PDA

View Full Version : Boaties Market

DR
12-10-2008, 08:24 PM
I was sitting here contemplating my navel when i had the thought that the Viccy Pt VMR must be having a boaties Market in the near future..Checked their website & it's this Sunday 19th, how come those in the know didn't mention it.. or is it being kept secret so tehy can score all the good bargains themselves;D;D

coroboy
12-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Hi DR, Thanks for putting out the alert.:D There was a thread started by Webby some weeks ago but your thread bringing up the market again is fantastic. You beat me to putting in a reminder thread. Yep the Boaties market is on this Sunday 19 Oct 2008. Starts at 5.00am and finishes at Noon giving every one time to gloat over their purchases and get out onto the brinnie. Last market had a queue of sellers all the way down to Bunnings. The market just keeps growing like the biggest fish every fisherman caught some years ago but the Boaties Market is no mind trick or illusion. The price is still $10 for sellers no matter what size is required and there is no need to book. Buyers - a donation at the gate. See you all there and great buying and selling. Location is Victoria Point State School, Colburn Ave. The school does a sausage sizzle, coffee and soft drinks but be in quick before they run out. VMR is also running a raffle with prizes such as Boat licence courses, a big Eskie, Voucher for Battery Word Capalaba and other items.
Coroboy, VMR Victoria Point.

BR65
13-10-2008, 07:21 AM
Dont forget if your a seller, to have plenty of small notes and coin for change.

cheers
brian

Ausfish
13-10-2008, 07:48 AM
Here is the link - http://www.vmr.org.au/

goldfish
19-10-2008, 02:55 AM
I think it would be a great idea if they started having these monthly;D

Lucky_Phill
19-10-2008, 10:28 AM
It has been in the " news " area for some time.....

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=136720

finga
20-10-2008, 11:36 AM
I think it would be a great idea if they started having these monthly;D
The cook would have to disagree with that.

I went just to say gidday to a few blokes, have a sausage sambo and not buy any crap this time.
I limited myself to one Woolies bag and had only 1 arm to carry said bag to limit the quantity of crap I'd be able to bring home this time.
All that meant was I had to do a few trips to the car...Bugger ::)
Next time I'm taking the Woolies trolley with me instead ;D

The do just gets bigger and bigger

subzero
15-11-2008, 11:56 AM
The cook would have to disagree with that.

I went just to say gidday to a few blokes, have a sausage sambo and not buy any crap this time.
I limited myself to one Woolies bag and had only 1 arm to carry said bag to limit the quantity of crap I'd be able to bring home this time.
All that meant was I had to do a few trips to the car...Bugger ::)
Next time I'm taking the Woolies trolley with me instead ;D

The do just gets bigger and bigger

Gidday Finga, like you say it keeps getting bigger and bigger. We hope it gets better and better as well. We have decided we are altering the theme just a little to try to include more bargains that really quite often fit in with the fishing and that is camping We are going to start promoting camping equipment as an important part of the "Boaties Market" now as well so hopefully that section will grow

Plenty of advance notice this time, the next Boaties Market will be on Sunday 15th March 2009. Hopefully this wont clash with anything but the school itself give us the dates the ground is available so we don't really have a great deal of choice.

See the attached pdf form with the details.

Cheers Lloyd