Thanks for that......Dr Good.....Hahn Premium Light for $22.95 a carton at Liquor Land.....Hhmmmm very noice...well I like it anyway;D

Lights mate, your not watching your figure are ya?? ::)

nipsta
26-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Thanks Nath.....Ill take u up on that...saves me putting my Dome up for one....Thanks for that......Dr Good.....Hahn Premium Light for $22.95 a carton at Liquor Land.....Hhmmmm very noice...well I like it anyway;D
hey whitto just to wet the whistle nath and dean fished the bank spot and i fished my river spot me one jack 41 cm in the middle of a storm and i belive last i heard dean and nath one each in the 30 to 40 cm range and we alll lost a few good ones as well i had one hook and fought him towads the boat and as useall the jack new where the other line was and tangle enought that he could pull away from the hook never mind that was my last session before the mondy trip the boat has been stripped today and im now setting all roads and checking all lures to make sure there up to scratch i have organized my mobile boat mechinic to come and service the boat and trailer the thursday before we go and fuel and im set

BR65
26-10-2008, 11:52 AM
fishing sounds slow at the moment Simon, Pete62 has a report up.

Im pretty sure Pete4 is back today, be interesting to see how he and Kyle went

Whitto
26-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Lights mate, your not watching your figure are ya?? ::) I believe Brian.....U have to be an Athlete to battle the Mighty Barra;D....so Im doing my bit to be as sharp as should the occasion arise.....in the mean time the old XXXX Gold is never too far away8-)

Whitto
26-10-2008, 11:56 AM
hey whitto just to wet the whistle nath and dean fished the bank spot and i fished my river spot me one jack 41 cm in the middle of a storm and i belive last i heard dean and nath one each in the 30 to 40 cm range and we alll lost a few good ones as well i had one hook and fought him towads the boat and as useall the jack new where the other line was and tangle enought that he could pull away from the hook never mind that was my last session before the mondy trip the boat has been stripped today and im now setting all roads and checking all lures to make sure there up to scratch i have organized my mobile boat mechinic to come and service the boat and trailer the thursday before we go and fuel and im set Imagine what they will be like when it gets hot......I will get up there to investigate the Red Devils8-)

nipsta
26-10-2008, 11:59 AM
fishing sounds slow at the moment Simon, Pete62 has a report up.

Im pretty sure Pete4 is back today, be interesting to see how he and Kyle went
yes it sounds like hard work that is for sure i say now the temp is on the way up that it will chagne it has been all over the place latey the weather its been the same in the rivers hard fishing 5 trips for 2 jacks been hard work even getting live bait or getting the red devils to take a lure but im always up for a challenge i tell ya i hanging for this one time will be on me and naths hand that is for sure but i have a plan and i think if i stick too it i should end up with some reward at the end of the week if not before and a fish will be a bonus

Tropicaltrout
26-10-2008, 12:30 PM
just the 1 each lads, hooked my first unstoppable one we were both amazed of the pulling power of the red devil he had no turn in him at all an the drag was locked!!!!

DEANO68
26-10-2008, 02:05 PM
just the 1 each lads, hooked my first unstoppable one we were both amazed of the pulling power of the red devil he had no turn in him at all an the drag was locked!!!!

heres the little uns...

Whitto
26-10-2008, 02:42 PM
just the 1 each lads, hooked my first unstoppable one we were both amazed of the pulling power of the red devil he had no turn in him at all an the drag was locked!!!!Nath what Reel where u using out of curiosity for the unstoppable Devil

Tropicaltrout
26-10-2008, 04:15 PM
2500 Daiwa regal spinning reel I reckon I could have use a bloomin offshore reel he was not stoppin, you must get up here and try it Greg its alot of fun. Anyway off to get him now, I will let you know if I win:-/

Cheers Nath

Whitto
26-10-2008, 04:32 PM
We'll discuss it over a cold one at Mondy;)

NAGG
26-10-2008, 04:40 PM
heres the little uns...

Nath is so concerned , he's not letting go of those lip grippers ;D

Chris

Callop
26-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Not me Dave, Im flogging the water the week end before you blokes.
No worries Brian. Must of got my wires crossed.

BR65
26-10-2008, 07:32 PM
heres the little uns...

Nath, is it just me or is your hat getting bigger in that pic;D

No worries Brian. Must of got my wires crossed.

I wish I was up Dave, so many faces to put a name to, ah well, its a long summer

Tropicaltrout
26-10-2008, 08:45 PM
[quote=BR65;918531]Nath, is it just me or is your hat getting bigger in that pic;D

;D Funny mate it did rain and i tell ya me and deano sat under the hat it kept the rain off us ;D

No more tonight whitto..... My mates whittnessed one of the classic Jack attacks on the surface though but diddn't stay connected, thats it now till Mondy going to lay off the fishing till then;) ::) ;D but if the weather turn hot well I may slip a quick fish in8-)

Cheers Nath

DEANO68
27-10-2008, 06:42 AM
[quote=BR65;918531]Nath, is it just me or is your hat getting bigger in that pic;D

;D Funny mate it did rain and i tell ya me and deano sat under the hat it kept the rain off us ;D

No more tonight whitto..... My mates whittnessed one of the classic Jack attacks on the surface though but diddn't stay connected, thats it now till Mondy going to lay off the fishing till then;) ::) ;D but if the weather turn hot well I may slip a quick fish in8-)

Cheers Nath

that was two surface eruptions nath, but steves, when the bugger had a second go was pretty good stuff..;)

Tropicaltrout
28-10-2008, 06:42 AM
Well we are in the FINAL COUNTDOWN lads 10 to go before another IBD fix....

DEANO68
28-10-2008, 06:48 AM
Well we are in the FINAL COUNTDOWN lads 10 to go before another IBD fix....

wooo bring on some warm weather,, nite temps look better later this week,..

Whitto
28-10-2008, 06:50 AM
Well we are in the FINAL COUNTDOWN lads 10 to go before another IBD fix....Which reminds me Nath Ill have to do the Wheel Bearings on the trailer (every 2nd trip) and change the gearbox oil in the Yammy...what Im pleased about is the Temps are riseing (bloody prolonged Winter);)

Tropicaltrout
28-10-2008, 06:55 AM
yes the winter has been somewhat stretched, yes a little TLC for the motor and trailer will save a headache on a big trip. Good stuff mate

darylive
28-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Don't worry about that! It has never stopped NAGG, well nearly.

NAGG
28-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Don't worry about that! It has never stopped NAGG, well nearly.

Just a speed hump in lifes travels

Chris

PS ..... Save the monkeys